What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

onavelzy

Veteran
It's getting so thick at the hideout, I hardly have enough room to back up and get a full-plant picture...

The buds are getting real heavy on a few girls and filling in nicely on the rest..
I've been tying a lot of branches up to make sure they don't break..

Pollen has been applied to half a dozen branches, need to do a few more today or tomorrow.

Just 4 weeks, maybe 5 at the most, to go....Gonna be time to start sharpening my trimmers soon...
Hope I can get a couple close friends to come visit and trim for a few days next month....

Nice Christmas trees Bud!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My neighbor who doesn't smoke weed to my knowledge, complimented me on my plants. He always likes to look over the fence at them, and track the growth. He started growing vegetables a couple years ago after seeing me do it every year.

Now he thinks he might want some seeds to grow next year, since its legal here. I think he's using miracle grow. Ill have to council him on that :O

packerfan79

Veteran
My neighbor who doesn't smoke weed to my knowledge, complimented me on my plants. He always likes to look over the fence at them, and track the growth. He started growing vegetables a couple years ago after seeing me do it every year.

Now he thinks he might want some seeds to grow next year, since its legal here. I think he's using miracle grow. Ill have to council him on that :O

You definitely gotta get the neighbor off the miracle (poison) grow. Mabey you can get him on organic soil. I am hearing more and more people who don't smoke, wanting to grow cannabis. That's awesome. That's how we change the ignorant perception about our favorite plant, one person at a time.

My mom was talking about growing a few plants in her garden. She said I could plant some for her, but my pops might not be to receptive. She, maybe next year.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Got the church thing with my dad done. Ran by the Farmers market for giant organic heirloom tomatoes, and a large Hami melon. The melons here are fabulous this time of year. Ive seen 20-30 different varieties. I eat about 2 a week and scoop out, dry, and save all seeds. I want to start doing some crosses with some of those.
An ultra sweet perfumy Honeydew melon crossed to a crunchy sweet clean tasting Hami. Crenshaw x Italian Cantaloupe...... Watermelon x Honeydew....

It was cool last night. I took the beach cruiser (Felt) out for a putt at dusk. I had already pulled out the compressor, and used solar power to pump up the tires to a full 50 psi. I had dusted and waxed it up an hour before I rode.

So I pull it out of my gate, and went to climb on, and almost fell on my ass! My son had rode it last, and hella lowered the seat, by about 7 inches. So I had to go back and get tools to raise it back up. I got it to the right spot, hopped on, and started riding, and all kinds of racket emanated from what I thought was the derailer or rear sprocket. I went around the block, trying to shift the noise away, with a big frown on my face. It just got louder.

So I took it in the garage and pulled the derailer, inspected, and readjusted. Still made noise. Then I noticed the front bracket behind the chain guard was loose. That was what it was. What a dummy! So then I had a great ride. That bike is somewhat stretch, quick Brick fat tires, soft, wide, barrel spring seat, and springer front end, make it ride like one of those old Lincoln Continentals. You just glide.

I stepped out to pollenate several plants with both Black Lime Reserve, and Bucksaw pollen. Sharpie, pollens, tiny paint brushes, branch marking tape etc all organized. I noticed it was warm, but the second I stepped out into the Secret Garden, it was like a pocket of magnified sunshine and heat. I backed my ass up and out of there real fast. That can wait till later. Its 97

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Tiny seeds when compared to cannabis...….

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Ive got 19 branches selected and tagged with labels for pollenating. Its still hot out there, Im taking a quick break. Got about 30-40 minutes of light left. I still have to select and label Sativas and Hazes, but the worst is done. The pollen application will go pretty fast. One type pf pollen at a time. The wind is still. Perfect

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Got the Sativas and hazes done with one cross then ran out of light and blood. There are still a few mosquitos out there, but nothing like before, No more swarms.

Ill finish the Sour Dub, OGM, and DBMH pollinations first thing in the morning

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always let the seeds sink myself...usually after an overnight soak and a quick stir they will sink ...and normally have split along the seam...

mornin campers...

not much going on today,monkey butts daddy will be picking her up,she actually managed to get through a visit without pushing me out of my own bed! still dont know how she does that,she's mostly fur after all!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:actually cooling off somewhat...no days in the 90's this next week,and the nighttime temps are dropping into the 60's finally...

gotta decide if i'm going to pull plants out of flower,most of them look like crap right now,they were way overgrown and potbound when i put them in flower,i have enough plants in veg to replace them but it would be a long stretch with no harvest...i have trim work coming up,but that probably wont be enough to cover everything...

summer growing just doesn't seem to be worth the effort...at least july and august...swamp coolers just dont do it when its humid out...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Lots of shit to do today.
Finish pollenating
Get Shallots, Scallions, and portobelini drying in the dehydrator
Collect pollen in the green house (OGM x Maple leaf)
Shop for groceries and hardware
get in a dusk bike ride

Unc, I don't know how you could handle not having a dog around full time. Id be real lonely without mine. They are some of the very best friends Ive ever had.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was just thinking one of the best things about having a dog around is that unrestrained joy they feel when you come home...monkey butt isn't even my dog and yet she dances around like crazy when i get back to the house...

i don't have a dog for a couple of reasons...first off the last dog i had when i had to have her put to sleep it was really hard on me...and second i don't have a good way to transport a dog to say the vets office or just around town with me,and along with that i rarely have unexpected vet bill money around and i couldn't stand the thought of a dog suffering because i bought some bike stuff...

and another thing is that monkey butt is like the perfect dog as far as behavior and overall demeanor so she's ruined me for other dogs....but there's no way i'm shelling out 2 grand for a dog,and probably not many labradoodle pups end up at the pound...pretty much have only had rescue dogs which are great,but they have all had serious fear problems which is both heart breaking and annoying all at the same time...little miss B here could care less if there's fireworks or lightning or the vacuum cleaner or any of that kind of stuff...

and then there's the whole what kind of dog to get debate...i have always liked labs,but really don't want to tow a 70lb dog around....but a smaller dog would have limited range for running around on the trails,but easier to take on a camping trip...if i get a pup and trailer train it then it would be fairly easy to modify the trailer i have...or upgrade to the new burly trailer with a 3 inch tire and suspension to smooth the ride out,plus you can add a rack and panniers to still have plenty of cargo space...that would be fun...have the trailer bed set up as a padded bed for the dog with a sun shade,it would be easy to set up...and get a chihuahua cross of some sort,plenty of those around...could backpack train it as well...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its only taken me 5 years to decide on 3 keepers. Dosido and Sherb will stay around a bit longer. They cover a wide range of expressions that im happy with. The only plants that will remain are from my own work. Only 1 left is Zurple punch bx. Everything else has been culled. I still have decades worth of seed stock to hunt through.

These will be the main breeding stock.
N.E.M
FLASHPOINT
SKILLZ