What's new

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

xtsho

And prospective heads of state, like a Presidential candidate, wouldn't share similar positions or interests in meeting?

If you'd read the articles, Stein had no idea Putin was arriving or with whom, per the majority of the articles that actually took the time to interview her.

And you know that. (or should).

She said whatever she needed to say. I don't trust anything she says nor do In trust anything trump or Harris say.

They all say whatever they need to. You know that.

right

A small minority of Americans were slave owners. The majority did not own slaves and were against the barbaric enslavement of others. Have you heard of the Civil War?
*Regarding this quote...
The majority of Americans immigrated after the abolition of slavery. We have nothing to do with it, and neither do most of our ancestors

greyfader

these three short videos were from the helsinki commission meeting held this last week. i think they are directly related to the upcoming presidential election because they help explain why we should be supporting ukraine and not russia in this conflict.

moose eater

She said whatever she needed to say. I don't trust anything she says nor do In trust anything trump or Harris say.

They all say whatever they need to. You know that.
No, I don't know that about Jill Stein.

I do know that about Harris, Biden, Trump, and a thousand other stuffed shirts with no soul..

moose eater

smearing the one person perceived as a direct threat to their economic interest and imperialist world order, OR, she's a secret russian?

i'll take the former
Anyone who listened to the DN broadcast with Stein knows that she is currently potentially leading Harris in three battleground states, and most of that is because of her lips being so tightly attached to Bibi's political power represented by AIPAC and not backing away from or even being a little bit bashful about implicating our Nation in war crimes, just as Joe did.

"Actions have consequences." Sometimes even for stuffed-shirt politicians.

Last edited:

moose eater

Seems they do more directly with the military what we achieve by installing despots and paying them what amounts to bribes through 'foreign aid' in bringing countries that are not ours into line with our policies, regardless of how abusive and totalitarian the regimes/despots might be, but nearly always including preferential treatment for those corporations with close relationships to the US Government.

Pinochet, Baby Doc, Samosa, the Shaw of Iran, even Sadam was initially a CIA errand boy back in the 1950s and forward.

Same boundary-challenged shit show, but different methods.

RobFromTX

She checks all the boxes that make her look like a champion of the people. She really makes an effort to talk about the Reparations nonsense.

Some of my ancestors were slaves. I would benefit from reparations. Yet I find the idea completely ludicrous. Why should people that were never slaves get money from people that were never slave owners? It's pure stupidity.
Amen to that and its exactly what it is, fucking nonsense. I know a world of white and hispanics that grew up in dirt poor conditions that would love to put their hands in that sugar bowl

Not to mention the fact that very few white people back in the bad old days could afford to be slave owners. A vast majority were struggling to survive like most did. But don't say that in public

Last edited:

moose eater

Amen to that and its exactly what it is, fucking nonsense. I know a world of white and hispanics that grew up in dirt poor conditions that would love to put their hands in that sugar bowl
How many of them were kidnapped from their homelands, brought across the ocean and sold as property for which it wasn't illegal to kill or lynch them?

RobFromTX

How many of them were kidnapped from their homelands, brought across the ocean and sold as property for which it wasn't illegal to kill or lynch them?
None that Im personally acquainted with. And unless you're a time traveler you're not either. Social disparity is much bigger than race in this country. It always has been

moose eater

None that Im personally acquainted with. And unless you're a time traveler you're not either. Social disparity is much bigger than race in this country. It always has been
Never implied I was eligible, and my ancestors suffered plenty of abuse, just not those specific abuses.

The reparations being referenced would be for descendants of those SLAVES (not indentured servants) who were kidnapped in their homelands, brought across the oceans, and then sold as property to be abused as their owner saw fit.

None of the people you described fit those criteria, and the reparations are not just simply because life's been tough. It's not about a whiny "I got an owie too!!" The reparations would be for those specific groups of people who are descendants of those who meet the criteria referenced.

RobFromTX

The reparations would be for those specific groups of people who are descendants of those who meet the criteria referenced.
Oh sure that would be the intention and it sounds so good on paper, but anybody black who didn't qualify would be screaming prejudism. It would create a deep pocket. And more importantly it would create a world of racial tension this country has never seen before. No thanks. We have enough of that already

moose eater

Oh sure that would be the intention and it sounds so good on paper, but anybody black who didn't qualify would be screaming prejudism. It would create a deep pocket. And more importantly it would create a world of racial tension this country has never seen before. No thanks. We have enough of that already
Plenty of people crying who aren't Black. In this thread, even.

Class action settlements or awards are pretty clear in how they work. Prove membership to the class the settlement applies to, show the lineage in some provable fashion, gain eligibility.

Crying doesn't count for much.... not even a cup of coffee.

It's about slavery.

moose eater

I wonder how people on this thread would react if descendants of the holocaust victims wanted reparations:unsure:
The US was not directly involved in the perpetration of the Holocaust. The US WAS directly involved in the perpetration of slavery.

In order to be accountable, causality and culpability not only matters, but needs to be proven, just like in any court case or other instance of compensation for wrongs or wrongdoing.

Your comparison is one of apples and peanuts, not apples and apples..

Edit: If the US was responsible for perpetrating the Holocaust, I'd say the descendants and any survivors would be entitled to pursue compensation. But at this time, I'd say they'd need to seek that from Germany, as well as any governments that collaborated with Germany in that regard.

By the way, I'm involved in at least the third class action I've been in that I can recall currently, and maybe more. The plaintiff team usually finds me and sends me a notice that I'm a part of the class or group. I don't go looking for them.

If you agree to take part, you also are typically agreeing to accept whatever amount (often a pittance) is to be divided among those who are in the class. Attorney awards for costs typically dwarf the awards to those who were wronged.

This would likely be fairly different with the awards being discussed above.

Most of the classes I've been party to the awards of have been the result of corporate entities violating my (and others) privacy rights where e-data is concerned.

Last edited: