What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

piosh

joining...
my second try in 12//12
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All are started (also the bigger one) in 12//12 light regiment.
Light : 2x 150 W hps
Dimensions: 100-90cmx50cm

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Growing up in the Caribbean we naturally used this method - OUTDOORS.

Surprisingly we got major results, from bagseed of the day which was usually Columbian Gold.

On St. Thomas (where I lived) cruise ships and other vessels would come thru the islands on the way to the mainland.

We once found a big bale of weed floating between St. Thomas and Tortola...dragged it aboard, took it home and tried to wash it, dry it, smoke it...what crap! Totally soaked with salt water it was growing barnacles and was too moldy for rescue...but we tried.

Seems some poor soul couldn't find all his bales when they were dropped off by a passing ship - or perhaps they dumped it when fearful of search and seizure by the Coast Guard.

Anyway, back to the topic...all weed in Jamaica and the Caribbean area is grown from seed 12/12...and they get some great stuff.

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
atmosphere

Somewhere I missed it, but how much wattage do you have over that beautiful bed?

Has anyone done a large scale (100+ beans) 12/12 from seed in a hydro environment? I wonder what that would do to yields?

Mk3Jetta

I have an cab from some old furniture that measures 30"h x 20"w x 12"l what would be a great setup for a 12/12 light system?

I was thinking:

70wHPS with 4 24" 6500k fluro tubes(not sure on wattage) in the corners. 2 - 40cfm pc fans, one intake one exhaust blowing through carbon, and one of same cfm circulating air.

Would a 150wHPS up top be too difficult to control heat with only the 3 fans?

I'm trying to keep it quite quiet.

thx

l33t

Veteran
We once found a big bale of weed floating between St. Thomas and Tortola...dragged it aboard, took it home and tried to wash it, dry it, smoke it...what crap! Totally soaked with salt water it was growing barnacles and was too moldy for rescue...but we tried.

if it happens again(!) you could try to use water extracting methods(waterhash) to manage to collect any resin-trichomes without having to keep the unsmokable water soaked veg matter as well. This way you could wash the trichs from salty water and end up keeping whats worth of it.

casablanca

Great thread guys, i think ima try 12/12. Probably some ss bubblegum. But i wanna ask is it possible to supercrop 12/12 from seed???

C

Classyathome

if it happens again(!) you could try to use water extracting methods(waterhash) to manage to collect any resin-trichomes without having to keep the unsmokable water soaked veg matter as well. This way you could wash the trichs from salty water and end up keeping whats worth of it.

IMHO iso or bho would be better choice - salt is not dissolved by alcohol or butane, would eliminate the salt contamination...

Mk3Jetta

I have an cab from some old furniture that measures 30"h x 20"w x 12"l what would be a great setup for a 12/12 light system?

I was thinking:

70wHPS with 4 24" 6500k fluro tubes(not sure on wattage) in the corners. 2 - 40cfm pc fans, one intake one exhaust blowing through carbon, and one of same cfm circulating air.

Would a 150wHPS up top be too difficult to control heat with only the 3 fans?

I'm trying to keep it quite quiet.

Can someone answer my question please....???????

I'm just looking for a little help.
thx

please and thank you
jetta

beejium

i would go for a 150w hps. i am designing a box close to the same size. i think 3 fans would do it. it could require fewer fans. it is really going to depend on the amount of air the fans can push. i have a box similar is size on paper and gathering up materials for the build. unfortunately right now i am in the same boat. i am currently looking to find out where to start with ventilation. hopefully someone with some exp will chime in.

laylo

Hi everyone iv been reading here for a while and im really diggin this fourm and thanks to all for all this fantastic info im in the process of doing 12/12 .would 400 hps be good enough for a 4x 4 space..?and would it be better to do seed or cuttings with 12/12?

piosh

12/12 from seed 2x 150Whps; wwxbb ice bubblegummer FMS..

12/12 from seed 2x 150Whps; wwxbb ice bubblegummer FMS..

picture.php

picture.php

pthway4

I imagine that 12 and 12 with clone will be small harvest or like a sog garden...i don't know though, can anyone answer the post before...about seed or clone...?

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I imagine that 12 and 12 with clone will be small harvest or like a sog garden...i don't know though, can anyone answer the post before...about seed or clone...?
12 12 from clone is sog. From seed you will have bigger plants so the sog concept gets thrown out.

laylo

Thanks.pthway and chubbynugs sorry for being so harsh on my last post (spidermites ,heat and power issues) ............Im stressed ...and its just my 3rd week 1st grow.................It's not going down as i planed

#1cheesebuds

Veteran

damm dude they look fantastic. so did u top that big 1 at all.
I think I need to top my plants when they r a lil young from now on. cuz they have been getting too tall befor they start flowering.and I want them to be more bush like.

also what week did miss biggy plant show her sex.

thx for shairing.

Latest posts

Latest posts