What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

right

Here's a kennel I'm building right now.
20240910_094821.jpg

right

Let me read the project 2025 thread over more thoroughly guys . My ol' lady hasn't woken up yet and I haven't had any coffee yet

right

So far the only evidence presented in the thread is what Mr Mustard posted about, the project 2025 website claiming that Trump looked to them for guidance.
This is also not damning as a far right website would stamp trumps approval for validation.
I must read more before I reach any conclusions

buzzmobile

Veteran
Comrade word salad has been hiding because she is a great speaker

The following quote is from a great "he" speaker:

“Well I would do that, and we’re sitting down, and you know I was somebody — we had Senator Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about — that because — the — child care is child care, couldn’t, you know, it’s something, you have to have it, in this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about including child care that it’s going to take care — we’re gonna have, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time. Coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country because I have to stay with child care, I want to stay with child care — but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s relatively speaking not very expensive compared to the kinds of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people. And then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people. But we are going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about make America great again. We have to do it because right now we are a failing nation. So we’ll take care of it.”

Pass the salad dressing @right, please.

right

The following quote is from a great "he" speaker:

“Well I would do that, and we’re sitting down, and you know I was somebody — we had Senator Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about — that because — the — child care is child care, couldn’t, you know, it’s something, you have to have it, in this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about including child care that it’s going to take care — we’re gonna have, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time. Coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country because I have to stay with child care, I want to stay with child care — but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s relatively speaking not very expensive compared to the kinds of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people. And then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people. But we are going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about make America great again. We have to do it because right now we are a failing nation. So we’ll take care of it.”

Pass the salad dressing @right, please.
Is that Trump. Fair enough word salad hahaha

right

I don't care who you vote for folks ,but get out there and be part of the process. Don't be tragically hip.

John Denver and Mama Cass

moose eater

Yep, but the partisans and tunnel-visioners can't really see that.

And over time, nearly all forms of government turn toward some semblance of totalitarianism. Dealing with individual freedoms become messy for the 'servants' and they wish to have fewer headaches while still collecting their pay.

We're on the downslope, and folks are arguing about who will do what for whom, while on one hand noting that Congress has to approve most stuff (except military actions these days, of course, laws and Constitution be damned, apparently) and yet they're simultaneously terrified of what will happen if Brand X achieves power. Like the last time or the time before that killed us all, and we simply didn't notice it yet.

Of course, that's been complicated with bizarre rulings like the presidential immunity case now, but....

And they'll argue all day and night long about a list of choices largely given to them and limited by the Oligarchy that actually pulls too many of the strings involved, and somehow claim to have been given a real choice.

Talk about a 'disconnect'.

------------------------------------

By the way, for those who either missed it or skirted the issue altogether, the conflict over crating or kenneling had very little to do with that subject, and a lot more to do with behavioral nonsense that has gone on for too fucking long.

And, microbeman, just to clarify and echo the writing I posted on the barely/not relative subject, the crate doors are most often left open as a safe place the dog can feel secure either in times of stress, tiredness, etc. Ours retreat to their kennels frequently, especially the puppy, and that's their 'happy place' much of the time.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And, microbeman, just to clarify and echo the writing I posted on the barely/not relative subject, the crate doors are most often left open as a safe place the dog can feel secure either in times of stress, tiredness, etc. Ours retreat to their kennels frequently, especially the puppy, and that's their 'happy place' much of the time.
Ya, I realize that, just as my hound's crate was the hole he carved in front of my cabin and my other dogs' spots in my house. It's just the crate 'training' which, in my world, I find a little 'different' from how I relate to dogs. All the crap on youtube about how important it is to crate train your dog is in my opinion pretty lame (and people are even making money over it)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Having 2 parties that are more similar than not isn't a choice. Doing good things for the general public and not the rich should be a top priority. Rich people don't need help but always end up getting more of the pie. Our GOV is funded by the general public not the rich. I think the good you do for us, the more likely we will vote for you. Which party you are affiliated with won't matter. It's just a repeat cycle of dividing the public to keep our eyes off them. It would take a major event to change anything.

moose eater

Ya, I realize that, just as my hound's crate was the hole he carved in front of my cabin and my other dogs' spots in my house. It's just the crate 'training' which, in my world, I find a little 'different' from how I relate to dogs. All the crap on youtube about how important it is to crate train your dog is in my opinion pretty lame (and people are even making money over it)
Ours do well with it, and, like I said, when we come in from outside play or work, the younger pup, especially, heads straight for her open kennel, where she has quilts, toys, etc., and where she can eat her chow with the door closed with zero food conflict.

It's also a great way when they're very young to teach bowel and bladder contenance; like most critters (Not including humans, of course) they hate to shit or piss in their own limited space, thus it aids in night time training for those issues for many dogs.

And German shepherds have their own peculiar ideosynchroses.

The 11-mos-old pup sleeps with me, and like with the kennel, goes straight to 'our spot'.

People will/can often make money on anything. There's sometimes some good info there, just as there is for nearly any subject. Weeding through wheat versus chaff is on us, just like in politics and elections, and examining facts, versus bullshit soundbites that don't match actions or histories. That part's on us. We either look more deeply, or we don't, and if we don't, then WE'RE complicit and share the blame.

As far as the election is concerned, clinging to the false dichotomy of there only being 2 choices or dimensions IS self-inflicted prison, representing a false dichotomy, just as it is when someone alleges "Well, if you don't vote for 'Y', it's the same as voting for 'X'. Not only a false assertion, but emotional extortion and nonsense.

There's been other choices for years, just as there are in raising kids or puppies.

Those folks who live in that narrow space are practicing self-inflicted helplessness and self-reinforced delusions that not only affects the US, but those countries where we've unlawfully murdered literal millions or toppled others' governments. But what's for breakfast, or the price of fuel at the pump are more important. A moral and political, nationalistic narcissism and moral disconnect, if ever there was.

Last edited:

moose eater

Having 2 parties that are more similar than not isn't a choice. Doing good things for the general public and not the rich should be a top priority. Rich people don't need help but always end up getting more of the pie. Our GOV is funded by the general public not the rich. I think the good you do for us, the more likely we will vote for you. Which party you are affiliated with won't matter. It's just a repeat cycle of dividing the public to keep our eyes off them. It would take a major event to change anything.
But now many either vote out of team jersey colors or fear, or, often times, both.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." (FDR)

Actual positive vision is replaced by "EEEEKKKK!!! Don't let THAT guy win, or we're ALL gonna' DIE!!!!" and other cowardly, exaggerated horseshit.

Last edited:

right

At the debate tonight. If two thirds of the questions are about abortion, then they will be tipping the scales. If two thirds of the questions are about the economy then they will be tipping the scales the other way.

moose eater

At the debate tonight. If two thirds of the questions are about abortion, then they will be tipping the scales. If two thirds of the questions are about the economy then they will be tipping the scales the other way.
How do you figure that?

Both issues are hot-button issues for the voting public.

right

It's said that the majority of actual democrats mostly just care about abortion. If all of the questions are about abortion then it would give the left an advantage.
On the other hand democrats don't stand a chance if all the questions are about the economy. They will lose if they have to compare there record against trumps economy.

The preloaded questions are everything. Look for fairness.

moose eater

It's said that the majority of actual democrats mostly just care about abortion. If all of the questions are about abortion then it would give the left an advantage.
On the other hand democrats don't stand a chance if all the questions are about the economy. They will lose if they have to compare there record against trumps economy.

The preloaded questions are everything. Look for fairness.
I'm neither Dem nor Rep, but I think the assumption of a majority of voters being single-issue voters is a bit erroneous, not that abortion/reproductive rights and economy aren't serious issues.

But if you check the history of the economy under either party, the Dems, overall, have done a better job.

Where people often get tripped up is in failing to include the 'delay factor' in transition of administration; the 'wave effect' of a previous administration absolutely doesn't end as soon as the new admin walks through the door. It's more like steering an oil tanker. The moves begin long before the actual turn, and that turn absolutely doesn't take place in an instant or 'on a dime.'

Also include the disparate propensity for fibbing. I believe in the first debate, tired Joe was credited with 9 lies or false statements, and Trump with well over 30.

I loathe both of them, but based on that moment in time, it might be said that the one, despite dementia and confusion in greater presence than with his opponent, is 3x's less dishonest in his replies.

I guess we'll see how that racks up in this one.

Though I'll attend the 'post-game' scoring, as watching any of it at this time, is a literal waste for me.

And note that they're not apt to be including any other candidates, helping to facilitate the false dichotomy and such, and keeping the voters running down the same old cattle chute.

right

I like the steering an oil tanker reference.
I'm not very happy with either candidate, but I'm definitely going to vote