What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:time to head out for a ride...a good solid crack of noon start,because what's better than a bike ride at high noon in the desert?:)

redlaser

Veteran
Exactly like you said, a wonked out acid trip. Mix in convulsions. The Dr said the biggest worry was if the red circle from the bite had red fingers like a sun branching off of it. I said shit, took my shirt off and his jaw dropped. He said holy shit you are in trouble. From over my heart to my waist and up over my shoulders it went. Excellent bedside manner eh Doc? Lol

He told me the antidote was far worse effects than the bite. Mainly used for kids or elderly. So I didn't get it. Went home and bascially watched myself from above lay on the couch and convulse. Arms and legs tightening up claw like, vomiting, fever, complete hell. I ate some edibles which helped. I was already tripping hard. I never never want to go through that again.

I surrounded my fields with solar powered electric fence and so far that has worked for the deer. Every once in a while I'll hear a wretched animal scream and know that one of them tested it. Or licked the peanut butter I have it slathered with.

I’m not aware of any antidote for black widow or brown recluse bites, wonder what your doc was talking about. My doc prescribed antibiotics and Valium, because I was kind of a rambling idiot at that point and couldn’t sleep at all, very wired.

A close friend who has a mom working as head RN at the local hospital described a doctor who had a rather unique treatment plan.
For years, whenever this doctor got recluse bite patients, his idea of “ helping” the situation was to excavate the damaged bite tissue, which basically just sloughs off as if battery acid has been applied.

Then he would take a little healthy tissue on the edge of the bite to make sure he got it all, resulting in a much larger scarring area.

Good to hear you got the deer under control, didn’t sound like that was going to happen.
We had to put up solar electric fence for the chickens, always something trying to get them. Haven’t heard of putting peanut butter on it though, I guess that’s to help them get aquainted with it.

Usually the deer don’t care about the chickens, but one day a deer kept inching closer to the fence, and the chickens got closer to the deer.
One electric wire is about two inches off the ground, the deer touches it, and does half a backflip into the brush behind him, chickens explode in all directions to escape.
Deer gets up, acts half drunk and slowly walks away

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: have i mentioned how glad i will be for summer to be over?

got in a good ride,29 miles today...only 75 left to get the fargo to 1000 miles...150.7 on the bucksaw...timberjack is already at 1k...when i get all 3 salsa bikes to 1000 miles the cost per mile will only be like $3.40 !:biggrin:

i only need to get them all over 4000 miles to bring the cost per mile down to less than a buck!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yeah it was some sort of antivenin but like you I was out of it. Never been bit by a recluse knock wood. My uncle nearly lost his leg. He's the type that refuses dr's. Almost cost him a leg.

Holy crow that's a lot of miles UNC. When you put it like that, the cost of the bikes do not seem that high. Have you ever considered doing a cross country ride?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would love to do something like that,just too hard to get away from the garden for that long,plus it would be surprisingly expensive when you consider the cost of food...i really want to ride to alaska some summer...4000 miles from here to homer alaska....figure it would take like 2 months,probably cost a few grand by the time you figure in the cost of flying home and shipping the bike back...it would be a heck of an adventure...along with a lot of really boring just turning the pedals over time...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My Ex wifes great uncle did nothing but cross country on a bike after his retirement. He went to every state, Canada, Mexico, and even all over Europe. I think he was 86 or 87 when he stopped riding and moved into a care home.

He had some amazing adventures, and he documented everything. His stories are recorded on an online biking site. Ive actually spent hours reading his logs, staying in hostles, being chased by dogs, meeting all kinds of people along the way.

He used to come riding up to the door all the way from Nebraska, in his 80s. He is in his 90s now and still alive and kicking to this day.

I think my older son got that from him. It totally blew me away when I realized that my son rode his razor scooter to Oregon. WTF? :D

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i see so many spiders out there in the grow ... you don't want to face-plant yourself into one of these ...i do it often so i've learned to be careful rounding the corners

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got some names picked out for another cross...

Tiger claw

Bear paw.

The next Killer cross to come out of HH garden coming soon.
SKILLZ LINE

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
You mean Zskittles?

I think my son is still running Zskittles. It has a strong rose aroma. I didn't really like that flavor, but my son said it makes bomb live rosin.

Hammer, you should invest in a small freeze dryer for making ice wax, and live rosin (freeze dried foods too).
https://harvestright.com/product/small-freeze-dryer-2/

That is a high quality machine.

You can get about 400 bucks off on the scratched and dinged models.

You can also freeze dry buds in 24 hours. They hold their form and shape, and smoke great. Super bag appeal. I have my new press set up over here, next Ill be getting a bubble magic, and a freeze dryer. RO ice is also key in making a superior product

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mean Zskittles?

I think my son is still running Zskittles. It has a strong rose aroma. I didn't really like that flavor, but my son said it makes bomb live rosin.

Hammer, you should invest in a small freeze dryer for making ice wax, and live rosin (freeze dried foods too).
https://harvestright.com/product/small-freeze-dryer-2/

That is a high quality machine.

You can get about 400 bucks off on the scratched and dinged models.

You can also freeze dry buds in 24 hours. They hold their form and shape, and smoke great. Super bag appeal. I have my new press set up over here, next Ill be getting a bubble magic, and a freeze dryer. RO ice is also key in making a superior product

No. its my own cross named Skillz.

NEM

picture.php

Sherb. This plant is huge. pushing 7'

picture.php

picture.php

Urkle x HK

picture.php

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
No. its my own cross named Skillz.

Oh good!

Whats the cross man?

Hey, Im getting really excited about this unknown Bucksaw cross. Ive collected pollen if you would like some. Looks like full on Sativa. A special one. Ill save some pollen for you for later after I get a whiff of the terpenes. Ive got a feeling that this cross, whatever it is, is going to be something special. Likely good breeding material.

On another note..... I got a slight whiff of the first Lebanese to go into bud. Im thinking it smells similar to a Nevilles Haze so far. I had hoped for a strong Manderine orange, or citrus.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh good!

Whats the cross man?

Hey, Im getting really excited about this unknown Bucksaw cross. Ive collected pollen if you would like some. Looks like full on Sativa. A special one. Ill save some pollen for you for later after I get a whiff of the terpenes. Ive got a feeling that this cross, whatever it is, is going to be something special. Likely good breeding material.

On another note..... I got a slight whiff of the first Lebanese to go into bud. Im thinking it smells similar to a Nevilles Haze so far. I had hoped for a strong Manderine orange, or citrus.

I haven't published what it is yet. I will keep that to my self for now.

I'm drying CBS1, flashpoint, Sour Ape. All are top shelf killers. I was pleasantly surprised how well CBS1 finished.

Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer

here is a CBs1 i grew out last year >>> awesome plant potent smoke & quality high... i want to grow her again kind Sir :bow:

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I keep looking at this plant and wondering WTF it is. Ive never had anything that looked even similar turn out average. Has an Asian look to it. Thailand, Cambodia, China, Viet Nam?
I should be able to smell terpenes within a week. Ididnt keep a male but Ive got plenty of pollen
picture.php

Many of the leafs have 10 leaf fingers

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: mornin campers...

managed to get up earlier today to no avail...still sitting around drinking coffee,getting high and reading the news...

not much going on as usual...off day from the garden so just need to refill the ro barrel,and a trip to the po...so probably just take a spin around town and grab some easy road miles...

archaicatoms

I keep looking at this plant and wondering WTF it is. Ive never had anything that looked even similar turn out average. Has an Asian look to it. Thailand, Cambodia, China, Viet Nam?
I should be able to smell terpenes within a week. Ididnt keep a male but Ive got plenty of pollen
View Image

Many of the leafs have 10 leaf fingers

Looks like some of the pure Zamal pictures I've seen..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tommychong posted a vid of Nicki Minaj puffing without inhaling on IG. Lots of people where making fun of it. I don't listen to her music. Seems allot of people don't like her?. how someone chooses to smoke I don't care. Many where just ignorant how THC/cannabinoids get into the body. I tried to explain how it works but damn are people dumb.

Oral-mucosal Absorption of THC and other cannabinoids through the lining of the mouth and under the tongue – effects are felt throughout the entire body. This is the fastest method of medication.

One of the most efficient ways to absorb THC and other cannabinoids is through the mucosal lining of the mouth. Within the mouth, there are three areas that absorb: the mucosa lining inside the entire mouth, the area under the tongue (sublingual) and the tongue itself. Cannabis products placed under the tongue (sublingually) take effect more quickly than those absorbed through the general mucosal tissue lining the mouth or placed on the tongue itself. With this uptake method, the effects of cannabis should be felt in 15-60 minutes.