What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Where you headed exactly ThaiBliss?
The drier coffee regions of Costa Rica, to live the Pura Vida!

Thaibliss have you had a chance to smoke some good Lesotho or transkei? Would appreciate to hear how they stack up against good Thai.
I haven't had the pleasure, yet. Very few can even hold a candle to it. It's almost ridiculous to hope to compare. It's not the same as today, but stronger. It was intensely potent, but also a completely different high. You want to compare, but can you compare acid to alcohol? No! Thai Stick was the high water mark of Cannabis, in my opinion and the opinions of many others who were lucky to experience it.

I'd could list these as legends that were comparable, but are also mostly gone:

Neville's Haze Acid Pheno that I grew 16+ years ago.
Jamaican Ganja from the 70's never to be seen, by me, again since the mid 70s.
Sumatran which I've only had once for a few pleasurable months in the early 70s.

It starts to drop off seriously after those but honorable mentions would be Hawaiian, Mexican Red Hair, both last seen in the late 70s or early 80s. Then many of the Colombian strains that so many loved. To be fair, they only became popular when the Mexican and Jamaican sources took a dump and became weak and narcotic. That's the truth of it. But I like my weed as cerebral, clean, euphoric, and as trippy as possible, even if it is a terrifying adrenaline rush for the first hour. You laugh your ass off for the next three hours at how you thought the police were chasing you and how you had to face all your other fears. All that melts away the more you smoke it and it's all pleasure when you can control your ninny self.

Cambodian Red was not especially strong, but such fine quality. In my opinion, kind, easy to enjoy clean strains can still be found. I love the right selection of Bangi Haze. VISC Burmese is very nice. You can get blasted by these, but you have to smoke a joint. The Thai Stick was great at one, two, or three hits, a completely different level of potency. Three hits of Thai Stick could change someone's life.

It's been downhill ever since, but I would have to say that I've acquired a few good Cali and Oregon strains that were special. They got hoarded or outcrossed out of existence, at least for me. I'm guilty also. That is my big heartbreak, because they were bred to be earlier AND still great highs. They were lightly crossed to indica and probably backcrossed to the original sativas. Very rare finds. People afterwards just kept crossing to more indica, or made bad selections for quality of high. Selections were made for entirely commercial reasons, and the great genetics were lost, just like in Mexico and Jamaica, etc. Greed and commercialization killed it all. This thread has been my soapbox for this, and my cry for help in finding the old genetics. It's also a warning if you think the strain you love today will always be around without your help. You need to preserve it, and improve it through inbreeding.

Now that is what i call "comitment to the cause"
LOL. It just happens to coincide with things I want to do anyway, but growing good ganja is always in the equation.
:biggrin:

Bud_Man10

Veteran
I concur, VISC Burmese is a fantastic smoke, not Thai stick quality but pretty damned good!

Peace
BM

Attachments

• D5147DC5-1D4A-41BB-B7C2-C6EEEBC1B078.jpeg
    D5147DC5-1D4A-41BB-B7C2-C6EEEBC1B078.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 20

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Looks a lot like the growth pattern of the HolyHann Maha. Hazs A/CxLeuHann
View Image
View Image

wow Randy. I am drooling here brother. Holy Hahn looks like very asian neville´s haze :D hope my acid haze x namblack/lieu hahn can stand next to it. little info: "Princess Li?u H?nh (Vietnamese: Li?u H?nh Công chúa, ch? Hán: ????)[1][2] is one of The Four Immortals in Vietnamese folk religion, and also a leading figure in the mother goddess cult ??o M?u, in which she governs the celestial realm."

hehe :D simply divine!

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I concur, VISC Burmese is a fantastic smoke, not Thai stick quality but pretty damned good!

Peace
BM

My first grow was with a VISC Burmese cross. Mango I think? I harvested a few weeks early, we'd roll like 2 g joints and it would reliably give an extremely psychedelic effect. I remember watching the stars swim around in the sky like with lsd.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
The LiuHann pollen came from a friend the Nevils is a special cut from a friend. It has been with resin since a seedling. It looks like Thai Stick, just missing the stick. Hope the princess smokes as good as she looks. Smells like hashy gunpowder smoke.
Thanks for the Viet mythology
Her sisters look like open growth Nevils plants.
picture.php

picture.php

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
hola TB.......had kin in coffee region 70’s......we’re setting up shop.....drove 60’s Ford straight 6 /3-tree van down multiple times....remember paneling inside of.....smuggling guns etc......was a rough go of it....primitive compared to today..........

best in quest amigo.....ganj on....

ThaiBliss

Veteran
hola TB.......had kin in coffee region 70’s......we’re setting up shop.....drove 60’s Ford straight 6 /3-tree van down multiple times....remember paneling inside of.....smuggling guns etc......was a rough go of it....primitive compared to today..........
best in quest amigo.....ganj on....
Now that's an adventure. Wow. I'm not built for that. LOL

I just meant to stop by earlier, but I'm sucked back in by the confirmations on the Burmese. If I were God, I would have prevented any indica from entering the U.S. except for that VISC Burmese. If that was the breeding tool for North America and only pure sativa from Thailand, Mexico, Jamaica from their heydays, we would be growing the best weed in the world.

I call Burmese indica because it's early, fat stemmed, fat budded, and fat leaved. The high is pure sativa. OMG, what could have been. I am happy to see that some have experienced it, and hopefully, have preserved it.

I think I should thank Bushy, Wally, and Dubi for their efforts in preserving and spreading the good old school stuff. Wally has been a gentleman, and a true friend. I never interacted with Gypsy, but he should be commended. I'm missing others, but these guys have stood out to me. I'll reach out to others personally.

I also want to defend Bushy. He has taken a lot of crap. My experience with him is that he would not share in pure form the stuff he was holding for others and made promises to. And I begged him. LOL. He did share crosses he made, and I am very thankful to him for that, or I wouldn't have what I have. I don't know the full story, as I wasn't there. In the long view, I ALWAYS regretted hoarding, and NEVER regretted sharing when looking back at the things I've done.

I beg everyone to preserve their genetics. If you grow, you should be paying it forward by inbreeding. You owe it to the world. You are only a caretaker, not the master of the universe. If not inbreeding by genetic strain, inbreed by effect of the high. Stop making the mistake of breeding one type of high with a completely different type of high, and thinking something good will come of it. We have lost so much this way.

ThaiBliss

Red October

The drier coffee regions of Costa Rica, to live the Pura Vida!

I haven't had the pleasure, yet. Very few can even hold a candle to it. It's almost ridiculous to hope to compare. It's not the same as today, but stronger. It was intensely potent, but also a completely different high. You want to compare, but can you compare acid to alcohol? No! Thai Stick was the high water mark of Cannabis, in my opinion and the opinions of many others who were lucky to experience it.

I'd could list these as legends that were comparable, but are also mostly gone:

Neville's Haze Acid Pheno that I grew 16+ years ago.
Jamaican Ganja from the 70's never to be seen, by me, again since the mid 70s.
Sumatran which I've only had once for a few pleasurable months in the early 70s.

It starts to drop off seriously after those but honorable mentions would be Hawaiian, Mexican Red Hair, both last seen in the late 70s or early 80s. Then many of the Colombian strains that so many loved. To be fair, they only became popular when the Mexican and Jamaican sources took a dump and became weak and narcotic. That's the truth of it. But I like my weed as cerebral, clean, euphoric, and as trippy as possible, even if it is a terrifying adrenaline rush for the first hour. You laugh your ass off for the next three hours at how you thought the police were chasing you and how you had to face all your other fears. All that melts away the more you smoke it and it's all pleasure when you can control your ninny self.

Cambodian Red was not especially strong, but such fine quality. In my opinion, kind, easy to enjoy clean strains can still be found. I love the right selection of Bangi Haze. VISC Burmese is very nice. You can get blasted by these, but you have to smoke a joint. The Thai Stick was great at one, two, or three hits, a completely different level of potency. Three hits of Thai Stick could change someone's life.

It's been downhill ever since, but I would have to say that I've acquired a few good Cali and Oregon strains that were special. They got hoarded or outcrossed out of existence, at least for me. I'm guilty also. That is my big heartbreak, because they were bred to be earlier AND still great highs. They were lightly crossed to indica and probably backcrossed to the original sativas. Very rare finds. People afterwards just kept crossing to more indica, or made bad selections for quality of high. Selections were made for entirely commercial reasons, and the great genetics were lost, just like in Mexico and Jamaica, etc. Greed and commercialization killed it all. This thread has been my soapbox for this, and my cry for help in finding the old genetics. It's also a warning if you think the strain you love today will always be around without your help. You need to preserve it, and improve it through inbreeding.

LOL. It just happens to coincide with things I want to do anyway, but growing good ganja is always in the equation.
:biggrin:
thanks so much for that man, I've read loads of your posts and always felt you were very much on point. Seems most of the easily available seeds from breeders all tend to be bred away from the heart thumping fun stuff which is a bit sad because those are the memories I remember the most, "kind" weed is nice but you need a bit of extra pazazz for the stuff to really give your brain a bit of a work out and get your neurons firing!! Introspection isn't a bad thing, it's one of the many things I loved about acid, it made you stronger in the end, I wasn't a fan of ecstacy, felt too fake after the first few times.

H G Griffin

The photos a few posts up inspired me to post my girl here in hopes of some feedback. This is a Neville's Haze on 119f. Can anyone give me an idea of how much longer she has to go?
My life expectancy is only a few more decades, and I'm hoping to see this plant finish before then. ;)

V0c2aAQEzyMeOzAtZ0w4HSCCqRw5BAuO9I5EHtM0.jpg

iGWFfR1yarDoyDMmjkZwslrXH5gxP7wOPb63wAdU.jpg

TIA for any feedback. :bow:

TheDarkStorm

The photos a few posts up inspired me to post my girl here in hopes of some feedback. This is a Neville's Haze on 119f. Can anyone give me an idea of how much longer she has to go?
My life expectancy is only a few more decades, and I'm hoping to see this plant finish before then. ;)

View Image

View Image

HG were have you sourced this nevils from....if im honest it doesn't look like a practical pheno...you can try dropping your light on hours to somewhere between 10-8 hours on and 14-16 dark and it might kick it in to high gear..also try moving your light back a little...but if that dont work, and to me it looks like its highly likely it may not...then the chances are thats a defective pheno caused by inbreeding the Neville's haze...meaning I dont think its come from a genuine f1 ....any idea what your temperatures are in the room (day temp and night temp ) ?

vinrusso

View Image

View Image
That is a crazy Neville pheno. That might be something special.

TheDarkStorm

The LiuHann pollen came from MadMac the Nevils is a special cut from a friend. It has been with resin since a seedling. It looks like Thai Stick, just missing the stick. Hope the princess smokes as good as she looks. Smells like hashy gunpowder smoke.
Thanks for the Viet mythology
Her sisters look like open growth Nevils plants.
View Image
View Image

Looks very nice.... 5ac x luie han......you managed to test this out yet(smoke it) ?

H G Griffin

Thanks, @DarkStorm and @vinrusso.

It was an old freebie from Seedsman that's been in the vault for 4 or 5 years, so I know nothing about it's genealogy. I just figured I'd pop it while it was still viable. I didn't expect to end up with The Eternal Shrubbery. I'm stubborn though, and I want to see this bitch through to the end.

I'd been gradually decreasing the light period up until 100f when I got PO'd and cut it to 8/16. I also decreased the light intensity considerably to try to kickstart a finish.

Temps are between approx 18-26C.

OldCoolSativa

chances are thats a defective pheno caused by inbreeding the Neville's haze

Defective pheno???

Probably not an F1, but maybe an F2 and, regardless of filial generation, clearly a nearly pure haze expression. Remember Nevil's story about his First Haze plant that flowered forever and that he eventually discarded, only to regret it later and for the rest of his life? That's what I see.

I'd be patient and hit a few selected branches with some sativa pollen. Seeds and plant should be ready by the equinox. :)

TheDarkStorm

Thanks, @DarkStorm and @vinrusso.

It was an old freebie from Seedsman that's been in the vault for 4 or 5 years, so I know nothing about it's genealogy. I just figured I'd pop it while it was still viable. I didn't expect to end up with The Eternal Shrubbery. I'm stubborn though, and I want to see this bitch through to the end.

I'd been gradually decreasing the light period up until 100f when I got PO'd and cut it to 8/16. I also decreased the light intensity considerably to try to kickstart a finish.

Temps are between approx 18-26C.

Yeah its one of those selfed ones...theres a chance its a defective pheno...ive seen this happen from a few places that sell nh far from the f1 source..although most of the seedsmans ones were ok... how many weeks in are you ?.... its up to you if you wish to continue...or maybe try it again from clone....but the chances are thats as good as your going to get...you could try feeding it nothing but pk awell......thers a guy on the tube who documented one...look for Neville's haze fail....you'll see what I mean...good luck anyways...hopefully it works out for you.

H G Griffin

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] "how many weeks in are you ?"

4 months. 119 days. Too damn many weeks. :dunno:

I have about another week that I can let her go, but if I don't see any progress after that I may admit defeat. Ah well, I learned from the experience.
[/FONT]

H G Griffin

Defective pheno???

Probably not an F1, but maybe an F2 and, regardless of filial generation, clearly a nearly pure haze expression. Remember Nevil's story about his First Haze plant that flowered forever and that he eventually discarded, only to regret it later and for the rest of his life? That's what I see.

I'd be patient and hit a few selected branches with some sativa pollen. Seeds and plant should be ready by the equinox. :)

Well hell. Now you have me rethinking.

I would love to see an end, but that space is very valuable.

As usual, acquiring knowledge just creates more questions and makes me realize the true extent of my ignorance. The joy and the frustration of an inquiring mind. :)

Thanks so much for your input.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
you managed to test this out yet(smoke it)
Not yet, it's a small plant in only 2 gallon pot.
Originally I started these three in a seed viability test because the seed looked immature and decided to keep these to test the smoke because I had some room.

Thesearch

@HG, hit her up! even if she doesn't fully finish you will still preserve what could be an incredible trip strain.

Can anyone refer me to somewhere that VISC seeds are still available? it seems like their site is down. also reading reports of people getting ripped off by them. I remember smoking some of their strains around 5/6 years ago, the fucking incredible batch I tried was pure greasy pungent goodness. pretty sure I had a burmese haze from them that was one of the best sativas I ever tried. tasted like lychees/rosewater with a citrusy skunk background. high was very stimulating and bright without being angsty. great social stuff. would love to get my hands on their burmese or a burmese x sativa from their burmese. anyone know if the jordan of the islands or bc bud depot's burmese is the same?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts