What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

H

Hal

Hey Finagleabud...

You might have yourself some sativas there, best prepare for a long flower phase. Never know what you are going to get using bagseed...especially from mexibrickweed. How was the pot that the seeds came out of...was it sativa-like in its buzz?

Thats the main reason I haven't used any of my bagseed collection yet...just don't want to end up getting a sativa plant that takes 90 days to finish flowering. It will be interesting to watch how your grow develops...keep us posted.

sweetleaf

400 watt bath tub xmas packages

400 watt bath tub xmas packages

im tryin the 12/12 finaly got my seeds sprouted and was wondering what distance should i put the light at ???
pics commin soon
thnx again

H

Hal

go to the top of this page....look for a button that says "search this thread"......^^^^^^^^^^^........type in "light distance"....you'll get a bunch of posts that discuss that.

I can't really give ya advice because I have only grown with CFL's so far, but I think I remember someone suggesting 15-20" as being a good height to start the seedlings with. Definitely CONFIRM that info before doing it.

Oh, wait...this is the top of the page..

Last edited:
G

guest123

well as i recall atmosphere saying and i totally agree , as close as u can get the lights without burning ,, keep them quite moist ..
ive grown seedlings on tin roofs , needed to put them in icecream containers filled with water , but boy u get a strong short plant , with heaps of roots and internodes ....
ive just put seedlings in the ground at my site ,, a month after the shortest day here ,, 11 hrs ,, just enough for the plants to know the days are getting longer .. i expect by the time they are harvested , the days will be around 12 . 5 hrs , and there will be on average 5 oz per plant ,, some will be up to a lb ...

G

i had suggested a longer distance than suggested which may be the post you are referring to hal, but i went back and did some trial and error to back up my previous results...the new info is as follows: upon germing a seedling the same distance away from the light as you would keep healthy plants-works great as long as the heat is dissipated properly. and it also works from a distance without heat consideration but because of the bulb distance they tend to reach a little further than those at a normal distance. so in the end both work in allowing a plant to germ and grow but closer is better unless you purposely want some extra height to your girls for cloning etc.

Hal:

The seeds we are using came from very decent pot, it actually wasnt brick weed. It was very crystally, green nice smelling pot, it just had seeds in it. We actually grew these same seeds last time, despite these seeming to be sativas we only flowered the last batch for 55 days. Here's the thread:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=61066&highlight=attempt

We had about 30 fewer watts of CFLs last time, and no fertilizer for a lot of it, so these new ones should turn out great.

H

Hal

Hey Fin...

Sweet looking bud, thats some really pretty stuff, very golden looking. Out of curiosity, did you get a chance to inspect the trichome development on those girls before you harvested? Do you have one of those RadioShack hand held mini microscopes?

rkrone said:
i had suggested a longer distance than suggested which may be the post you are referring to hal, but i went back and did some trial and error to back up my previous results...the new info is as follows: upon germing a seedling the same distance away from the light as you would keep healthy plants-works great as long as the heat is dissipated properly. and it also works from a distance without heat consideration but because of the bulb distance they tend to reach a little further than those at a normal distance. so in the end both work in allowing a plant to germ and grow but closer is better unless you purposely want some extra height to your girls for cloning etc.

I also tested numbers of seedplants to compare results . I agree with you .
Very interesting is the fist day when they are not even standing up but still have the bow-shape . when manage to keep the light very close ( 16 inches for a 400 watt hps or 22 inches for a 600 watt hps or the middle of a floro at
0,2 inch distance) in that stage without dehydrating them , you will make a large difference ! and end up with thicker stems by the time they show sex .

Nice picture of a pretty large indoor grow with stable seedplants on soil ,started a 12/12

l34.jpg

Last edited:

Marcellas

Veteran
im putting seedlings outside verrry late, just put 2 out and flowering starts in a week. theyll only have til early october to bud. think theyll make it?

weed_life

my plants are just over 3 weeks old now hashberrys 6 females they seem to have slowed down a bit the last few days they are producing more white hairs tho isit normal for them to slow down now? im jsut concernd as my order for nuteswas fucke dup and left me with no nutes to start feeding them and the bottom leaves have turnd completely yellow and the nex set of eaves up are yellowing day by day! my nutes arive mondayso i hope they will be ok?? :-(

B

buzzed day

weed you might be able to add a little mg about a 1/4 of what is called for in a gallon

gro4luv

Another convert...

Another convert...

Thanks to all who have been growing from 12/12 and proving that this method works. This is my not my first grow, but it has been about three years since I grew, and due to my living arrangements, I just can't go "sog" wild.

What I did do is pop some bagseed, wait for some leaves, and then under 12/12 of cfl love. If I did the math correct, there is 83 watts per foot in my cabinet. More wpf than when I grew under 1k's.

here's the link to my thread...so I won't include pictures here...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1170722#post1170722

They are not the best of pictures, but I hope they are at least a good tease...

Except for two girls with strong sativa traits, the other nine are under 12 inches tall and filling out and slowly up. All single colas, with only two - three nodes of popcorn below the main colas. My goal here is personal medicinal smoke...ok, and maybe a little wow factor, cuz in these parts, folks just don't see good bud like this.

The two with the sativa traits...well, they are a little over a foot tall, and growing into one massive cola...noice!

Please feel free to leave suggestions, questions, and comments...

Some pics of a indica dominant strain that show how strong you can grow yor plants in thier first weeks by using lots of good (especially blue) light.
I posted one of these before but probably as smaller pics .

enlarge this one to take a closer look ,is a big picture of a very short (almost 2 inches tall) young plant from seed.

you can use a lot of these 1 liter pots on a small space for female selection. It takes just 3 weeks with the right strain . After that you can fill a flower room with healthy female plants with good roots . When using clones you start plants with very few roots ,that need to be treated very carefully ( with lamp a large distance, and high humidity)

Last edited:

gro4luv

nodes

nodes

Atmosphere--I totally concur...here is a picture of my newest girl 12/12 from seed after showing for eight days.

You can get cfl's real close...makes me wonder what would happen if I set the lights up vertically? hhmmmm....

Last edited:
G

how do you take cuttings of a plant on 12/12

how do you take cuttings of a plant on 12/12

If I take cuttings from unsexed plants could I revert them with 24 hours of light and how long would it take.

Quick update here. Our two 12\12 girls are doing good, the right (branchy) one is now on day 23 of flower, and they're both still stretching a bit. The left one is now 21" tall and the right is 22 and 1\2 inches.

day222.jpg

day221.jpg

Hal said:
why do you want to take cuttings from UNSEXED plants?

Because you want to take clones as fast as possible . Putting the clone on 12/12 will help you find out sex of the parent earlier .