What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hey VP what rate are you using on the zerotol? I just added some to my res at 1:2000 (.064 oz per gal) just as a preventative. Can’t afford duds at the new spot.
I see they actually recommend 1:100 for a soil drench so I’m hoping I’ll be okay. Shit will drop ph fiercely.

I’ve been using it on the plants that have dudded at the 1:100 (1.25 oz/gal)...which I’ve been mixing it in at 40ml/gal. And at 40ml/gal....there is no adjusting the pH! Lmao. That shit stays at like 4.3 and doesn’t move no matter how much pH up I use.

I’m in soil so I imagine it’s not as bad as coco or hydro. I actually haven’t seen any bad effects watering with it. Of course I’m only using it on the duds so far. Some seem to be responding well to it. While others, like my moms, are still dudding out hard. Lookin like I might loose GG4 and FS7. :’( I haven’t given up yet though.

Honestly, I’ve only hit each dud one time with the Zerotol. Kinda scared to hit em 2 and 3 times in a row with the pH that low. But I’m at the point now with some, that I’m about to try it out. Probably gonna mix Zerotol and sm90 in a gal tomorrow and go nuts. With the Zerotol’s pH being so low, and the sm90’s pH being so high...I’m probably gonna create a dirty bomb and blow myself up! Lol. If you guys happen to look towards the east coast tomorrow around 9am EST and see smoke...that’s me blowing up! Hahaha

For the record, I have foilar sprayed some duds with the 1:100 ratio and had no bad effects either.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I will kiss someone’s a

I will kiss someone’s a

a$$ If I don’t stay on my IPM program this time....no slacking is the new rule and plan is in place. The amount of time and hassle I put into nursing my few moms back into good health this last time is ridiculous to the few minutes I could have spent preventing the problems in the first place by being more careful. :shooty:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
a$$ If I don’t stay on my IPM program this time....no slacking is the new rule and plan is in place. The amount of time and hassle I put into nursing my few moms back into good health this last time is ridiculous to the few minutes I could have spent preventing the problems in the first place by being more careful. :shooty:

Dude I’m right there with you. Ain’t nobody’s fault but our own! :biglaugh:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I’ve been using it on the plants that have dudded at the 1:100 (1.25 oz/gal)...which I’ve been mixing it in at 40ml/gal. And at 40ml/gal....there is no adjusting the pH! Lmao. That shit stays at like 4.3 and doesn’t move no matter how much pH up I use.

I’m in soil so I imagine it’s not as bad as coco or hydro. I actually haven’t seen any bad effects watering with it. Of course I’m only using it on the duds so far. Some seem to be responding well to it. While others, like my moms, are still dudding out hard. Lookin like I might loose GG4 and FS7. :’( I haven’t given up yet though.

Honestly, I’ve only hit each dud one time with the Zerotol. Kinda scared to hit em 2 and 3 times in a row with the pH that low. But I’m at the point now with some, that I’m about to try it out. Probably gonna mix Zerotol and sm90 in a gal tomorrow and go nuts. With the Zerotol’s pH being so low, and the sm90’s pH being so high...I’m probably gonna create a dirty bomb and blow myself up! Lol. If you guys happen to look towards the east coast tomorrow around 9am EST and see smoke...that’s me blowing up! Hahaha

For the record, I have foilar sprayed some duds with the 1:100 ratio and had no bad effects either.
Thanks bud.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer have you grown gg4 x gsc x cb ? Don’t remember seeing it. Really liking the looks of it so far.
Hello all the rest of you guys. Seem to have got rid of those damn russets finally. I wouldn’t wish them on anyone. Little mother fuckers will drive you crazy.

Yes. its Motherloaded x CB. No one knew what motherloaded was so I just put genetics used.

picture.php

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

I no longer use sm90! It's way over priced! I've been buying Canola oil from the baking section in the grocery store. It's thicker then the oil in the sm90. I warm the bottle and liquid before spraying onto the plants. I spray a dish soap water onto the plants before I spray them.

With sm90 you can't mix neem oil in with it because of the sulfur. With the canola oil, I can mix neem in with the vegetable oil.

I spray stuff in the shower so I can wash the area down after spraying.

Doing the Canola oil spray and/or canola oil and neem mix kicked the russet mites I had earlier this summer.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I no longer use sm90! It's way over priced! I've been buying Canola oil from the baking section in the grocery store. It's thicker then the oil in the sm90. I warm the bottle and liquid before spraying onto the plants. I spray a dish soap water onto the plants before I spray them.

With sm90 you can't mix neem oil in with it because of the sulfur. With the canola oil, I can mix neem in with the vegetable oil.

I spray stuff in the shower so I can wash the area down after spraying.

Doing the Canola oil spray and/or canola oil and neem mix kicked the russet mites I had earlier this summer.

Good to know. :tiphat:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Speaking of spraying for pests.....

I haven't used spinosad in the longest time. I recall mixing it in with something else but don't recall what. It was either mixed in with the sm90 or in with the neem oil spray.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
managed to get 7 more plants into flower...didnt end up taking anything out,they still have 5 weeks to go and they seem to be doing better with the cooler temps,aint gonna be a big harvest but it will be something at least...start at the trim job sunday...gonna force myself to put in 8 hour days and try and knock out 2 lbs a day...and i think there will be another round at the beginning of next month,so i should scrape by...and then it will be the prime season so i should be able to get 6 lamps going right off as soon as its cool enough...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I’m waiting for it to cool down also.

Had a friend ask me to grow another plant for him yesterday. I told him I couldn’t.
I wanted to tell him “I’m sorry you are such a wuss and your wife won’t let you. “

My mistake I grew him 2 nice autos and he stayed away until I cut and cured them. Then he wanted me to do it again.

Some friends

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still up into the high 90's here. Low 50's early morning. This is PM weather. Keep a good eye this time of year.

Dude I’m right there with you. Ain’t nobody’s fault but our own! :biglaugh:

Its not that hard to do.. It doesn't mean you have to treat ur plants. 99% of my IPM is keeping the area pest free. Keeping ur temp swings low is key. Micronized Sulfur works perfectly for PM. If u see large swings hit them with Sulfur. I use a burner and lov it. I haven't needed to spray anything on my plants in a very long time only for thrips. Inspection is the most important thing you can do. The earlier you find issues the better it will be.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: mornin campers...

yup,i say it every year,but i really need to just not grow during july and august,too hard to deal with the heat,and much harder to control pest...at the very least i need to invest in something like a 4x8 tent and a/c so i can at least have some income during the summer...

probably be easier to build a grow that size in the garage so i could not be running the cooler out back 24/7...

off from the garden today,going riding in a bit,tomorrow i have to haul medium and nutes and do a bunch of up-pots...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can still pick out males vs females based on aroma.. I missed 1 female on my last run but she wasn't a keeper. I'm not pulling anything until I know for sure. At some point Im just gonna go with that aroma if im not getting that many wrong. I just pulled 3 I had marked with that stink. All where male. I'm glad I started multiple MAC testers just in case. The last Pink Panther x Grape Crush) x CB) x MAC is a female.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I can still pick out males vs females based on aroma.. I missed 1 female on my last run but she wasn't a keeper. I'm not pulling anything until I know for sure. At some point Im just gonna go with that aroma if im not getting that many wrong. I just pulled 3 I had marked with that stink. All where male. I'm glad I started multiple MAC testers just in case. The last Pink Panther x Grape Crush) x CB) x MAC is a female.

I go by the pre-flowers... normally

I recall seeing some one post many years ago about being able to tell if a seed was male or female...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I go by the pre-flowers... normally

I recall seeing some one post many years ago about being able to tell if a seed was male or female...

IMO telling from the way a seed looks is just not possible. Changing how seeds look can be done without much difficulty..

Pre flowers are the Standard for checking sex. If you want to know sooner there are tests available..

After decades of growing plants I know that smell Males/hermies typically have. I'm rarely wrong picking them out. Ive been tracking this for a few years now.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Olfaction, the sense of smell

Hammer, the sex whisperer

Keen nose ya got there my friend .....since I got married the old lady poots too much and fans the covers....my sense of smell is just not that in point anymore. Just kidding - my sinus issues have never been better. I am not experienced enough to know the difference so need to stick with pre-flowers. Tests are too expensive for a small timer like me

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
IMO telling from the way a seed looks is just not possible. Changing how seeds look can be done without much difficulty..

Pre flowers are the Standard for checking sex. If you want to know sooner there are tests available..

After decades of growing plants I know that smell Males/hermies typically have. I'm rarely wrong picking them out. Ive been tracking this for a few years now.

So does this smelling out the males from the females include rubbing the stems with your fingers then smelling them(the sent on your fingers or the plant), or is it the level of the odder that the plant has when you smell it (like smelling the roses)?

What is the difference in smell that puts your plants in the male or female pile? Then from about what week range can you start telling if they are male or female?

Oh by the way some times reading the pre-flowers, they have lied to me or I didn't read them right...........

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Olfaction, the sense of smell

Hammer, the sex whisperer

Keen nose ya got there my friend .....since I got married the old lady poots too much and fans the covers....my sense of smell is just not that in point anymore. Just kidding - my sinus issues have never been better. I am not experienced enough to know the difference so need to stick with pre-flowers. Tests are too expensive for a small timer like me

No!!! He's just another sick old guy who has put his fingers in way to may places and smells them afterwards :D Just like Unc :D JW and his midgets too :D

:biggrin: I'm just joking around :laughing: