What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Are you suggesting that Trump is wrong?

I'm all for Bibi answering for his crimes.

I wonder if he'll hand out his mugshot on memorabilia....
Slipped on a banana peel....

Maybe reduce the price on his new assassination sneakers to $297

moose eater

I was the Easter Bunny a couple times about 40+ years ago, dressed in what were accidentally dyed pink long johns that had been bled on by a red something-or-other in the laundry, tall fur mukluks, fur backed arctic mittens, and a bent coat hanger tied on with a bandana with socks hanging on the coat hanger for ears..

I hopped up to the doors of several friends' homes/cabins in the neighborhood down on the Tanana River with a coffee cup with a 1/4-oz. of uncut coke in it, and when they opened up their doors, I was situated so that all they saw was the coffee cup with the coke and my arm.

Then, after the brief traveling Easter festivities, I lit a Hibachi atop one of the dog's houses and grilled boneless country style spareribs while still dressed as the Easter Bunny.

When the folks next door arrived home from church or wherever they were coming from, I was visible through the woods, still dressed up and grilling pork. A carnivorous bunny.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
:love: that conjures up images of you i would never thought of, moose! how cool...
1725931519026.png

Hiddenjems

The particular German shepherd puppy is like a fucking raven. The other day she took my socks, shirt, and underwear and stashed thm in her kennel.

Used to be she had a penchant for couch pillows and my socks, and she'd cram the pillows all the way into the back of the kennel, standing vertically on their edge.

She seems to know exactly what she's doing.

Then I was just gathering my razor-sharp moose hunting knives to take out to the worktable in front of the barn to cut salmon strips for the smoker, and I realized I'm missing a scabbard/sheath for a former friend's hunting knife I've had for 40-some years.

Usually when she gets compulsive lie this, like a raven stealing shiny objects, she's either really attracted to the item in question, or she's trying to make a point.

The 2 shepherds (the older one is 3 yrs. and adjusting to adult shepherd life nicely, but still able to play with the youngster like a puppy when called for) have been kenneled when we're outside processing fish, etc., as the younger one has sometimes poor impulse control in other areas as well, and she has a hurt paw due to a strain/sprain, likely from either being stepped on, or caught in the wire door or window of her kennel, or ????? So it might simply be she's paying me back for being kenneled, which, like an ADHD kid, once free of the bonds of puppy prison (though in general her kennel is her happy p[lace), the kenneling has a blowback effect for her energy needing out. Fucking like skyrockets when she breaks free!! :)
The best dog I’ve ever had started out eating couches. By the time she was 2 she was the best girl. She’s one of the only dogs I’ve seen that literally tries to do the right thing all the time.

You can tell who puts the time in with their dog. Just about any dog can be great if you put the time in.

I’ve found that not using a cage for anything helps the dog bond to me. You just have to get them on a feeding and watering schedule and watch them like a hawk. I don’t do much negative punishment at all. I mostly try to catch them being good and shower then with praise.

moose eater

The best dog I’ve ever had started out eating couches. By the time she was 2 she was the best girl. She’s one of the only dogs I’ve seen that literally tries to do the right thing all the time.

You can tell who puts the time in with their dog. Just about any dog can be great if you put the time in.

I’ve found that not using a cage for anything helps the dog bond to me. You just have to get them on a feeding and watering schedule and watch them like a hawk. I don’t do much negative punishment at all. I mostly try to catch them being good and shower then with praise.
Kenneling is a natural thing for dogs if they're not used chronically as punishment. A small safe space is like a fox den. She heads straight to her kennel on her own as a matter of course, and the door is left open in most cases when she doesn't NEED to be kept in there.

She eats her chow with the kennel door closed, and when she needs to be sequestered for lack of supervision, such as the last couple days when we're outside cutting salmon strips, cutting peeled alder for the smoker, or tending the smoker.

I've had dogs since I was 2 or 3 years old, and this is our third German shepherd. Many dogs in between. Can't recall being without one, other than when I was locked up in minimum security as a younger adolescent.

I've raised all kinds of dogs and bred Norwegian elkhounds for a bit in the 1970s.

Hitchhiked North America with that female elkhound I had, who instinctively hated cops in uniforms (violent raid in about 1975/1976) and bears... and people with a bad vibe in general.

This dog tries to please most or all of the time and is more obedient than the 3-year-old female German shepherd, who is pretty good, but a bit stubborn. The younger one stays by your side more closely than the 3-year-old, but neither one is prone to running off. When the 11-month-old pup's wired, as Gsd's are known to be when young (often referred to as the 'land shark phase' in German shepherd communities, which lasts most of puppyhood from age 6 months until 2 years, or slightly less) they play hard. Her trickery is often a message or simply playing, depending on the circumstances.

The headlamp turned up this evening. So now I have 2 of them of that style, one with 600 lumens and the one that was missing with 450-500 lumens. My wife told me to keep the new one purchased today, while I would've chosen to return it. The fact that their battery packs charge with a USB port is an option I've found especially handy.

Last edited:

moose eater

For those who may be lacking information, but not lacking in self-importance.

And I may write in our two Gsd's in those races where there absolutely is no good choice on the ballot(s).

Last edited:

moose eater

moose eater

Uh..... I don't believe it was me with my head up my ass. I think it was an ego/butt-hurt quasi-stalker who has something critical to post about a whole lot of what I post recently, which has, by the way, been noted by others... not just by me.

Get your head out of the bottle... and work on that ego, maybe.

moose eater

For a guy who spends about 50-60% of his time here implicitly judging other members, pretending to act as some sort of insightful guru in his own mind, you know that's pretty rich, right? Or at least you would know that, if you had greater self-awareness and less deflection as a knee-jerk response.

Latest posts

Latest posts