What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

100% male with feminized seeds?

kro-magnon

Veteran
I can't believe that after all the hours so many of us have spent explaining this, that there are still people who think you can get males from female only crosses. Not possible folks. Been over it a hundred times, so many threads, read some stuff, learn, if you have a box of ping pong balls, there aren't any tennis balls in there. Stop telling people you're finding tennis balls when you open a box that only has ping pong balls in it. Either it doesn't or you didn't. Whether you know it or not, you are not being honest.

We aren't talking gender here, woke folks fuck off, this is sex, biological sex, there are rules and your feelings don't change the rules.
Last year I've grown a pack of Rocky Melon feminized seeds, there was 7 seeds, I had 7 healthy seedlings but one of them was a male, it had only male flowers not a single pistil. And I remember the Peyote Purple line from Cannabiogen was feminized but sold as reg because there was sometimes males coming from the seeds.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I couldn't explain to you how or why it happens, buts it's 100% proven these days with EVERY well known Feminized seed breeder has experience this after making 1000's of Feminized seeds over many years
Hey OJD, I'm not picking a fight here, I'm just explaining the truth. Cats don't have puppies.
We both know neither you nore 99% of the scene are doing DNA marker testing to see if your males are male. Are you saying they have a Y chromosome, or they have balls? Because you know that's not the same thing. Especially true when working with S.E. Asian Genes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peyote Purple. Doesn't that have Oregon purple THAI in it? Oh gee, I wonder how that "male" could be there. Please, please, be woke in university, be woke on marches, be woke in the bedroom for all I care, but don't be woke with cannabis.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and you can't use hemp studies because most of the hemp industry uses tetraploid lines, and we're talking about diploid lines, mainly.

The old addage of "if it walks, looks and quacks like a duck, it's a duck" cannot be applied here.

Verdant Whisperer

Nature is never 100% there is always room for change the plants innate survival abilities should not be underestimated. I found a 100% male seed from a batch of clone only females.

Attachments

• IMG-20240616-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20240616-WA0002.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27

kendermag

Oh and you can't use hemp studies because most of the hemp industry uses tetraploid lines, and we're talking about diploid lines, mainly.
That is not true, and in the studies that I am attaching, there is no reference to tetraploids... They always talk about diploid lines.

In any case, you are assuming too many things as true... and the truth is that the banks that make the feminized seeds we are talking about generally do not do genetic testing on their parents, they do not do PCRs, nor do they know if they are polyploids. , and in many cases they do not even do a simple sexual stability test.

You are assuming that the theory of genetic determinism of Cannabis is perfect and has no gaps, and the reality is that it is far from being completely deciphered.

So many presumptions together are unlikely to lead you to the truth you believe you possess.

On the other hand, you say bluntly that hemp examples cannot be used, and you take the liberty of saying " Cats don't have puppies".

Plants are not animals. Plants have much more varied and complex reproductive mechanisms, and an abysmally more flexible sexuality than cats or puppies.... And nobody is saying that cannabis has peppers

Last edited:

kendermag

Without knowing the mechanisms or theories of all this, in my opinion, a fully quantitative sexual expression fits better with reality.

The probability distribution of sexual phenotypes could be something similar to this (it is just an approximation):

1721747822835.png

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
So because you don't know any of the scientific theories, but are convinced they don't know everything, what I say therefore, when repeating them, must be wrong. But your lack of understanding has lead you to the truth. Brilliant. Let's look at the truth you believe in shall we? We are talking about the genetic inheritance of seeds that have two mothers (including where both are the same plant.) Well that is also called feminised seed. You have a graph up of your beliefs. It's the third one above. Now point me to the f'n males on that graph of your beliefs. Tell me how it says something I haven't.

kendermag

Is the DNA from cannabis deciphered at 100% or not ?
If it's not fully decoded there could be some surprises still hidden in those genes.
I am not even remotely an expert on the subject, but as far as I can understand, it is one thing to be able to sequence all the bases that make up DNA, and quite another to understand the function of each base pair.

These bases are like letters, and groupings of them make up genes.

The DNA of cannabis has been sequenced, and it is estimated that it has 818 and 843 Mb (million bases) respectively for female and male plants, and it is estimated they form about 35 thousand genes.

For example, in sexuality it is believed that between 200 and 300 genes are involved.

It is very difficult to do all this, since you have to compare plants with different characteristicss to identify the part of the DNA that changes from one to another.

We are still very far from deciphering the functions of each gene.

The human genome was deciphered a long time ago, and today is the day that geneticists only understand a few things.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Ok that's what I meant by decipher, knowing what each genes do exactly, we are still very far from knowing the function of each genes being in cannabis or humans. It's a bit over my knowledge in science but it's a very interesting study subject. So we should avoid the big claims and certitude as long as we don't know all the mechanisms at play.

kendermag

So because you don't know any of the scientific theories, but are convinced they don't know everything, what I say therefore, when repeating them, must be wrong. But your lack of understanding has lead you to the truth. Brilliant. Let's look at the truth you believe in shall we? We are talking about the genetic inheritance of seeds that have two mothers (including where both are the same plant.) Well that is also called feminised seed. You have a graph up of your beliefs. It's the third one above. Now point me to the f'n males on that graph of your beliefs. Tell me how it says something I haven't.
1721755530522.png

It's just a representation... but if you look, it has a downward slope, it just touches zero at the end.

I am by no means saying that everything you say is wrong.
I'm just saying that it does not include a very small part of the cases, and that this does not imply that these cases do not exist.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm sorry to be so blunt, but you don't know what you're saying at all.

What you are saying without knowing it is, all cannabis is X to autosome and active Y is irrelevant. I don't need a Y chromosome to have a male, I just need some balls on a plant without pistils and that's male enough for me.

Yeah, that's what I refer to as woke. You don't care what's in the genes, you just wanna label that let's you use it for sex.

A key for future reference:
Qualitative sexual determination = Active Y
Quantitative sexual determination = X to autosome.
What cats have = kittens
What dogs have = puppies
What feminised seed grows = females (some with bollocks).

kendermag

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but you don't know what you're saying at all.

What you are saying without knowing it is, all cannabis is X to autosome and active Y is irrelevant. I don't need a Y chromosome to have a male, I just need some balls on a plant without pistils and that's male enough for me.

Yeah, that's what I refer to as woke. You don't care what's in the genes, you just wanna label that let's you use it for sex.

A key for future reference:
Qualitative sexual determination = Active Y
Quantitative sexual determination = X to autosome.
What cats have = kittens
What dogs have = puppies
What feminised seed grows = females (some with bollocks).
So the advertisement that 99.9% of females is false, they are 100% female.
I am not going to continue discussing this because there will be no way to demonstrate it in practice... and theory for me is just that, theory.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Never seen a bleach advert? Kills 99.9% of germs? Most of the industry is tongue in cheek piss taking other products. GORILLA GLUE , International Cannagraphic, 99.9% female, come on, catch up.

OG619

CSI Humboldts - Irene x Chem91 Male from feminized seeds. I initially thought it may have been a cross contamination of pollen but the variegated leaf fits the Chem profile. I may have to send in a sample for DNA testing.

Attachments

• 20240803_134407.jpg
    20240803_134407.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23

mudballs

Cuz there is no real check or so called 'stopping mechanism'. There's Self-Incompatible (SI) and Self-Compatible...cannabis is self compatible so the genetics just 'tries' to live...if the puzzle pieces fit, fk it, send it out the door

Latest posts

Latest posts