What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

you know what makes for a good nights sleep?

an 80 mile bike ride! conked out for 10 hours last night....and i'm pretty sure i have a solid nap left in me!:)

the bbq place is most famous for their green chile cheeseburger which is sort of the iconic new mexico dish...and it's just wrong there...melted velveeta with chopped up chile...in frickin hatch of all places...that's just gross....

not much going on today,gotta go get groceries and do garden chores,but aside from that mostly resting up and recovering from yesterday...that was a tough ride...i knew i was in trouble when i got up there and already wanted to quit,the ride home was pretty painful...i would have kissed the floor in the house when i got back if i had thought i could get back up!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That sounds like a nightmare UNC. I would have never made it even there let alone back. 80 miles. Damn. You are a madman sir!

How do you choose which bike to take on a trip like that? Tire size? Cargo capacity?

Sorry I don't know anything about bikes but it fascinates me for some reason.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds like a nightmare UNC. I would have never made it even there let alone back. 80 miles. Damn. You are a madman sir!

How do you choose which bike to take on a trip like that? Tire size? Cargo capacity?

Sorry I don't know anything about bikes but it fascinates me for some reason.

with 6 bikes i have the luxury of choosing the bike best suited for a particular ride so depending on where i go will determine what conditions i expect and how much stuff i need to bring in terms of water and food and whatnot...

yesterday was basically four 20 mile rides...and it was fairly cool so i knew i could make it on 2 waterbottles with a backup liter of water,and not much food with me since i was stopping to eat once i got up there,and there were enough convenience stores to resupply along the way...the big desert rides i might need to bring more than a gallon of water plus enough food and supplies since theres no place to stop out in the middle of nowhere...

hayday

Veteran
The stragler looked like it was set up nice for road,off road. Nice ride by the way. I especially liked the sneaky goat pic:)
My goal is 50 miles every week for the rest of the year. I missed last week on account of being pissed off , getting stopped by cops and accused of holding weed. That was Monday, I drove my truck the rest of the week.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i can't wait for summer to be over so it's easier to get more miles in...already over 3000 for the year,hoping to hit at least 6000...

ended up doing 140 miles last week...

heck,i ride around with my danglebong on my fanny pack all the time...even had to go through a border patrol checkpoint and the dog was out!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
overcast & rainy on and off kind of day ...

overcast & rainy on and off kind of day ...

a new activity for me ~ I hooked up Jack (my dog) with an 8 foot leash connected to the handlebar of my bicycle ... we went out for a ride & he got his trot on :biggrin: for a change

this is do-able for us (if we keep an easy pace) & he stays off to the side ...i used to do this when i had 2 dogs >> they would pair up instinctively and actually pull me like a sled ...with one dog it's more of a mutual affair now

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Please Get some quality pics for me. Cola Close ups and mid range to show cola size
You can count on it
All of them are good, and large. They will be 8 foot tall any day now.Too tall! And thats after i topped the hell out of them.I have 5 phenos going. I'm going to let 3 of them go after this grow. The 2 I like best are the mango pheno, and the concord grape cuts. Those plants are the largest
The mango pheno is the strongest. Smoking the flower is pretty close to smoking rosin. 1-2 hits and you are lit

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So last night I smelt smoke and thought my neighbor was burning again. I closed the window a little peeved.

This evening I could look straight at the sun. It is a orange color and really weird looking. Well I got talking to my neighbor and he said the weather showed a trail of smoke going across the state from the fires in Canada and out west.

So could you guys get it under control? It is hazy as hell here guys.

packerfan79

Veteran
So last night I smelt smoke and thought my neighbor was burning again. I closed the window a little peeved.

This evening I could look straight at the sun. It is a orange color and really weird looking. Well I got talking to my neighbor and he said the weather showed a trail of smoke going across the state from the fires in Canada and out west.

So could you guys get it under control? It is hazy as hell here guys.

Try being 25 miles from 3 fires.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have been waking up all congested lately from what we are getting. I can only imagine being that close. The air here looks all hazy and dirty like the air I saw when I was around the LA area.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Does anybody know anything about dudding? Starting to seeing classic signs of duds lately. Sucks. Lost 3 plants recently to it. They make it all the way thru the grow cycle, but they end up with no smell and basically hay. Doesn’t effect every plant. Sometimes it only effects one branch/cola. It’s starting to become a problem and it’s making me a little stressed.

I read alot of the dud threads on here but as usual, most of it is a dick swinging contest! Lol. Some ppl just love to argue.

packerfan79

Veteran
Does anybody know anything about dudding? Starting to seeing classic signs of duds lately. Sucks. Lost 3 plants recently to it. They make it all the way thru the grow cycle, but they end up with no smell and basically hay. Doesn’t effect every plant. Sometimes it only effects one branch/cola. It’s starting to become a problem and it’s making me a little stressed.

I read alot of the dud threads on here but as usual, most of it is a dick swinging contest! Lol. Some ppl just love to argue.

Is it all 1 strain?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

I had it and it sucks. I was loosing 50 to 70% of each run.

Signs that I had were hard to clone, branches snapping at the stem and hanging down like a pine tree branch, no smell or very little smell, and no tricombs.

It seems to me to be a root issue. I say this because it went threw my grow after I dipped all my plant in the same water solution to treat for fungus gnats. This is what I believe it to be.

I treated for insects. I used abiowar root pack and sprayed with that. I also sprayed with Forbid and Floramite. I also used Kontos on the roots.

I was reusing my coco over and over up till that point. After I guesses it was in the roots I used new coco. I also killed all the affected plants and started tracking all the clones so if a plant went into flower I could cull all the clones from that parent plant.

From what I understand most people could not get any clones but I did.

Basically you need to start tracking all your plants and clean constantly. Also get rid of any insects that could transfer the dudding.

It cost me a lot. I had to shut down my flower and remove any large plants. It was a pain in the ass and I lost about a year till I could figure out what was going on. Hopefully you dont loose that much. Wish you luck.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I had it and it sucks. I was loosing 50 to 70% of each run.

Signs that I had were hard to clone, branches snapping at the stem and hanging down like a pine tree branch, no smell or very little smell, and no tricombs.

It seems to me to be a root issue. I say this because it went threw my grow after I dipped all my plant in the same water solution to treat for fungus gnats. This is what I believe it to be.

I treated for insects. I used abiowar root pack and sprayed with that. I also sprayed with Forbid and Floramite. I also used Kontos on the roots.

I was reusing my coco over and over up till that point. After I guesses it was in the roots I used new coco. I also killed all the affected plants and started tracking all the clones so if a plant went into flower I could cull all the clones from that parent plant.

From what I understand most people could not get any clones but I did.

Basically you need to start tracking all your plants and clean constantly. Also get rid of any insects that could transfer the dudding.

It cost me a lot. I had to shut down my flower and remove any large plants. It was a pain in the ass and I lost about a year till I could figure out what was going on. Hopefully you dont loose that much. Wish you luck.

Yeah, sounds like the same thing. I use Happy Frog soil but never reuse it. I run a clean setup too...always washing everything using bleach and soap, and washing my hands constantly, especially going from one area to another.

I think I’m gonna try and order some chitosan and keep my fingers crossed. :dunno: Atleast now I know why I’ve been having such a hard time cloning! Looking back on it, I’ve been fighting this since the beginning of the year and it is slowly taking over. FTW

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sounds like the same crap that was happening to me vp, temps were too high and I was in stupid promix

My temps are in the 70s. I’ve never had high temps. From doing all the reading I can on it, most ppl keep saying it is stem nematodes. :dunno: I ran into a few stories of ppl using chitosan (which supposedly heightens the plants defense system) and even over a year later, never had a dud again.

Back at the beginning of the year, I took some cuts from someone who keeps using the same soil in beds. I’m thinking that might be where I got the funk but who really knows.

Between the russets I acquired and beat back in October and now this.... Never had problems for 12 years growing until I started taking in cuts. Gotta give a little to take a little, I guess! :biglaugh:

Either way, I guess I’m fighting the good fight!

Latest posts

Latest posts