What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I was on my way to church yesterday, and stopped for a ered light. A guy crossed in front of me on a bike. He had this big smile on his face. He kept looking down at his front basket. Then I saw it. A little Scotty dog sitting in the basket for the ride, having a blast. That dog was digging the ride bigtime, and his master was all proud. I saw joy from both of them. I wish I could put my dogs on a bike. They broke my clavicle last time I took them for a run with the bike.

i was just thinking one of the best things about having a dog around is that unrestrained joy they feel when you come home...monkey butt isn't even my dog and yet she dances around like crazy when i get back to the house...

i don't have a dog for a couple of reasons...first off the last dog i had when i had to have her put to sleep it was really hard on me...and second i don't have a good way to transport a dog to say the vets office or just around town with me,and along with that i rarely have unexpected vet bill money around and i couldn't stand the thought of a dog suffering because i bought some bike stuff...

and another thing is that monkey butt is like the perfect dog as far as behavior and overall demeanor so she's ruined me for other dogs....but there's no way i'm shelling out 2 grand for a dog,and probably not many labradoodle pups end up at the pound...pretty much have only had rescue dogs which are great,but they have all had serious fear problems which is both heart breaking and annoying all at the same time...little miss B here could care less if there's fireworks or lightning or the vacuum cleaner or any of that kind of stuff...

and then there's the whole what kind of dog to get debate...i have always liked labs,but really don't want to tow a 70lb dog around....but a smaller dog would have limited range for running around on the trails,but easier to take on a camping trip...if i get a pup and trailer train it then it would be fairly easy to modify the trailer i have...or upgrade to the new burly trailer with a 3 inch tire and suspension to smooth the ride out,plus you can add a rack and panniers to still have plenty of cargo space...that would be fun...have the trailer bed set up as a padded bed for the dog with a sun shade,it would be easy to set up...and get a chihuahua cross of some sort,plenty of those around...could backpack train it as well...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Todays work

Todays work

Pollenating 30+ crosses. Lotta work.
Here is a super fragrant Red Lebanese getting hit with Bucksaw Electric pollen.
picture.php

picture.php

Dehydrator is loaded and operating
Now to process the tomatoes. A quick dip in boiling water, then into ice water, slip off skins and cut cores, then freeze on a tray, and into vac lock bags for the freezer

These are Organic Heirlooms. Vine ripe, super sweet. Giant Belgium, Cherokee Purple, and Yellow Man:biggrin:. These are some of the best flavor tomatoes on the planet
picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
Pollenating 30+ crosses. Lotta work.
Here is a super fragrant Red Lebanese getting hit with Bucksaw Electric pollen.
View Image

View Image
Dehydrator is loaded and operating
Now to process the tomatoes. A quick dip in boiling water, then into ice water, slip off skins and cut cores, then freeze on a tray, and into vac lock bags for the freezer

These are Organic Heirlooms. Vine ripe, super sweet. Giant Belgium, Cherokee Purple, and Yellow Man:biggrin:. These are some of the best flavor tomatoes on the planet
View Image

There is nothing better than a legit heirloom tomato on a good cheeseburger or in a salad or just with cheese and bread. I can't stand to eat "regular" tomatoes

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No Thanks!
biggrin.gif

This is for outdoor, with no wind. The pollen brush is wide and thin. It holds just enough pollen for 1 application. It can hit a lot of pistils at once. I refrain from spooning pollen outside. If the wind comes up within the hour, it will cause a seed storm.

Not possible to do what ur trying without getting other branches getting contaminated with pollen. The smaller the brush the less pollen in the wind. Saying there's no wind outdoor is like saying there's no air lol. Id bet money u will find seeds on other branches.

Those spoons I use would never be used outdoor. Those and brushes are for indoor use only.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Not possible to do what ur trying without getting other branches getting contaminated with pollen. The smaller the brush the less pollen in the wind. Saying there's no wind outdoor is like saying there's no air lol. Id bet money u will find seeds on other branches.

Those spoons I use would never be used outdoor. Those and brushes are for indoor use only.

Sticky buds are sticky. Nuff said :)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

gonna have to watch the giro de italia next year...so far the vuelta espana has been sorta ho-hum...mainly i think because it's mostly b-team riders which is good in a way since the tour de france has been getting a bit boring with team sky utterly dominating the race...kinda like any sport,if you throw massive amounts of money at the team it gets to be a lopsided affair...

interesting for me to see how small the crowds are...the tour de france there are vast crowds along the route on every stage,the mountain stages are berserk...

back to chores again today...off on errands in a bit...

i think i may pull some plants out of flower tonight and move the rest of the not so good plants to the perimeter and get the 9 healthy and most important,not too frickin tall plants under the lights....temps should be trending down now,and it's dropping into the 60's at night so hopefully the summer temps are over with...

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Corey 62 days

Pics don’t do this gal justice. She is dank AF. Flowers are smelling like burnt rubber. And all the colas, even the ones under the canopy, are large and dense. Basically, I’m fallin in love! Lol

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Green Crack 48 days

Gonna take her hopefully at the latest, day 55. Wanna see if she gives that rush when takin early. She came out lots better than the first run.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2.0 41 days

picture.php
picture.php

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
2.0 69 days

Taking her tomorrow...

picture.php

KarmaRado

picture.php

Blue Dream

This plant dudded out on me and didn’t stretch. I hit her a little over a week ago with Zerotol 2.0 and then started using sm-90 in my res at 5ml/gal. I wouldn’t bet the farm yet, but she is starting to look like she might be coming out of it.

picture.php

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey VP what rate are you using on the zerotol? I just added some to my res at 1:2000 (.064 oz per gal) just as a preventative. Can’t afford duds at the new spot.
I see they actually recommend 1:100 for a soil drench so I’m hoping I’ll be okay. Shit will drop ph fiercely.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's no wonder the post office loses so much money every year...they suck! 30 people in line with one person on duty...i watched an acorn sprout and turn into a mighty oak tree while i waited...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's no wonder the post office loses so much money every year...they suck! 30 people in line with one person on duty...i watched an acorn sprout and turn into a mighty oak tree while i waited...

at least you didn't have an attack of sudden onset Tourette syndrome :biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not at the post office,that didn't happen until i got to the walmart parking lot! got cut off by two assholes pulling in front of me and not bothering to look both ways before they pulled out...

Grizz

Veteran
Hammer have you grown the gg4 x gsc x cb ? Don’t remember seeing it. Really liking the looks of it so far.

Hello all the rest of you guys. Seem to have got rid of those damn russets finally. I wouldn’t wish them on anyone. Little mother fuckers will drive you crazy.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Hello all the rest of you guys. Seem to have got rid of those damn russets finally. I wouldn’t wish them on anyone. Little mother fuckers will drive you crazy.

So russets were actually the guilty culprit? That was a lengthy battle. Congrats, Glad ya got ‘em knocked out.

Evening folks