What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I can't see it too well but that just looks like regular old N def to me. do you have a reason to suppose its a mg def? (ie: using only PBP or something?) Indicas tend to need more N than sativas and veg much slower.

I wouldn't worry too much. alot of strains (especially indica dominant ones) take a lil time to really get going during veg. specifically pure bubblegum, mango, cali o, and a few others come to mind that may not do very well 12/12 from seed because of this but it might not be a problem at all under a different circumstance.

usually (not always, sometimes they are just a PITA) plants that appear slower growing are either indicas or lesser worked strains that are trying to make a root mass to sustain itself in a drought, or freeze, or storm or whatever since it doesn't know the conditions. It's actually an advantage in many situations.

but when depending on a quick rush of growth necessary for the plantelet method to work alright isn't necessarily an advantage. but that is probably crossed with a skunk (most cali o is actually cali o clone x skunk) so it might pop up and surprise you. but if its a one blunt wonder don't stress on it. thats how she goes.

G

Hey Motaco!

Thanks for the reply.

I can't imagine why they would be Mg short. My soil mix was pretty damn good. They have never been that nice darker green. The soil has bat guano in it and Alfalfa meal. And I gave them some PBP Grow last week when at the time, it did look just like an Nitrogen shortage, and again this past Sunday. . I think I said so in my grow diary. too lazy to look now(stoned..again)

Anyhow they look almost exactly like the pics in the Cannabis Infirmary for Mg deficit. Veins are staying green. But growing cannabis is new to me so maybe it's not. It shouldn't be a Mg deficit but the leaves look almost "textbook".

I'll keep them around maybe till space is an issue and then decide what I want to do.

Thanks

Obli

PS

Im thinking of building a cabinet to begin vegging my Malawi Gold, hoping to keep it around till this grow is over then flower it(them). Be nice to have some ideas on how to do that :) hehehehehe!!

Last edited:
B

buzzed day

hello all here are pc/bd cross with same or nl/ww as near as i can figuare out they are at 6 wks and 1 day

Sardonic

I'm loving the grows, guys.

I've had a plant under 12/12 for about a week and a half (computer case, 42w cfl). I also have about 5 plants that have been growing under natural sunlight for about 2 and a half weeks.

The 12/12 plant is doing significantly better so far. It's a week and a half younger than it's siblings but it has already surpassed them in development :joint:

this is my first grow (you can track it in my sig).

here it is (pic taken on the 24th)
img_1074.jpg

I'll be putting it under a 400w today. i'll report back.

hardhat22

floppyfundanglr said:
My 12/12 plants. big ones gettin some suga the little ones got tied down like bitches...haha sorry.
peace
Hey man,just a ramblin' thought,but here goes;it got too tall,you lst'd a little.The limbs grew taller,you lst'd more.It seems as if you have one of those strains that I've seen turn into behemoths outdoors and hardly ever finish,even here in the deep south.
The only difference is,yours already has quiet a few bud sites,which should signal an end to the stretch in my sativa experiences.
Either way,it's gonna be a doozy,and you may not have the lighting to sustain it without continuously battling it for space.Maybe a few more lumens would help it to crown off,maybe??Again,just a thought,me ol' pal. :wave:
Peace

its has pretty much stopped i think...it just stretched so much from when i thought it was done. This also seemed to bush out more and fill in the stretched braches. Its parents werent from any large sativa line. THey could be a mix of white widow, hindukush, lowryder. It kinda reminds me of a lengthy widow pheno that we had just smaller. The buds were the best of the bunch in my opinion. I hope im gifted with its child but who knows.
i also forgot to mention that there is only about 10-11 inches of head room.
peace

Last edited:

hardhat22

kenned said:
Is it possible to make seeds under the 12/12 method??
Yep,at least in my grow.The flower time is still the same.And it only takes about 30 days for seed to mature.
Peace

chosen

Veteran
There are about 2-3 different strains at work here. There is Mango, top44, and a spin off of the two strains. I use to have Morning Glory but it was lost. I loved that strain. Most of these are the product of going 12/12 to see how much viable seed that I would get. I love this method. I do admit that it uses up some space that other wise could be filled in. Yet, the vigorous growth of going from seed rather than clone is astonishing. I also like the idea of having seeds that I can save for a later time. With cloning, you have to keep the plant alive or make a female produce pollen to create seed which will be my next experiment.

chosen

Veteran
Does anyone else do 12/12 in Hydro. I don't see very many people who seem to do so.

Last edited:

hardhat22

chosen said:
.. I do admit that it uses up some space that other wise could be filled in.
I've only tried 12/12 for my last 2 grows but I already see that my 12/12 from seed plants can actually fill in holes that wouldn't otherwise be occupied.But I'm growing in a perpetual harvest system.What system do you use?

chosen

Veteran
I'm hoping to do kind of the same idea as you. I'd like to harvest a crop each month. I thought about laying it out to do every two weeks like the sea of green. Yet, that would just get to annoying. I figure a crop a month should be okay. I love using my aeroponic setup. It's nice and easy. I just check the plants twice a week.

as far as seeds made in 12/12 i think this would be great. IN the back of my head ive pondered marijuanas very quick acclimitization and maybe creating a "micro landrace" strain. I think after succeeding generations we could have a beautiful short strain without a trace of ruderalis for auto traits.

peace

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've done the 12/12 from seed and potency suffers, I say this as the 12/12 grow was same strain I'd just grown and I had a side by side comparison available there.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I don't know about that. I never found it to be the case very often.

Besides how did you grow a plant from 12/12 seed and grow the exact same plant next to it. either it was a different plant with different possibilities or you took a cutting which wouldn't be 12/12 from seed unless it was re-veg'd.

motaco your my favorite....i think many final products are miscronstrued bad or good. Someone does one thing and they think its the reason for what they got. I dont think a 12/12 light cycle could effect potency. The plant wouldnt bud if it wasnt ready too. Sorry but i dont think your research methods do anything to prove negative or positive towards this style of growing. Also differences in strains means a lot. I would be very cautious contributing a certain growing method to my final product.

peace

chosen

Veteran
Hey, all... I'm at 24 days now. They are just about 5-6" tall. Some of them look like they will start to show in a week or 2. I've got them at 600ppm under a 1K parabolic on a mover. I use to have 2 digital 600 watters, but one of them went out after only a year and a half. They do work great though. I love them being switchable as well.