What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
unc, I know you aren't a fan of spiders but I gotta post pics even when I have no grow going on :biggrin: about to pop some seeds though :woohoo:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

No clue what this one is but google is my friend

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
420somewhere and star crash I wish you both a speedy recovery!

That spider sucks. I never had a problem with spiders. Been bit by orb Weaver's, wolf, black and yellow garden spiders. No biggie. They I got bit right over the heart by a black widow. Worst week of my life. Now I am cautious around them. That pic above makes me want to take a shower.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I took the picture of this guy a long time ago...

I don't mind most spiders, but I'll kill black widows and brown recluse in my yard..
Any spider in my house gets squished... They should have read the sign...

Attachments

• spider1.jpg
    spider1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 10

redlaser

Veteran
420somewhere and star crash I wish you both a speedy recovery!

That spider sucks. I never had a problem with spiders. Been bit by orb Weaver's, wolf, black and yellow garden spiders. No biggie. They I got bit right over the heart by a black widow. Worst week of my life. Now I am cautious around them. That pic above makes me want to take a shower.

What kind of symptoms did the black widow produce? I’ve had a brown recluse bite, was like the last half of an acid trip for three days, plus the golf ball sized divot left behind.

How’s the deer management going with the garden? They were hitting you pretty hard a while back

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

a big thanks to john mccain for 60 years of service to our country...

no big ride today obviously as i would still be out there...still going out for a spin in a bit,just a shorty though,no more than 30 or so miles...

got clones to stick in rr's...i'm cutting out a bunch of varieties,got too many to keep them all in some sort of sane rotation,plus it gets boring running the same stuff over and over....time for the new new...

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
unclefishstick;8364106 a big thanks to john mccain for 60 years of service to our country... [/QUOTE said:
THIS :tiphat: RIP

Latest run....sativa, I love sativa

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice weather today...gonna nap and then do some yardwork / garden stuff this evening

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
someone just paid 48 million dollars for a ferrari gt250 from 1962...i'm gonna guess that person has more than one car in their garage too!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
What kind of symptoms did the black widow produce? I’ve had a brown recluse bite, was like the last half of an acid trip for three days, plus the golf ball sized divot left behind.

How’s the deer management going with the garden? They were hitting you pretty hard a while back

Exactly like you said, a wonked out acid trip. Mix in convulsions. The Dr said the biggest worry was if the red circle from the bite had red fingers like a sun branching off of it. I said shit, took my shirt off and his jaw dropped. He said holy shit you are in trouble. From over my heart to my waist and up over my shoulders it went. Excellent bedside manner eh Doc? Lol

He told me the antidote was far worse effects than the bite. Mainly used for kids or elderly. So I didn't get it. Went home and bascially watched myself from above lay on the couch and convulse. Arms and legs tightening up claw like, vomiting, fever, complete hell. I ate some edibles which helped. I was already tripping hard. I never never want to go through that again.

I surrounded my fields with solar powered electric fence and so far that has worked for the deer. Every once in a while I'll hear a wretched animal scream and know that one of them tested it. Or licked the peanut butter I have it slathered with.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:so much for having fun today...the workshop cooler pump burned out so off to wallyworld to hopefully find a replacement...

i got popped by a brown recluse or a hobo spider in alaska,had to hike out the next day like 10 miles...packed the bite with cayenne pepper so it burned like the sun during the hike...but it healed up ok,hurt like a bastard for like a week,lost a little flesh around the bite but never got really angry looking...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My kid got bit recently by a recluse. His foot looked like club. Its ok now, but a little flesh is gone around it. He didn't go to a Dr.

I was bit by a black widow on the hand or arm as a 4 year old. I don't remember what happened, but my parents said my arm was the size of my leg. They did not take me to a Dr. either. They both had medical backgrounds and observed and treated me at home. The fear of black widows is still with me, and there are plenty here in spring and summer. Most people don't know that they can jump about 3 feet if they want to.

packerfan79

Veteran
:tumbleweed:so much for having fun today...the workshop cooler pump burned out so off to wallyworld to hopefully find a replacement...

i got popped by a brown recluse or a hobo spider in alaska,had to hike out the next day like 10 miles...packed the bite with cayenne pepper so it burned like the sun during the hike...but it healed up ok,hurt like a bastard for like a week,lost a little flesh around the bite but never got really angry looking...

You guys are lucky, I have seen some bad bites from the brown recluse. My cousin had Necrotic sores the size of my fist allover his leg a dozen at least.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bigeye: it's well known that all spiders no matter what size can leap any distance right onto your face!

as much as i would love to go to australia they literally have hand sized spiders that leap out of trees during the mating season to attack people...and they have giant ugly fangs on top of it!

and red back spiders that love to hang out in outhouses and bite yer balls!

no thanks! i'll go to new zealand where the worst thing around is sheep!

alrighty,got the new pump installed...got lucky and wallyworld still had them on the shelf so only a short trip to get one...

between that and sleeping in like a slug it pretty much killed the day...

got a riding project for the next 2 weeks...i need to ride 240 miles to get the fargo and bucksaw to 1000 miles each,the timberjack i already hit 1000 on...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I just scored about 15 lbs of fresh picked ripe organic produce at the farmers market.
Sweet Italian red peppers, Shady Lady, Giant Belgium, Cherokee Purple, and Early Girl tomatoes, and some small eggplants.
Ill probably roast and process most of them

Im headed out with the cordless drill to drill the pole holes for the trellis material. Im procrastinating big time :D

onavelzy

Veteran
I took the picture of this guy a long time ago...

I don't mind most spiders, but I'll kill black widows and brown recluse in my yard..
Any spider in my house gets squished... They should have read the sign...

The way I see it, other bugs potentially introduce fungi and other pests like mites into my grow or they may damage the plants directly (moths >> caterpillars, fungus gnats).

Spiders kill other bugs.

Spiders are my friends

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
There are some giant orb spiders that live in the blackberry bushes in the delta sloughs. Very colorful and exotic.

I got all my work done for today. Plants are trellised, Peppers roasted on the bbq, and skinned, soaking in a Kalamata olive oil, garlic nuggets, fresh cracked pepper and Maldon sea salt. A nice antipasta, or great to go on sandwiches or over pasta.

Heres another Dubble Banana Mango Haze. This is DBMH-X
picture.php

Its a Sour Dubble Pheno. Good for making lots of rosin with, or hash. Hard buds

Here is from behind, from the Bucksaw garden. The bamboo is at least 6 foot tall, maybe closer to 7
picture.php

Miss Bucksaw
picture.php

Ive collected a good amount of Bucksaw pollen, from 2 males