What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

90s (Super) Skunk

BerryManilow

"Roadkill" skunk clones fully rooted and exploding in <2 weeks. 100% success. Crazy vigor.
Rk cups.jpg

Piff_cat

A friend gifted me a couple of Ultra Skunk cuts many years sgo.I grew them out and they looked very similar to the pictures you posted ^^
Didn't like It much tbh...small rounded hard buds that smelled kinda dogshit imo...made me remember Cheech & Chong...labrador shit...I had to laugh!
Didn't Nevil say that afghan S was the mother of Ultra Skunk? :)
In one quote he refers to ultra skunk and super skunk having afghanT for mom implying either ultra/super name were interchangeable
or he meant ultra skunk was a further line breed originating from original super skunk f1 afghanT x sk18.5

cbotany

Veteran
We used to have skunk in va... I can't vouch for them...but my buddy does, Dominion has seeds for the "local skunk" , the loud skunk that would have long hairs and turn you into an involet I haven't personally seen it locally lately. There was alot of crackdowns around weed here in the past few years on the more "commercial side" I have a plant now that smells like RKS on reveged growth, but you have to let it way go past harvest almost to the point of the plant naturally dieing to get it. The flower when I harvested it did not smell like how it did after reveg. I love hortilabs super skunk x diesel and that used a 1990's breeder skunk that floated around for awhile. I don't know if this helps any of you guys out at all, but cheers!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In one quote he refers to ultra skunk and super skunk having afghanT for mom implying either ultra/super name were interchangeable
or he meant ultra skunk was a further line breed originating from original super skunk f1 afghanT x sk18.5
You're right (y) Thx!

"The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC."

Skunkyj88

IMG_0156.png

She should be stinking already the size of that plant,if that's 90s ssk the minute u brush past her ur room should be reeking of it,does look the part tho,76
Here is the rks aka skunkbud cut thats been tightly held in far eastern ky southern wv and southern oh it was bred noodle hayes and spread by the outlaw mc she is only held by myself and Daz NightOwl as of right now im gonna do my best to get her spread out to the community so she doesn’t go extinct I’ve already had a close call on that happening but thankfully i had her backed up by a stand up dude! And also she is extremely hard to keep healthy this pic is from daz and im blown away by how healthy he has kept her! I really hope you find skunk in your superskunk and supposed rks cut but u should absolutely be smelling dead skunk right now and when u take cuts u should really get really intense aromas coming from the snips and the rks should leave thick black resin on your razor blades that dull them on the first cut!

Skunkyj88

View attachment 19028875

Here is the rks aka skunkbud cut thats been tightly held in far eastern ky southern wv and southern oh it was bred noodle hayes and spread by the outlaw mc she is only held by myself and Daz NightOwl as of right now im gonna do my best to get her spread out to the community so she doesn’t go extinct I’ve already had a close call on that happening but thankfully i had her backed up by a stand up dude! And also she is extremely hard to keep healthy this pic is from daz and im blown away by how healthy he has kept her! I really hope you find skunk in your superskunk and supposed rks cut but u should absolutely be smelling dead skunk right now and when u take cuts u should really get really intense aromas coming from the snips and the rks should leave thick black resin on your razor blades that dull them on the first cut!
And also i have to use scrubbers for just 4 6 inch clones the real rks is loud loud and you should smell skunk through the entire grow

Skunkyj88

Also one more thing for the skunk lovers and hunters it may be beneficial to look into a old line from Oregon called oregon skunk bud aka northern berry it absolutely has skunkspray terps that hold after cure its an old skunk line from the 70s but its surprisingly legit and looks similar to my cut i wouldnt be surprised if noodles old skunk line came from Oregon and he just worked it with that special meigs county into it

BerryManilow

View attachment 19028875

That looks like the skunk bud plant I saw growing back in the late 80s/early 90s in the north east. Have only seen 2 other plants like it anywhere online.

Appreciate you wanting to share it with the community. I'd be down to trade skunks so we have them around and not lost to time like so many other strains.

This Super Skunk cut has a live skunk spray/piss smell from the clones to the plant.The rk cut has overpowering dead skunk and reeks every step of the way. I think this cut is an older sativa rks and yours is the indica rks but hard to say for sure. This is my first time flowering them but they have many telltale signs of the old skunks.

Skunkyj88

Also one more thing for the skunk lovers and hunters it may be beneficial to look into a old line from Oregon called oregon skunk bud aka northern berry it absolutely has skunkspray terps that hold after cure its an old skunk line from the 70s but its surprisingly legit and looks similar to my cut i wouldnt be surprised if noodles old skunk line came from Oregon and he just worked it with that special meigs county into it

That looks like the skunk bud plant I saw growing back in the late 80s/early 90s in the north east. Have only seen 2 other plants like it anywhere online.

Appreciate you wanting to share it with the community. I'd be down to trade skunks so we have them around and not lost to time like so many other strains.

This Super Skunk cut has a live skunk spray/piss smell from the clones to the plant.The rk cut has overpowering dead skunk and reeks every step of the way. I think this cut is an older sativa rks and yours is the indica rks but hard to say for sure. This is my first time flowering them but they have many telltale signs of the old skunks.
My cut only looks wld in veg soon as u flip to flower she starts looking more sativa its the strangest thing and to me shes the goat as far as flavor and nose goes but her potency isnt to high but her buzz is so unique its a happy giggley head and body buzz if u ever had 90s skunkbud u know what i mean but she is a an absolute bitch to grow she throws the thiols and terps no matter what but the healthier she is the stronger the nose but shes hard to keep healthy and green for me and if rootbound she will herm but usually sterile pollen and leds make her really hard to keep green but daz has done amazing job especially it being indoors i call him the skunk whisperer and i have no problem tradeing skunk cuts with you but you will have to wait until i get my mothers big enough to take cuts from again! Right now i just have 4 small mother cuts rooted that im babying and one of them i owe to freind on here

Piff_cat

Here's very interesting Kentucky skunk plants from wadarasta on Instagram. Has a lot of micro RNA mutations resulting in extra leaf blades, petiole bud self topping etc
. These mutations also common in Mexican and Colombian sativa's so appears to be sativa side of skunk.
Screenshot_20231230-153436.png
Screenshot_20240708-070828.png
Screenshot_20240708-070901.png
Screenshot_20240708-070910.png
Screenshot_20240708-071039.png
Screenshot_20240708-070714.png

Also the local Kentucky types are influenced from the seed hemp production types brought into USA from yarkand xinjiang 1800s.

This area of northwest China is a diversity hot spot for seived hashplants types. Yarkand is located north of Kashmir many modern hybrids link back to xinjiang area. Real seed Co did a good right up on these types.
Screenshot_20240708-070035.png
Screenshot_20240708-070231.png
Screenshot_20240708-070251.png

Xinjiang/yarkand share profile types with the maple leaf afghan and when afghanT was put to skunk1 these lost relatives would form throwback phenotypes known as transgressive segregation.

BerryManilow

Here's very interesting Kentucky skunk plants from wadarasta on Instagram. Has a lot of micro RNA mutations resulting in extra leaf blades, petiole bud self topping etc
. These mutations also common in Mexican and Colombian sativa's so appears to be sativa side of skunk.
View attachment 19029228 View attachment 19029230 View attachment 19029231 View attachment 19029232 View attachment 19029233 View attachment 19029234
Also the local Kentucky types are influenced from the seed hemp production types brought into USA from yarkand xinjiang 1800s.

This area of northwest China is a diversity hot spot for seived hashplants types. Yarkand is located north of Kashmir many modern hybrids link back to xinjiang area. Real seed Co did a good right up on these types.
View attachment 19029225 View attachment 19029226 View attachment 19029227
Xinjiang/yarkand share profile types with the maple leaf afghan and when afghanT was put to skunk1 these lost relatives would form throwback phenotypes known as transgressive segregation.
Very cool info. Was just talking about the leaf mutations on skunks. This Super Skunk has the very thin leaves with the extra reverse leaflet, and looks like the older skunks.

SS leaf 2.jpg

SS leaf.jpg
Xlf.jpg