What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Is it all 1 strain?

It’s multiple strains. Strains I’ve been running for years just started doing it. Some strains I found from seed myself.

About to head over to the grow. I’ll take some pics of the wwk that’s a couple weeks in bloom that is completely dudding out. She is a very resilient lady too. She usually laughs at stuff that effects others. That’s how I knew I now have a problem.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Between the russets I acquired and beat back in October and now this.... Never had problems for 12 years growing until I started taking in cuts. Gotta give a little to take a little, I guess! :biglaugh:

Either way, I guess I’m fighting the good fight!

I got Russets earlier this year and got rid of them.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yeah, sounds like the same thing. I use Happy Frog soil but never reuse it. I run a clean setup too...always washing everything using bleach and soap, and washing my hands constantly, especially going from one area to another.

I think I’m gonna try and order some chitosan and keep my fingers crossed. :dunno: Atleast now I know why I’ve been having such a hard time cloning! Looking back on it, I’ve been fighting this since the beginning of the year and it is slowly taking over. FTW

I tried chitosan and it didnt seem to work for me. I still had problems 8 to 10 month later.

It slowly took over my grow as well. I got it in a cut of GG4 from Bobblehead. I think he got it from Sunshineunlimited. But not 100% sure on where he got it.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
My temps are in the 70s. I’ve never had high temps. From doing all the reading I can on it, most ppl keep saying it is stem nematodes. :dunno: I ran into a few stories of ppl using chitosan (which supposedly heightens the plants defense system) and even over a year later, never had a dud again.

Back at the beginning of the year, I took some cuts from someone who keeps using the same soil in beds. I’m thinking that might be where I got the funk but who really knows.

Between the russets I acquired and beat back in October and now this.... Never had problems for 12 years growing until I started taking in cuts. Gotta give a little to take a little, I guess! :biglaugh:

Been having the same issue with dudding and shitty plants. After I took in all those plants from StarCrash I got from Dans, Ive had nothing but issues. I need to start from scratch and get new clones.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Speaking of duds the plant I was really worried about not bouncing back is making a nice recovery. The other two have already had cutting taken from them.

OGDW, curious if you think your plants are in such bad shape that you need to start over.....does that mean you think any cuttings you have recently taken may be effected and may have issues? Or not? Namely the ones you plan on vending at gene traders? They look nice.

Interesting that a breeder I follow on IG spends the time and extra money to do yearly tests on any genetics held in house to breed with for a variety of issues including such things as Tobacco Mosiac Virus. I though that extra effort was pretty cool.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Any of you have any quantum 1000w ballast? And run hortilux super HPS bulbs?

The 2 digital 1000w ballast that I have are the purple lumitec ballast. Even though the hortilux bulbs say that they are compatible with digital ballasts, they pop/blow them up/burn them out. I have no issues with a magnetic 1000w ballast and the hortilux bulbs.

I'm looking at the the prospect of replacing them with new 1000w Quantum ballast if they don't blow up/burn out the hortilux bulbs.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any of you have any quantum 1000w ballast? And run hortilux super HPS bulbs?

The 2 digital 1000w ballast that I have are the purple lumitec ballast. Even though the hortilux bulbs say that they are compatible with digital ballasts, they pop/blow them up/burn them out. I have no issues with a magnetic 1000w ballast and the hortilux bulbs.

I'm looking at the the prospect of replacing them with new 1000w Quantum ballast if they don't blow up/burn out the hortilux bulbs.

i have 3 quantum nano ballast,no issues to report with hortilux bulbs either hps or halide...

its the purple lumitek ballast that suck...

packerfan79

Veteran
The only ballast I have ever had a problem with were the badass ballast from advanced. I went through 3 before I got one that lasted longer than a week. I have had quantums, galaxies, and nanos.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I've had a couple Ipower 1000 watt ballasts shit the bed. Granted they were both 3-4 years old, and had a lot of hours on them. But , you get what you pay for. And I could only afford the cheapest option.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My temps are in the 70s. I’ve never had high temps. From doing all the reading I can on it, most ppl keep saying it is stem nematodes. :dunno: I ran into a few stories of ppl using chitosan (which supposedly heightens the plants defense system) and even over a year later, never had a dud again.

Back at the beginning of the year, I took some cuts from someone who keeps using the same soil in beds. I’m thinking that might be where I got the funk but who really knows.

Chitosan is not a cure it's a preventative. It's used to boost the defensive ability of plants in fighting fungal infections. If the infection is already present or bad its not gonna do anything. I've used it for years. Never had a dud in my garden even on cuts that have dudded in other gardens.

Been having the same issue with dudding and shitty plants. After I took in all those plants from StarCrash I got from Dans, Ive had nothing but issues. I need to start from scratch and get new clones.

I have got plenty of cuts from Brother DB, never had 1 issue with any of them.

Last edited:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I have got plenty of cuts from Brother DB, never had 1 issue with any of them.

I can vouch for that too Hammer.

Remember folks...anytime one shares the incoming genetics should be quarantined from everything else including any houseplants or rooms where pets traffic until proven healthy.

My last battle came from the outdoor veggie garden.....and me slacking after working in it. Damn that was a lot of extra work that prevention could have saved.

You have always ran a tight preventative program Hammer....everyone should strive for the same

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran

Hey I forgot to ask earlier...any specific genetics shared if I may ask? Just wanna make sure so I can be on the lookout

packerfan79

Veteran
The dreaded fight, who passed the bugs around. I quit taking clones and have only broke the rule twice. Both times something popped up. The PM clones got killed. The mendobreath clones got spinosad for thrips. They popped up again right before my second flower with her. That was when I got shutdown. Now, again I am just running seeds. For fun mainly.

I hope you guys get the duding problem figured out. Tissue culture may be a possibility, if you have unaffected areas on the plants.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’m kinda leaning towards getting this from a bad batch of Happy Frog soil. I haven’t taken in any clones for 5 or 6 months. Who knows though. I ordered some chitosan, so I’m hoping for the best.

Hammer, at what rate do you use chitosan at. I’ve read anywhere between .5 to 1 tsp/gal...all the way up to 1tbs/gal....using it as a soil drench.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here’s pics of a KarmaRado that I’m harvesting tomorrow. The plant turned out ok except for one cola.

First two pics are ok

picture.php
picture.php

Pic of dudded cola off of same plant

picture.php

Same with a GG4 at week 9

picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts