What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

B

buzzed day

hello all,just started new thread the link is at bottom and i'll move all the plants up stairs to the 400 next week untel my others are sexed and ready to go up there.they were started at 12 and 12 from seed.peace

hey there, got a Q for all you 12/12 growers out there...
Is it possible, when using the 12/12 from seed method, to take cuttings?
If it is, how and when should this be done?

heres my micro 12/12. One is an old nirvana cross not sure exactly what it is but it is the closest plant and the smallest. IT has hairs sproutin all over My bigger one in the back is a mexican bag seed experiment that still hasnt shown but all the males from that stock showed already. I assume I threw out like 2 or 3 of them last week. THis thing keeps growing and stretching and has huge fans in comparison to the other. Its funny to see the way dif genetics grow in this method.

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
sorry if this was already covered somewhere in th other 53 pages lol, but how long does it generally take for a plant to show sex 12/12 from seed?

i got one plant in the box at 30 days and still no signs of sex

H

Hal

Generally around 20 days, give or take a few. I've had some show at day 15. but that is not typical. At 30 days, you MUST be on the verge of having them show sex.

How many nodes has the plant formed? They typically will show sex at the 4th or 5th node.

the larger older plant in my box hasnt showed and the younger smaller one already has with a difference of about a week and a half between germinations.

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
Hal said:
Generally around 20 days, give or take a few. I've had some show at day 15. but that is not typical. At 30 days, you MUST be on the verge of having them show sex.

How many nodes has the plant formed? They typically will show sex at the 4th or 5th node.

7 or 8, with the 8th or 9th just starting

Hitboss

I'm going to try 12/12 this grow, for security reasons (light leaks in the case that appear in the dark). Is LST viable with 12/12 since they still veg, or are the stems harder than normal veg, since they're on 12/12.

hardhat22

MrDarkRabbit said:
hey there, got a Q for all you 12/12 growers out there...
Is it possible, when using the 12/12 from seed method, to take cuttings?
If it is, how and when should this be done?

In my limited experience with bagseed sativas,flower begins before any branches actually grow.I have one now that has a 5 inch branch but the branch has been in flower since it's top was still against the main stem.And it is the only branch.

My experience with taking clones from flowering plants was fairly successful,but I never could switch the clone back to veg.I gave up trying after 4 months of 18-6.And that was the successful one.You could try and see if you have any better luck.

When?Of all the times I tried,I was most successful with the ones I took within 2 or maybe 3 weeks after flower begins.If the cola has already crowned-off,I wouldn't even try it.The ones taken later rooted,but never gained much size and the buds were only pinky-sized.Wasn't worth the effort,except for the knowledge gained.

Someone that has tried indicas or a known sativa may could point you to a breed that branches before flower under premature 12/12....
Peace

well i got a mexican bagseed that has a lot of branching and no flowers and im over 3 weeks...im getting nervous. ITs fans are huge compared to my little indica.

hardhat22

floppyfundanglr said:
well i got a mexican bagseed that has a lot of branching and no flowers and im over 3 weeks...im getting nervous. ITs fans are huge compared to my little indica.

Hopefully it's not a long-flowering variety.The last one I had was part of an experiment.It had got some kind of rot at soil level a few days after sprouting.I pinched it above the rot and stuck it into fresh soil.It grew like nothing ever happened.No shock.
It was the only plant I've had to show sex before 12/12.I gave it a couple of months to veg and it was a b***h to keep tied down and scrounge space for.128 days after it showed sex,I gave up and jerked her.It had very few flowers,nothing I would call a bud,but was a powerfully potent smoke,and I didn't waste a leaf.We were actually seeing colors in the peripheral,it was almost a psychedelic experience and I wished I had of given it as long as it needed to finish.It may have taken a year.I think I may have a few more seeds and may try it again,this time with alot more patience.I feel it would be worth it.
Good luck with it,man.
Peace

im seein little nubs that look like a female preflower no little football. Its probably on about it 7th node. The leaves are big and on the wide side and a very rich green. Ive been train the main top down and little tops are appearing from the lower branches. I love experimenting but i also get antsy. Atleast i have another little lady showing some love.

H

Hal

patience fundanglr....patience...good things come to those who wait. One good thing, males usually show themselves first, and are pretty obvious, so if ya don't have any balls showing, your probably going to get lucky. :D

J-Roc

werd up hal
im J to the ARE OWE SEE in ur midst
what a great idea for a thread man.
learned a lot here and saw some cool pics
thanks a lot man
later :wave:

H

Hal

Dig your style J ARE OWE SEE...somethin tells me that your posts will be fun to read. Look forward to seein more of 'em.

Glad ya like the thread.

Every one should try to grow in a bed of soil once ,in my opinion . This way you have minimum stress levels , healthier plants and therefore more females and faster development. Your plants have the oportunity to grow thier roots wide right away, and will not fall during the end of flowering (they sometimes do due to the weight if thier buds )
Because of thier fast development they show sex in less time. (Some strains in just 16 days) . Make sure you start with lots of seeds so you ar eable to select out the ones that stay behind too much .
I've seen a room once where 400 seed swere planted , 398 sprouted at the same day!! Because of this the total time of a grow decreases. This method is all about growing without wasting any time ,details like I mentioned here will all be usefull for that .

Growing fast is good for everything , quality and quantity and time .

Last edited:

Reality

Question : Would the Satori from Mandala Seeds be a good type plant for a 12/12 grow? Just want to make sure.. Thanks

Reality said:
Question : Would the Satori from Mandala Seeds be a good type plant for a 12/12 grow? Just want to make sure.. Thanks

You could also check out about the strains stability. A Stable strain is more usefull for the method.

When you grow out seedplants without the goal of making clones ,this is the best method anyway for inside growing with lamps above your plants . for a starter it may be different.