What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

moose eater

breaking news! this just in!

trump truly and royally fucked!
While desirable in many ways, that is not an actual credible news headline at this time.

Despite another's attempts at provocation, like the adolescent they are, accompanied by a pretense at density and trying to identify me with Hempy, the headlines I posted links to earlier are, in fact, from recognized journalists and a well-known, respected publication(s), dealing in facts. Whether comfortable for the team jersey subscribers and addicts or not.

Last edited:

xtsho

But would've been far superior to Wasserman-Sluts. Who was directly involved in (unprosecuted) proposed money laundering up here and elsewhere in 2016 on behalf of the DNC and HRC.

Just a Democrat cat fight.

Jen Perelman is the equivalent of the Republican maga just a Democrat. She's a nut for sure.

Jen Perelman: It is by the grace of Iran that Israel still is there without being bombed. Okay. That is what I think. It is by the grace of Iran.

No wonder she lost. Heaping praise on Iran. She's a loonie.

Here's an interview with her. I didn't bother reading the whole thing. I decided to go watch paint dry.

moose eater

Just a Democrat cat fight.

Jen Perelman is the equivalent of the Republican maga just a Democrat. She's a nut for sure.

Jen Perelman: It is by the grace of Iran that Israel still is there without being bombed. Okay. That is what I think. It is by the grace of Iran.

No wonder she lost. Heaping praise on Iran. She's a loonie.

Here's an interview with her. I didn't bother reading the whole thing. I decided to go watch paint dry.

I'm well aware of who Jen Perelman is. She grew up a Zionist Jew and then saw the light by discovering the propaganda and lies generated by Israel and their supporters here in the US.

She's also an attorney. Who does some great charity work.

I'm also aware of the degree to which Wasserman-Sluts is corrupt, beholding to Wall St and AIPAC and the worst aspect of the DNC , and others, and the perpetuation of the corporatism she truly represents that many bitch about, and then vote to perpetuate.

Brother Nature

Keith Ellison recommended exoneration. A rogue sheriff intervened. Now Tim Walz can solve it.​

By Theodore Hamm

Two months ago, Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison moved to undo an apparent injustice perpetrated long ago against a Native American man named Brian Pippitt. After a comprehensive investigation of his 2001 conviction identified serious problems with the prosecution’s case, Ellison’s office called for Pippitt’s exoneration.

Yet the rural county prosecutor’s office that sent Pippitt to prison is now fighting to keep him there. The local sheriff in Aitkin County (pop. 16,500), Daniel Guida—who has earned national attention in recent years with his aggressive crackdown on Water Protectors protesting an oil pipeline—has similarly objected, saying he needs to conduct yet another investigation.

As a result, despite the AG’s strong recommendation to exonerate him, Pippitt, now 62, remains indefinitely behind bars.

There is one man, however, who could end the saga quickly: Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz. Attorneys for Pippitt tell Drop Site they are asking Walz to use his authority as governor to remove the case from the county prosecutor and hand it over to the attorney general’s office.

"Gov. Walz and AG Ellison have the ability to correct the gross injustice that is keeping an innocent man in prison," Pippitt’s attorneys, James Cousins and James Mayer, said in a statement provided to Drop Site. "It is unconscionable that baseless obstruction is preventing freedom for Mr. Pippitt—a man the Attorney General’s office has determined is innocent and wrongly imprisoned."

Unlike other states, Minnesota gives its governor the power to move the jurisdiction of a criminal case. As Ellison reminded a national audience from the DNC stage this week, Walz let the AG’s office prosecute Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd, although that happened with the consent of the local prosecutor. In at least one recent example, Gov. Walz and AG Ellison initiated the transfer.

In June, Ellison’s office declared that Pippitt should be exonerated. “The Conviction Review Unit conducted a careful, lengthy, objective review of the case,” Ellison stated. “It has now issued its report: I endorse its findings and encourage everyone to read it carefully.” It is the first time the Conviction Review Unit, or CRU, has recommended the full exoneration of an incarcerated person.

“Our goal is to ensure that no innocent person is serving time in a Minnesota prison for a crime they did not commit,” Ellison said. “No person or community is safer, and justice is not served when an innocent person is convicted and imprisoned.”

In early 2001, a jury found Pippitt guilty of the grisly 1998 murder of Evelyn Malin, the 84-year-old owner of the Dollar Lake Store in tiny Shamrock Township, 130 miles north of Minneapolis. Handicapped and deaf, Malin was found in the bedroom behind the store, strangled and smeared with feces.

It took over one year before there were any arrests. The Aitkin County Sheriff’s Department teamed with the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), Minnesota’s version of the FBI, to pursue leads.

In June 1999, Aitkin County Attorney Bradley Rhodes brought the case to a grand jury, which indicted five men, including Pippitt, for Malin’s murder. Although all five were related by blood, the established hostilities between members of the group raised questions about whether they would plausibly have been partnered in crime.

According to the CRU report, the “most damning evidence” against Pippitt came from co-defendant Raymond Misquadace, who confessed to the crime as part of his plea deal, then testified for the prosecution. No physical or forensic evidence linked Pippitt to the murder scene, making Misquedace's now-retracted testimony pivotal in the case. Misquadace explained to the CRU in August 2023 that he implicated himself and the others “in order to avoid a lengthy prison sentence.”

Misquadace claimed to be 150 miles away on the night of the murder, but said that BCA case detective David Bjerga fed him information about the other defendants, claiming they had first mentioned Misquadace.

The CRU noted that Bjerga’s coercive techniques included “inducement,” providing extensive quotes from his 1999 interrogation. “If you’re the first hog to the trough,” Bjerga advised Misquadace, “you get the most to eat. You get the best meal.” By best meal, of course, the detective meant “best deal.”

Pippitt and his fellow defendants belong to the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan, who stands to become the state’s chief executive (and nation’s first indigenous governor) in the case of Walz’s elevation to vice president, is a member of the White Earth Band of the Ojibwe.

Misquadace and two other defendants took plea deals that resulted in two short sentences and one 15-year term. A jury acquitted a fourth member of the group. Pippitt maintained his innocence and fought the charges—and quickly learned why so many in a similar position take a deal and plead guilty. Upon Pippitt’s guilty verdict, a judge sentenced him to life in prison.

One year after the Pippitt trial, Rhodes, the prosecutor, lost his bid for reelection. He was unseated by Tom Murtha, the defense attorney who represented Pippitt. Murtha maintains to this day that his former client is innocent. Meanwhile, after a state disciplinary panel cited his repeated misconduct in private practice, Rhodes was disbarred in 2007.

Attorney General Ellison’s Conviction Review Unit investigators eventually spent over eighteen months interviewing most of the key players in the Pippitt case—not including Rhodes, who declined.

Misquadace’s false testimony was one of four problems that CRU identified with the prosecution’s theory of the case, which was that the assailants robbed Malin’s store and killed her in the process.

Crime scene photos showed that the store’s front door was deadbolt-locked, contradicting Rhodes’ theory that the assailants left through that entrance; photos also did not support Rhodes’ insistence that the perpetrators stole cigarettes and beer before exiting. No money was taken. The CRU also found that a jailhouse witness who testified against Pippitt gave inaccurate essential details regarding the murder.

Moreover, the CRU report identifies two possible "alternative suspects"—suspects who were not among the five defendants and who had "the motive, means and opportunity to commit the crime." Terry Peet, who lived nearby, had visited Malin's store twice on the day of the murder. The CRU notes that Peet "told a witness that he considered robbing Evelyn when she refused to sell him propane on credit."

The second suspect the report identifies is Malin's grandson, who was 27 at the time. That person allegedly "had a severe drug problem" and his grandmother had recently "refused his request for money." The CRU says that same figure has an extensive rap sheet that includes felony theft and forging checks (but not murder). Neither Peet nor the grandson ever faced charges. Peet is deceased.

The CRU report also previewed the obstacles to Pippitt’s release. According to Pippitt’s lawyers, when the CRU decided to investigate Pippitt’s case, the unit signed an agreement with Aitkin County Attorney Jim Ratz, who vowed to accept the CRU’s recommendations. But now that the AG’s team is calling for an exoneration, Ratz—who helped prosecute Pippitt—has backed away from that pledge. Guida and Ratz did not respond to requests for comment.

Ratz and Sheriff Daniel Guida, backed by the BCA, objected to the CRU’s findings before they went public. The CRU discusses the objections of all three in its report. Ratz and Guida are now conducting another investigation.

The CRU document includes a letter from Sheriff Guida informing the AG’s unit that because Minnesota’s top court has twice upheld the murder conviction, he needs absolute certainty that Pippitt did not murder Malin: “It will require the same burden of proof, proof beyond a reasonable doubt, that was required to convict Pippitt... to gain my support for your request.”

"No American jurisdiction requires the wrongfully convicted person to prove his innocence beyond a reasonable doubt," said Cousins and Mayer, Pippitt’s lawyers.

"Minnesota law is clear about the standards that apply in Pippitt's case," the attorneys explained. "When a key witness recants, the standard is whether without the false trial testimony, the jury might have reached a different outcome."

The pivotal recantation and other key components of the CRU’s investigation were not included in the appeals brought to Minnesota’s top court, added Cousins.

Cousins works for Centurion, a national organization that fights for exonerations. Mayer is a staff attorney with the Minneapolis-based Great North Innocence Project.

Pippitt’s lawyers have sent two letters to Gov. Walz, Lt. Gov. Flanagan, and Ellison, asking the governor to give the case to the AG’s office, which could then support Pippitt’s petition to vacate the conviction. A judge would then rule, presumably completing the exoneration.

Pippitt’s team has not received a response. Walz’s office did not to Drop Site’s requests for comment.

Theodore Hamm runs the journalism program at St. Joseph’s University–NY in Brooklyn. He covers criminal justice for The Indypendent.
Will be interesting to see if he does anything with that case then. I’d like to think the best about it but I have been in and out of the system enough to generally take a more cynical viewpoint…

I still think it was a very wholesome when the guys son was all proud of his dad. Was a nice human touch to the otherwise over produced, out of touch, half assed reality show of a convention.

moose eater

Will be interesting to see if he does anything with that case then. I’d like to think the best about it but I have been in and out of the system enough to generally take a more cynical viewpoint…

I still think it was a very wholesome when the guys son was all proud of his dad. Was a nice human touch to the otherwise over produced, out of touch, half assed reality show of a convention.
I figure we're in an election year, and people that barely give 2 shits about the Commoners for the majority of their 2-4 year cycle, depending on their office, suddenly find themselves wanting to sell a package or fluffy concept to the public.

Some of them deliver it with almost half-decent theatrical ability, but most deliver it with C-grade acting skills so bad that if it were a movie at the theater and you'd paid to get in, you'd be demanding a refund for your ticket before the midway intermission.

(Drum roll for the gullible partisans to enter the equation) ...

And much of the voting public forfeits whatever degree of objectivity and discerning ability they might've possessed, especially when it's THEIR guy they're listening to, and they swoon, and exclaim, "DID YOU HEAR WHAT (THEY) SAID???!!!" Failing to realize or accept that there are no binding verbal contract laws for these egotists and corporate tools, like there would be if there were a discussion involving promises or commitments between you and I where there were witnesses.

Like I told all of my kids when I was raising them, pay a fuck-ton more attention to what people actually do, and a WHOLE lot less attention to what they say. All words, as otherwise often empty promises, require, is exhaling and wagging the tongue or typing on keys.

Good to see you again, Brother.

xtsho

I'm well aware of who Jen Perelman is. She grew up a Zionist Jew and then saw the light by discovering the propaganda and lies generated by Israel and their supporters here in the US.

She's also an attorney. Who does some great charity work.

I'm also aware of the degree to which Wasserman-Sluts is corrupt, beholding to Wall St and AIPAC and the worst aspect of the DNC , and others, and the perpetuation of the corporatism she truly represents that many bitch about, and then vote to perpetuate.

I'm not defending Wasserman-Skank. Just pointing out the flaws of her opponent.

moose eater

I'm not defending Wasserman-Skank. Just pointing out the flaws of her opponent.
I don't see as many flaws as you do and note the amount of blatant nationalist propaganda this Country and others direct toward their citizenries, in an effort to have them hate/fear/loathe the people the State Dept and alphabet soup agencies WANT them to hate.

Afterall, when the various Powers That Be around this world start another war, they figure it's good to have your followers/People hating on the People that the government opportunistically WANTS them to hate.

That's where some first-hand experience comes in.

My neighbor traveled with Code Pink and others to the tribal outlands in Pakistan, around the time/height of the CIA drone-fired missiles. The US State Dept at the US Consulate in Pakistan had them meet before going, trying to dissuade them from making the trip. Told them the Tallies and others had -all- of their names on death warrants.

Nothing could've been further from the truth.

I won't bore you with Rob's experiences there, but they draw tears of beauty. And some fucking rage, too.

Edit: That same neighbor, a Vietnam veteran, stayed with people in Gaza, too. And he had compadres aboard the Peace Flotilla that IDF and Mossad fucked up harshly, despite it being in international waters.

Last edited:

xtsho

Interesting lineup leading up to Kamala. Expect to see Adam Kinzinger having a role in the Harris administration despite being a Republican. He's got a prime speaking spot. He's probably there to eviscerate trump and setup the contrast between trump and Harris so when she takes the stage she'll look golden. I wonder if she'll even mention trump.

9:00 p.m.

• Eva Longoria, American Actress and Film Producer
  • Adam Kinzinger, Former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois
  • Maya Harris, Lawyer and Public Policy Advocate
  • Roy Cooper, Governor of North Carolina
  • Kamala Harris, Vice President of the United States

xtsho

I don't see as many flaws as you do and note the amount of blatant nationalist propaganda this Country and others direct toward their citizenries, in an effort to have them hate/fear/loathe the people the State Dept and alphabet soup agencies WANT them to hate.

Afterall, when the various Powers That Be around this world start another war, they figure it's good to have your followers/People hating on the People that the government opportunistically WANTS them to hate.

That's where some first-hand experience comes in.

My neighbor traveled with Code Pink and others to the tribal outlands in Pakistan, around the time/height of the CIA drone-fired missiles. The State Dept in Pakistan had them meet before goiong, trying to disuade them rfom making the trip. Told them the Tallies andothers had all of their names on edath warrants.

Nothing could've been further from the truth.

I won't bore you with Rob's experiences there, but they draw tears of beauty. And some fucking rage, too.

She's a nut, fruitcake, missing some marbles, etc... Apparently most thought the same as she got totally beat down in the primary. You have to be a crazy to even bother running in a highly Jewish district and say the things she says. She's an attention getter. Nothing more. She's a Democrat version of boebert or mjt. Just looking for a few minutes of fame and attention and doing absolutely nothing to get anything accomplished. She makes her living being out there.

That's my opinion. If yours differs that's fine. We all have our own.

xtsho

The Democrats have better background music at their convention than the Republicans had and they're not getting cease and desist letters to stop using artists music like the trump campaign.

moose eater

She's a nut, fruitcake, missing some marbles, etc... Apparently most thought the same as she got totally beat down in the primary. You have to be a crazy to even bother running in a highly Jewish district and say the things she says. She's an attention getter. Nothing more. She's a Democrat version of boebert or mjt. Just looking for a few minutes of fame and attention and doing absolutely nothing to get anything accomplished. She makes her living being out there.

That's my opinion. If yours differs that's fine. We all have our own.
Her district had been reorganized since she last ran. It was far less pro-militant Zionist after the reorganization.

As I stated, I'm familiar with her and her pervious and current district from my own reading and listening to her.

Look at Wasserman-sluts' campaign coffers and see where her substantial amounts of money came from.

moose eater

The Democrats have better background music at their convention than the Republicans had and they're not getting cease and desist letters to stop using artists music like the trump campaign.
I recall Bruce Springsteen telling the Reagan campaign to stop using 'Born in the USA'. The R's seem to have a worse record of failing to obtain permissions to use copyrighted materials. More of that egotistical sense of entitlement found on both sides of the aisle in one manner or another. Similar happened to The Donald, if I recall correctly.

In this accounting, 4 Rs and 1 D.

xtsho

Her district had been reorganized since she last ran. It was far less pro-militant Zionist after the reorganization.

As I stated, I'm familiar with her and her pervious and current district from my own reading and listening to her.

Look at Wasserman-sluts' campaign coffers and see where her substantial amounts of money came from.

Wasserman is the biggest sellout there is. I'm not disputing that at all. I don't care for her.

But for the other lady to challenge her in the primary and saying the things she was saying it's obvious she was just looking for clicks and wasn't serious. She got enough donations to keep her living large for another year. So she accomplished her goal.

xtsho

I recall Bruce Springsteen telling the Reagan campaign to stop using 'Born in the USA'. The R's seem to have a worse record of failing to obtain permissions to use copyrighted materials. More of that egotistical sense of entitlement found on both sides of the aisle in one manner or another. Similar happened to The Donald, if I recall correctly.

The thing is that most musicians align with the Democrats so even if they don't get permission they don't do anything. But they don't want their music being played at a maga convention.

moose eater

Wasserman is the biggest sellout there is. I'm not disputing that at all. I don't care for her.

But for the other lady to challenge her in the primary and saying the things she was saying it's obvious she was just looking for clicks and wasn't serious. She got enough donations to keep her living large for another year. So she accomplished her goal.
I believe she was sincere in her wanting to out Wasserman-Sluts. I think she was a bit naive about doing so in the way she attempted, but she also used her campaign to highlight current seldom-aired details of current issues that mainstream media 'conveniently' leaves out.

I'd say the same for Cornell West, as well, who I would vote for, but he has ballot access issues across the Country, which tipped his hand from the get-go, telling me that his primary objective was to go on a speaking tour and get the issues he wanted on the air. And he did that.

Latest posts

Latest posts