What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

xtsho

all shooters or would be shooters are mentally ill. you are trying to obfuscate the fact that he was a registered republican.

jd vance is already making statements that this attempt was triggered by biden's rhetoric.

maybe it was triggered by kevin roberts rhetoric and the contents of the 2025 document?

there are a lot of republicans who are moderates and deeply resent what trump has done to the party.

I don't think the shooter being a registered republican or making a $15 donation to ActBlue is relevant. The guy was a nutcase. He's no different than Mark David Chapman, John Hinkley Jr, Dylan Roof, Adam Lanza, and unfortunately the list goes on and on.

People trying to find some political motivation behind this are just looking to reinforce the narrative they want to believe. The guy was a loser and the world is now better off without him wasting oxygen.

Cannavore

Veteran
pretty wild how black people are treated politically. where getting shot or whipping out a bottle of hot sauce is somehow an appeal to black people. lol. this shit is just racist.

GSdH6lhWgAAzv8D

xtsho

The shooter donated $15 to ActBlue, trump donated thousands to Hillary Clintons Senatorial campaign. Both have supported Democrats. Both are/were registered Republicans.

RobFromTX

pretty wild how black people are treated politically. where getting shot or whipping out a bottle of hot sauce is somehow an appeal to black people. lol. this shit is just racist.

First the republicans then the dems and now were going into race relations that had nothing to do with it. You're a smorgasbord of bullshit my dude

moose eater

I don't think the shooter being a registered republican or making a $15 donation to ActBlue is relevant. The guy was a nutcase. He's no different than Mark David Chapman, John Hinkley Jr, Dylan Roof, Adam Lanza, and unfortunately the list goes on and on.

People trying to find some political motivation behind this are just looking to reinforce the narrative they want to believe. The guy was a loser and the world is now better off without him wasting oxygen.
The shooter donated via Act Blue. The recipient was not Act Blue. Act Blue was the mechanism by which he donated. The recipient of his $15 donation was a moderate progressive PAC.

moose eater

From Ryan Grimm's and Jeremy Scahill's new site, Drop Site News.

And both have done exemplary investigative journalism relying on facts alone, including Scahill's outing of Obama's illegal use of drone-fired missiles in Pakistan, and the CIA's incredibly loose threshold re. quality of intelligence in those illegal murders of what were often civilians.

Cannavore

Veteran
First the republicans then the dems and now were going into race relations that had nothing to do with it. You're a smorgasbord of bullshit my dude
?? saying trump is now more appealing to black voters because he got shot is racist. that article is racist. it's a racist take.

shiva82

You've been on ignore for a long time, but I wasn't logged in when I saw your post, so I'll do this for you, @shiva. A 'bubba' is a term available for defining in many street-type dictionaries online. It often involves a redneck zealot who thinks it's acceptable for them to interfere in someone else's private autonomy due to that person not being in the mainstream.

Minimizing the encroaching forms of fascism in the US and around the world to "someone who merely disagrees with you" is an extreme understatement.

When someone moves to seize another's autonomy or liberty in blanket ways, and steals, lies, cheats, assaults women, then proposes a strong-arm form of government based on their -purported- religious values (as though they actually had any, rather than merely using the shtick as a means by which to garner support for their self-serving authoritarianism), it's moved WAY beyond "disagreeing" with someone.
oh thanks for sparing your time . lucky me , you were not logged in when reading my question.

moose eater

yes, i can see it being interpreted that way, and it's my fault for writing it like that. what i mean is the type of shooters that are loners attempting political assassinations.

there are justifiable reasons to engage in warfare. but, typically it is done as a group with consensus, not some loner.
There've been 'lone wolves', or 'apparent lone wolves' in many conflicts that some groups viewed as legitimate conflicts.

John Wilkes Booth, though acting alone in pulling the trigger on Lincoln, did not entirely act alone in the build-up to his actions.

And I think there's a false dichotomy in viewing group or formal military actions as grounded or inherently more legitimate or legal in any semblance of reality, but individuals being inherently more questionable. In fact, the concept of 'groupthink' as we know it, would sometimes state -much- differently. My Lai and other such incidents support that perspective.

greyfader

don't you think that there may be just a hint of political motivation behind him? after all, he did choose trump as a target and performed the act in the middle of a political rally.

if he just wanted to be famous for shooting someone he could have found a much easier target. such as a famous celebrity that wasn't surrounded by a small army of secret service agents, cops, and what looked to be special forces in full combat gear.

he got by their security and within 135 yards of a former president with a rifle in his hands. that would not have been easy or simple to do.

but you never know with nut jobs, we may never know why.

greyfader

There've been 'lone wolves', or 'apparent lone wolves' in many conflicts that some groups viewed as legitimate conflicts.

John Wilkes Booth, though acting alone in pulling the trigger on Lincoln, did not entirely act alone in the build-up to his actions.

And I think there's a false dichotomy in viewing group or formal military actions as grounded or inherently more legitimate or legal in any semblance of reality, but individuals being inherently more questionable. In fact, the concept of 'groupthink' as we know it, would sometimes state -much- differently. My Lai and other such incidents support that perspective.
perhaps "group think with a cause" as opposed to a group expressing simple hatred. i did say "typically".

Latest posts

Latest posts