What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Hiddenjems

So we're at one vote for Santa.

I suppose that's off topic...

Sorry.

Uh... I've never kenneled a dog.
I’m not one of those vicious anti-cage/kennel people. I just don’t use them myself. I have seen dogs that like to chill in their kennel/cage.

I fully integrate them with the family. I had a pitbull for years that slept with the kids. Try and go into that room while they’re sleeping and it’s not good. I had to trick him out of the room and close the door to wake them up.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I’m not one of those vicious anti-cage/kennel people. I just don’t use them myself. I have seen dogs that like to chill in their kennel/cage.

I fully integrate them with the family. I had a pitbull for years that slept with the kids. Try and go into that room while they’re sleeping and it’s not good. I had to trick him out of the room and close the door to wake them up.

I am not against kennels.

I just don't use them.

It's a choice.

There's no hard and fast rule either way.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Any bets on the debate?

I have a feeling that Trump doesn't have it as easy as he did last time.

I really don't like Kamala and feel just as cheated as Bernie because there wasn't a real nomination from the DNC.

But there's no way I would want Trump instead.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay, so I went down the dog crate rabbit hole a tiny bit. I have never used a crate for any of my numerous, respectfully well trained dogs, ranging from hounds to Great Dane X Mastiffs to Jack Russells. I have friends who use this 'crate training' and all power to them. When I lived on the open range, I guess you'd say my dog's crate was a perfectly sculpted hole in the ground or snow at the door to my cabin. To entice him into a crate would have been not only ridiculous but I could not afford a crate anyway. On the farm/forest with upwards of 6 dogs, trying to get crates for all would have been an exercise in stupidity. Two big dogs, I let in at night and they sprawled or curled where they wanted and usually slept at the foot of my bed when I went to bed.

At the same time as having my 2 Dane crosses, I found that I needed a service dog. There was a 2 year waiting list and a multi-thousand dollar cost involved so I got a 4 month old Jack Russell to train myself. The first leap was to teach her to pick stuff up. I did this sitting in a chair, dropping a pill bottle lid on the floor, saying 'oops', placing it in her mouth, saying 'pick it up', holding it in her mouth and placing her paws on my leg or edge of chair, taking it from her and praising her excessively. No treats were involved. She caught on to this in a week. She would pick up everything she could, that somebody dropped, especially if they said, oops. To me vocabulary is the important part of training a dog. I speak to all my dogs in actual sentences; I teach them ears, eyes, nose, toes, etc. This Jack Russell acquired an enormous vocabulary, knowing spoon, fork, knife, spatula, dish (dog type), cloth, towel, sock, shirt, remote...on and on. She learned also to pull my socks off, help get my laundry together, empty the dryer, fetch the TV remote, hunt down shotgun shells hidden in a sock (this was a game we played) and other dog tricks, etc. When I fell and broke my hip while feeding the fire she knocked the cordless phone from the cradle to bring to me and I phoned my friend for help. She had not been taught this; she just understood the words. She dug my keys out of the snow more than once.

I never considered crate training her as we worked almost as a single unit, plus lugging around a crate on our numerous travels would have been an extra burden. She traveled with me by air but hated flying. After she died I got and trained another JR, sitting beside me right now.

My conclusion about crate training is that it seems to suit some people to dog relationships and methods but to me, it seems a little 'jail and jailer'. I could easily be wrong. I don't really subscribe to the boss/Alpha to servant/pack method/relationship. In looking on Youtube all the videos concerning crate training 'service dogs' did not even show a single service dog activity.

right

May i ask what does project 2025 has to do with the price of rice in China?
I understand that Trump has nothing to do with it .I've heard people say that he must be involved because he is a lier.
I'm interested in any factual information tying him to it

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
May i ask what does project 2025 has to do with the price of rice in China?
I understand that Trump has nothing to do with it .I've heard people say that he must be involved because he is a lier.
I'm interested in any factual information tying him to it

Get ready for a new understanding.

right

The lesser evil

20240910_093200.jpg

right

From what I read former Trump staff are involved. It would take a pretty large leap to put the two together.