What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

Im'One

I was gifted some Cambodian/golden tiger cross. Is it a candidate? I got too much going to grow right it out now.

RED 1

Great posts! Turning into the Red Thread. Thanks for the Kalamata Red pics, Red! :biggrin: I couldn't help but jump back in.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Colombian. That Colombian Black, as I called it, that I already mentioned was super potent and great. There were so many varieties from Colombia. A real smorgasbord. The overall theme was a bit narcotic, but in a floaty way. I remember feeling like I had taken Quaaludes. Floating around like my head was in a fish bowl and not feeling like I was using my legs, just arriving at whatever destination I desired. I especially loved the Punto Rojo (red) and Mango Biche. We only knew it as Colombian, but thanks to Red Rider's pictures, I can say with confidence that this was what I was smoking. Both Punto Rojo and Mango Biche had red color, as well as green, gold, and brown. They weren't as red as Panama Red. Most had the Colombo Gold as the best, but I'm a different quirky dude.

O.K., back to Panama Red. I was gifted some Angola Red seeds. I gave some to a friend who grew them. Like Kokomarin, he declared them Panama Red, and I believe him. This guy is at least ten years older than I, and a heavy smoker throughout his life. He lives in Colorado. They have an event they call the Super Bowl to exhibit their strains. He thought it would easily win the competition they had at that event. So he regarded it highly, to say the least. And this was grown indoors. This is another disagreement I have with others. I should say that I have always thought outdoor weed was superior to indoor, until I grew the Neville's Haze freak (acid) pheno indoors and it was the best weed of my long life. Sorry Thai Stick. Please forgive me my holy one. No one is ever going to talk me out of Thai Stick not being part of the genetic history of Neville's Haze, even if Neville rose from the grave and told me himself (RIP).

Here is the funny thing. I've heard it suggested that Angola Red might have actually come from Cuba, just north of Jamaica. There has been a strong relationship between Cuba and Angola. I know Cuba has sent aid to that country as well as many others to build relationships as they have been strangled by U.S. sanctions for a very long time over their willingness to accept nuclear ballistic missiles from Russia to target the U.S. The U.S. government powers that be have held a incredible long term grudge over it. Wouldn't it be funny if the genetics came from Cuba to Angola, to Colombia/Panama. This Cannabis stuff really gets around, and I wouldn't doubt it.

Now for the real kicker. I've also heard speculation that Panama Red was actually from Costa Rica mostly. LMAO! So the point is that perhaps the equator is a perfectly excellent place to grow world class weed, though I still liked Thai Stick above all others and the home would be closer to 20 degrees off the equator than the equator itself. I've applied for my passport because I have to try!!! 9 or 10 degrees sounds like a reasonable compromise. Hahahaha. I crack myself up (or just cracked :crazy:).

Rampant Speculator ThaiBliss. Apparently, I'm obsessed and have too much free time to think.
It's always been a trip weed thread my friend
Just happens I have a liking for trip weed,and,in 3yrs of growing managed to grow a few good ones
Most intense,"dangerous",and,addictive trip,came from an extremely potent G13

RED 1

Just happens I have a liking for trip weed,and,in 3yrs of growing managed to grow a few good ones

picture.php

picture.php

Thesearch

most stimulating strain I have tried so far, more then the golden tiger I tried, was a malawi x g13 cross that had string thin sugar leaves. I was half drunk and it still sent me into straight anxiety and sent me home. And I have had my blood THC levels consistently test above readable machine limits... I couldnt deal with it then, but I cant stop thinking about it now

ThaiBliss

Veteran
most stimulating strain I have tried so far, more then the golden tiger I tried, was a malawi x g13 cross that had string thin sugar leaves. I was half drunk and it still sent me into straight anxiety and sent me home. And I have had my blood THC levels consistently test above readable machine limits... I couldnt deal with it then, but I cant stop thinking about it now
LMAO! That's how it is when you first come across some. "Couldn't deal with it then, but can't stop thinking about it now."

Montuno - Thanks for your post. This is why I love ICMAG. You get perspective. Looking forward to those pictures of the Costa Rican Talamanqueña.

I've got some very wishful thinking or great news. My only two plants from this year are:

Laos (AKA Super Loas, Golden Laos, BLB Laos) x
Gypsy Thai Stick x Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness

Some of the Laos pistils appear as though they might have been pollinated by the Gypsy Thai stick cross!
:dance013:
:bow:
:yay:
:headbange

I'm subscribing to what I consider the most likely theory of the early flowering this year, that the Gypsy Thai cross has root-bound induced flowering and hermaphrodism. The Laos isn't really flowering, but does have some pistils which appeared about 60 days earlier than last year.

If these seeds ripen, I will consider them my most valuable seeds for Costa Rica. Maybe I can establish a beachhead for the preservation of the most precious strains I've ever come across in 50 plus years of smoking.

ThaiBliss

RED 1

My best mate called and joined him,for morning coffee 2 Sundays ago
Had a childhood friend of his visiting, so combined smoking years,70/80?
Took G13,for first smoke test,to share and get their opinion
After 3/4 puffs, felt it, and,knew this was not going to end up good
My best mate turned white, curled up on the sofa, his defence, on a bad trip?, was getting verbally abusive.Asked us to leave
The other guy, head down, tears in his eyes
I was numb, and,started getting angry.Left with the feeling that at my age I cannot be bothered to deal with this shit
Next day, drove 250 km to see my girlfriend of 10yrs.She doesn't know that I smoke
Had a morning joint, three hours later was tripping under the sun 35C,shivering,tense,didn't stay for too long, again anger build up
My mouth is constantly numb.Shutting eyelids when standing up, after the count of three,I lose my balance.Day or night
Can't share her
After the weekend,I'm putting her away for some time

Montuno

...como el Son...
(...)
As for "tica" marijuana (as we other Hispanics call Costa Ricans), several tico growers have told me about local landrace "Talamanqueña", of which the grower Sukia aka Talamanca has shared beautiful photos in the Topical Seeds Company forum: I will look for them to share them here...

Here, Talamanca aka Sukia showin' his Talamanqueña x Hawaian Sativa cross... I'm searchin: for pure Talamanqueña pics...

https://www.tropicalseedscompany.co...gardens-crop-diary/4563-indoor-tropical/page4

PetRock

Santa Maria F8 No Mercy seeds
75% sativa
About 50 days into flowering

Growing inside a fridge with leds.
Hope she will be like the good ol'days in the dutch coffee shop.
Stay hungry, stay foolish and stay very trippy!!!
Cheers!

RED 1

Killer A5 Haze

Killer A5 Haze

Old Killer Malawi x Haze A outdoor grow at 38N,currently tripping at 56N
picture.php

picture.php

Breadwizard

I'm stoked about this one: I have done a few experimental crosses for trip weed candidates, and popped a few of the most immature looking seeds that still appeared viable (you know, the white ones that you know won't store). I now have a declared female First Lady (krinkle leaf pheno) x zamaldelica (thai/zam pheno) growing on the patio. I'm not going to let her get big, but I'm really digging the look soft far, and I have high hopes. The first lady is visual, but pretty short lived, which I think is due to extreme inbreeding, but shows well in outcrosses, she has a very pepper spicy smell in veg, which has transferred to the offspring. The zamaldelica stud was the thinnest leaf from the whole pack, and has shown to pass on some nice traits.
picture.php

Since the picture was taken, it's declared via preflowers, and has jumped up a few nodes because I put her in a bigger pot. as flowering begins, the leaves are thinning out even more.
(Edit: more recent pic)
picture.php

Last edited:

biesel

Here's GWS from serious I think anyway the thing is a cup winner make you trip like seeing circles and melting)

Attachments

• 20201015_170618.jpg
    20201015_170618.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 25

Thesearch

Here's GWS from serious I think anyway the thing is a cup winner make you trip like seeing circles and melting)

you get this recently or been holding it for years? had white rhino back in the day that did both of those things to me.

romanoweed

at everyone: has anyone ever seen an old Laos Strain in a Pic?

I would love to just know how these look. Never seen 70s Laos..
Only Thai, Cambod, Viet

Latest posts

Latest posts