What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its not MH. It's CMH. There very different spectrum's. CMH is much better at growing plants. I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't better.

Purple Urkle x Hammers Kush

picture.php

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I got high before I got out of bed today and didn't do shit all day. Im off for 7 days, and my plants need to be trellised right away. I lost a 1/4 pound branch already.

Hey Gano, I use CMH too. My 630 CMH's are dialable down from 720 watts to 380 watts. They work well.

My HP are now just sitting in the closet getting dusty

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I looking at the option of switching my seed rooms lighting. I have two 1000w HPS air cooled hoods right now. I've been thinking about switching it over to four 400w digital quantum ballasts. But I've been wondering if maybe I should get 600w ballast instead of the 400w. I could still run 400w bulbs instead of 600's if I wanted. I haven't looked to see what the price difference is between the 400w and the 600w

Have you considered quantum boards? Hlg are the best on the market and they aren't that expensive when you are buying new lights anyway.
Just a thought.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I looking at the option of switching my seed rooms lighting. I have two 1000w HPS air cooled hoods right now. I've been thinking about switching it over to four 400w digital quantum ballasts. But I've been wondering if maybe I should get 600w ballast instead of the 400w. I could still run 400w bulbs instead of 600's if I wanted. I haven't looked to see what the price difference is between the 400w and the 600w

May as well just get a dimmable 1000 watt. Then you could use 400, 600 or 1000 should the need ever arise. I can’t imagine it would be more than $20 more than I 600.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

going riding today...just need to refill the ro barrel today chore wise...

in spite of not being able to use the cmh lamp i have i can tell you i have seen a garden where 1000w gavitas were replaced with 320w cmh lamps and was still pumping out enough plants to keep the flower rooms full...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yoinks: i see last nights thursday gravel ride had 80+ people participate!

pretty impressive for such a grassroots sort of thing...gets a lot more folks out on their bikes,and of varying ability levels...great to see the cycling community be more inclusive...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
May as well just get a dimmable 1000 watt. Then you could use 400, 600 or 1000 should the need ever arise. I can’t imagine it would be more than $20 more than I 600.

I have enough extra 1000w ballasts (I'd have two more 1k ballasts after the room remodeling), if the need did arise I'd have an extra one or two. The room with the 4 hoods would/will never be run with four 1000w bulbs. So with that said, I think the 1k ballasts would be over kill. I'm also trying to pinch my pennies as much as possible

Have you considered quantum boards? Hlg are the best on the market and they aren't that expensive when you are buying new lights anyway.
Just a thought.

I haven't used any of those yet, nor am I sure how well they'd fit my space. I'd have to try something small before I'd commit to a set up with a room full of LED's. The ballasts and matching bulbs would be the only "new" things. The grow store has a bunch of reflectors that have been traded in, that are the same make&model as most of my other hoods. Then I'll be able to trade in these two 6inch daystar hoods that I don't like, but I've had them for a while now.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
:yoinks: i see last nights thursday gravel ride had 80+ people participate!

pretty impressive for such a grassroots sort of thing...gets a lot more folks out on their bikes,and of varying ability levels...great to see the cycling community be more inclusive...

Are you the one who started the gravel rides?

Thats a good way to meet a woman who loves biking and smoking bud

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Long Valley Royal Kush x Black Lime Reserve ~
View Image

Hammers Kush ~
View Image

GG#4 ~
View Image

Those are some nice tress. Look forward to seeing what HK does.

I have enough extra 1000w ballasts (I'd have two more 1k ballasts after the room remodeling), if the need did arise I'd have an extra one or two. The room with the 4 hoods would/will never be run with four 1000w bulbs. So with that said, I think the 1k ballasts would be over kill. I'm also trying to pinch my pennies as much as possible

I haven't used any of those yet, nor am I sure how well they'd fit my space. I'd have to try something small before I'd commit to a set up with a room full of LED's. The ballasts and matching bulbs would be the only "new" things. The grow store has a bunch of reflectors that have been traded in, that are the same make&model as most of my other hoods. Then I'll be able to trade in these two 6inch daystar hoods that I don't like, but I've had them for a while now.

You can still use old hoods with CMH just depends if there DE/SE. I was using a few old hoods with CMH until I got the new GC hoods. Every pic you've seen me post in the last 3 years has been grown under CMH. Do a little research before you buy. The Hoods are small they will fit anywhere.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you the one who started the gravel rides?

Thats a good way to meet a woman who loves biking and smoking bud

no,my regular ride partner is the one who organizes the rides and does the route planning...i can only go every other week since i have to be here to water the garden every other day...

yeah,i need to start going to the beer drinking part of the ride afterward,it's too hard to hold a conversation during the rides alot of the time...i hate not being able to see in front of me so i usually end up at the front of the pack...

the rides end at brew pubs generally,but i'm too paranoid to leave my bikes unlocked,and i usually don't feel like dragging a u-lock around....and i don't drink anymore so brew pubs aren't my first choice of places to hang out...but i would be nice to have some time to catch up with friends so i will start staying after and hanging...

https://screenshots.firefox.com/AEJMmbIt5PG9CIvP/www.strava.com

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I hate carrying locks too. The times I have is when we went to lunch at McCormicks, and Ghirardeli for dessert after riding up and down the hills in SF, and across the GG bridge and back. The golden Gate bridge doesnt stay still on a windy day. It like sways and shit. Its already scary riding fast, right next to the rail, in serious earthquake country, and seeing the water below. I think they have raised the fence now, due to jumpers

Im taking a 20 minute break, from cloning. Ive taken 10 cuts of OGMango, and 10 cuts of Dubble Banana Mango2. Ive got flocks of little birds on top of the green house playing tag over my head. I yelled at them, and they stopped for about 3 minutes.
Ive got 4 8' fiberglass poles to stake, and 30' of trellis material to spread between them. Gotta get some work done today