What's new

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

right

You confuse neo-libs with the Left, and that says a lot.

I am old-school, gun-toting, farming, freak-flag-flying Left. I am absolutely not a neo-lib, Wall St.'s and Israel's dick sucking Dem, or the like.
Well if this is true I can respect alot of your point of view. I used to be a hard core dem .
But this is not your father's democratic party

moose eater

Somebody has to drill for oil . Like it or not it is unavoidable we do it alot cleaner than the competition.
Corruption and bribes are also a dem thing.
But not voting is not the answer. We need to consider the lesser of two evils.
Come up with a series alternative, that has any real chance of winning
You didn't read what I wrote about the nine legislators convicted here, did you.

If corruption and bribe taking are a Dem thing, then how did nine Rs end up convicted here for those very crimes?

right

Because the dems make there $$$off of Chinese green energy.
Like how Obama invested in electric cars, and then set the emissions standards 20 years into the future. Tanking the competition

moose eater

Because the dems make there $$$off of Chinese green energy.
Like how Obama invested in electric cars, and then set the emissions standards 20 years into the future. Tanking the competition
Which has what, exactly, to do with the fact that R's have been busted (and convicted) for bribery and money laundering, as well as misuse of campaign funds in numerous places?

right

Sadly 90% of America's electric is produced by burning coal . The dirtiest fossil fuel.
You are plugging your electric cars into the coal plant. Not even considering the unbreakable law of conservation of energy.

moose eater

Sadly 90% of America's electric is produced by burning coal . The dirtiest fossil fuel.
You are plugging your electric cars into the coal plant. Not even considering the unbreakable law of conservation of energy.
You skipped the more pertinent question.

And as we speak, alternatives to coal are being pursued, even up here in podunk Interior Alaska. Where coal provides the lion's share of our electricity, but we have an inter-tie to South Central that merges power output, etc.

And once upon a time, I hauled and burned coal in my wood stoves to augment the wood or picked up beach cola after a rough sea in both Homer Alaska and the beaches south of Kodiak Alaska.

Glad I don't, anymore, as wood was incredibly messy and back-breaking work and coal stinks and stains.

I found that building a warmer house (which requires mostly Visqueen and insulation; two of the cheapest aspects of a home-building project) was a smarter move.

How many of those people, many of them Rs, bitching about reliance on foreign oil (while the US is leading the world at the moment in oil production, by the way) bothered to invest that pittance into a vapor barriers, Tremco, vapor barrier tape, and/or insulation?

That maneuver and choice alone would minimize energy consumption in this Nation -dramatically-, whether holding in the cool AC air in Arizona, or holding the heat in in Alaska.

moose eater

The dems are also guilty of corruption and bribery
Where did I say they weren't?

Perhaps your knee-jerk partisanism missed where I explained why the Rs were the ones bribed in Alaska over oil revenues?

I can also tell you the names of past D leadership here who were on the tit of Big Oil. But they weren't the ones with their hands out when the feds stepped in. Because they were in the minority and thereby didn't get caught with their pants down.

I can probably type everything twice, as I need the practice as a high-speed hunt and peck kind of' guy, but I'd rather not have to.

right

You skipped the more pertinent question.

And as we speak, alternatives to coal are being pursued, even up here in podunk Interior Alaska. Where coal provides the lion's share of our electricity, but we have an inter-tie to South Central that merges power output, etc.

And once upon a time, I hauled and burned coal in my wood stoves to augment the wood or picked up beach cola after a rough sea in both Homer Alaska and the beaches south of Kodiak Alaska.

Glad I don't, anymore, as wood was incredibly messy and back-breaking work and coal stinks and stains.

I found that building a warmer house (which requires mostly Visqueen and insulation; two of the cheapest aspects of a home-building project) was a smarter move.

How many of those people, many of them Rs, bitching about reliance on foreign oil (while the US is leading the world at the moment in oil production, by the way) bothered to invest that pittance into a vapor barriers, Tremco, vapor barrier tape, and/or insulation?

That maneuver and choice alone would minimize energy consumption in this Nation -dramatically-, whether holding in the cool AC air in Arizona, or holding the heat in in Alaska.
The alternatives aren't there .I'm all for alternatives and we need to transition into them gradually.

moose eater

The alternatives aren't there .I'm all for alternatives and we need to transition into them gradually.
They are being developed, but every time I read your posts about them, they're largely filled with a negativity from which none of that development will come.

Have you seen the Wright Bros. early efforts at constructing aircraft? A far cry from what planes are today.

right

We have the ability to produce all off the oil and lead the market on exports now.
My friends in the oilfields are loosing there jobs

moose eater

We have the ability to produce all off the oil and lead the market on exports now.
My friends in the oilfields are loosing there jobs
You're aware that fracking is/produces 'dirty oil' that requires far more frequent drilling to keep the same original source flowing? Or that oil wells run dry? especially shallow wells in limited basins?

I've done oil activism here for decades.

right

And also consider A.I.
The dems also support that ,and A.I. will take
an unending and exponential amount of energy. The green new deal is a Democrat $$$maker. Just follow the money

moose eater

And also consider A.I.
The dems also support that ,and A.I. will take
an unending and exponential amount of energy. The green new deal is a Democrat $$$maker. Just follow the money
No R's support artificial intelligence? I mean, the Trumpers have to find brainpower some damned place!! Give 'em a break, for fucks' sake!!

right

You're aware that fracking is/produces 'dirty oil' that requires far more frequent drilling to keep the same original source flowing? Or that oil wells run dry? especially shallow wells in limited basins?

I've done oil activism here for decades.
What cha gonna do? The alternative just isn't there yet .
Punishment of the American people?
Nothing short of a war with China will stop fossil fuel.
The real threat to the environment is the democrats unending war. Imagine what nuclear war would do to the environment

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All Politicians have skeletons in their closets. To be successful they can't get caught. Trump has no clue and commits crimes out in the open and plays the projection game. The DOJ has no choice due to his stupidity and arrogance. He did it to himself. His EGO has/will cost him everything.

moose eater

What cha gonna do? The alternative just isn't there yet .
Punishment of the American people?
Nothing short of a war with China will stop fossil fuel.
The real threat to the environment is the democrats unending war. Imagine what nuclear war would do to the environment
Again, nearly every time someone posts about investments or projects into alternatives, you post about how it can't/won't work. As though if it's not developed and delivered in a 100% effective, no glitches manner, then it's no good.

You either want to develop those sources and techs that need to come, or you don't.

But you seem so caught up in making everything a partisan issue, whether it is or not.

Do you get out of bed in the morning wearing a Trump hat and a partisan team jersey?