What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
The LiuHann pollen came from MadMac the Nevils is a special cut from a friend. It has been with resin since a seedling. It looks like Thai Stick, just missing the stick. Hope the princess smokes as good as she looks. Smells like hashy gunpowder smoke.
Thanks for the Viet mythology
Her sisters look like open growth Nevils plants.
View Image
View Image

yeah thats classic structure. this is namblack x lieu hahn, trippy stuff
picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well hell. Now you have me rethinking.

I would love to see an end, but that space is very valuable.

As usual, acquiring knowledge just creates more questions and makes me realize the true extent of my ignorance. The joy and the frustration of an inquiring mind. :)

Thanks so much for your input.

Pick a few higher leaves and smoke them. If it has potential it should show there. If not then scrap it.

H G Griffin

Just went and grabbed a closeup before the lights go out. She doesn't look like hemp, anyway. :)

I also trimmed a few branches/vines off and will see how they smoke or vape after a dry.

emZeL05p0L5HGLTa4AYfFy8de0OtjZzXWhJ76NMF.jpg

xerb

VISC Burmese revisited

VISC Burmese revisited

Mr Bliss, this thread has been a fine, fine trip!

I wonder if maybe the reason that there is so much average weed out there is because not many people can discern the really fantastic weed when they smoke it.

Many do not even notice the different highs! or Lows...

VISC Burmese is an example. For over 20 years I have nurtured this strain and kept it pure, making seeds every couple years.
Tried crossing it with many things, but it always lost something...

The high is the most creative and thought provoking I have ever experienced. A couple tokes and a soak in the hot tub never fails to inspire my creative side and i often get so excited about some new idea, I just have to share it with someone!

As far as potency, I think the average plant is just right for me.

One or two tokes is typically a functional high, I can still work.

Three tokes and I am a basket case and will not be getting anything done in a timely manner. Even washing dishes is way, way more time consuming.

Having grown out hundreds of these plants over the years, I do remember one in particular that was an absolute terror.

It was so strong that one hit put me into the trip zone.

There was just no moderating it. That first hit was a TKO !

That's why I say the average potency is just fine for me.

Because it was so strong I saved it for special occasions and smoked up all the others first.

Go figure, Xerb

xerb

South East Asian Strain - to remain nameless

South East Asian Strain - to remain nameless

My number #2 go to strain is a very unique SE Asian sativa I bought from a Canadian breeder over 20 years ago.

It produces huge buds in only 12 weeks and ripens outdoors in Northern California about October 31.

But what makes this strain so unique is the high and the smell.

Of all the strains I have ever smoked, this is the happiest, most pleasant high, it makes the smoker vivacious and talkative. It is the perfect party weed - but it is also very strong.

Just five good hits produces audio hallucinations in many people and I have never seen ANYBODY finish a good size joint - even experienced smokers park it in the ashtray long before finishing it.

In a party setting, after sharing many different types of weed, and feeling rather dull, when this one comes out, people notice and start asking "What was that?". It cuts right through the fog and lifts you to a new energy level, the conversation starts buzzing again.

I had a friend mention a big joint of this stuff we had passed around - 5 years earlier at a big party - and he smokes every day!

That same party, I had to go outside and walk around for a bit - I was sooo high!

This strain has the most complex and pleasing nose of any weed I have tried - period. It is a smell you will never forget. Many individuals have a pronounced chrysanthemum like component to the smell.

Talk about coming full circle, I recently spoke with the breeder about this strain. He has lost it, and has been spending all his time and efforts trying to get back to the original! When I told him I still had the original strain, I don't think he believed me.
His strain is now quite diluted and contains genetics from all around the world!

Having two pure world class sativas, you would think the breeding possibilities would be boundless, but I have yet to improve on either one.

It is very interesting to me that both these strains exhibit genetic aberrations: Tufts of buds growing from the bases of fan leaves, beautiful jade-green variegation, etc

Xerb

Nexus7

The photos a few posts up inspired me to post my girl here in hopes of some feedback. This is a Neville's Haze on 119f. Can anyone give me an idea of how much longer she has to go?
My life expectancy is only a few more decades, and I'm hoping to see this plant finish before then. ;)

View Image

View Image
TIA for any feedback. :bow:

Stop feeding, stop watering, pick off green leaves, give more red/less blue spectrum, drop temps and finally seed her up if she doesn't bloom.

I think this is more due to nutrition and environment rather than supposed faulty flowering genes.

Either way you have a beauty on your hands for sure!

xerb

A freebie from ACE bears fruit

A freebie from ACE bears fruit

I recently received a couple of packs of Old Timers Haze as a freebie. The first time I grew them out, I was totally unimpressed. It was a very slow sexing, very long flowering sativa.
The high was clean and mild, but not very strong. The flavor and smell were subdued as well (maybe I should have let it go another 4 weeks).

The second time around I had an accident, one of the Old Timers Haze I thought was a female, produced pollen along side a mix of different things I had just picked up - Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger, Red Sapphire, and a Purple Pine Berry. Oops.

On my next grow, I got a volunteer from this crossing. I let it grow and am very pleased with the resulting bud.
This cross was WAY stronger, both high and smell than either of the parent strains and the high is amazing.

After a big toke an immediate electric energy encircles the head, the pressure points seem to be in a halo outside the head - literally mind expanding. I had a feeling as if I was only using a small part of my minds potential. Almost immediately my buddy commented he really liked the high. We cruised for an hour or so on that first couple of hits, I was able to work on my boat only slightly impaired - but very pleasantly high. The second round produced the same feeling of power - as if synapses were firing outside my skull and high voltage surging through my brain. I then drank a couple "Bubble Stash" IPA, the landing was smooth and clean. I can hardly wait to try a bigger dose!

Although this was volunteer, I am sure I have many more seeds of the same cross. The moral of this story:

Never leave a boy unattended with your girls - especially in the dark!

I love pollinating the girls, but I like to be in control! Xerb

xerb

An indica to die for

An indica to die for

I am a Sativa guy. Love the cerebral effects.

I have to tell you about the ACE Seeds "Red Sapphire".
This is the most pleasant indica I think I have ever smoked.
It puts a HUGE smile on your face and within a few minutes your eye-lids are at half mast.

The first time I smoked it, my girlfriend said "I don't think I have ever seen you so high"!! BUT I wasn't high - I was just relaxed.
OK, maybe a little high, I was definitely enjoying the ride and grinning like a fool!

Great peaceful, relaxation of body and mind on this one. Top notch! Xerb

Mimpi Manis

Mr Xerb said:
That same party, I had to go outside and walk around for a bit - I was sooo high!

Yeh... remember a few of them from back in the day. Sounds like you have something there. Hope its getting out in the world a bit. A good read Mr Xerb.

PS: When do those strains come in?

Montuno

...como el Son...
The drier coffee regions of Costa Rica, to live the Pura Vida!

I think you mean Guanacaste area; don't you? A tico ("Costa Rican" in Hispánic jargon) friend of mine always spoke very well of the climate of that area, as well as the "Talamancan" landrace (but it originated in the Limon area).
Unfortunately, according to their news from there, it is very difficult to obtain Talamancan sativa, but "cripa", and the outdoor cultivation is full of risks (at least a couple of years ago) both by thieves and by the police...

Saludos a tod@s l@s tic@s y a mi amigo Sukia aka Talamanca.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I think you mean Guanacaste area; don't you? A tico ("Costa Rican" in Hispánic jargon) friend of mine always spoke very well of the climate of that area, as well as the "Talamancan" landrace (but it originated in the Limon area).
Unfortunately, according to their news from there, it is very difficult to obtain Talamancan sativa, but "cripa", and the outdoor cultivation is full of risks (at least a couple of years ago) both by thieves and by the police...

Saludos a tod@s l@s tic@s y a mi amigo Sukia aka Talamanca.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Hola Montuno - I'm looking at the Alajuela province near San Jose, cooler due to altitude, and in the rain shadow of the Paos volcano. Micro climates from topography is important.

VISC Burmese - I have a friend who didn't follow my lead and quit after a few hits. He cherishes good tasting weed, which Burmese is. I could see one of his eyes got more dilated than the other. Not a good sign. Jehe. He told me later that he was at home crawling around on the floor crying. When I was laughing about it, he gave me a serious deadpan look and said "it wasn't funny". I thought he was telling a funny story and embellishing it. Sorry buddy, I still laugh at that. I don't think he likes strong sativa.
:laughing:

ThaiBliss

Im'One

I have the Manipur, urkul, zacastecas tribute, Kerala, mangobiche, some Vietnamese black, some Cambodian-haze cross, KULLU, but no Hawaiian. Would you recommend I get some?
Also what's the best source of zamaldelica?

Bud_Man10

Veteran
VISC Burmese - I have a friend who didn't follow my lead and quit after a few hits. He cherishes good tasting weed, which Burmese is. I could see one of his eyes got more dilated than the other. Not a good sign. Jehe. He told me later that he was at home crawling around on the floor crying. When I was laughing about it, he gave me a serious deadpan look and said "it wasn't funny". I thought he was telling a funny story and embellishing it. Sorry buddy, I still laugh at that. I don't think he likes strong sativa.
:laughing:

ThaiBliss

I love when that happens! LOL

Peace
BM

Montuno

...como el Son...
I have the Manipur, urkul, zacastecas tribute, Kerala, mangobiche, some Vietnamese black, some Cambodian-haze cross, KULLU, but no Hawaiian. Would you recommend I get some?
Also what's the best source of zamaldelica?

As far as I know, Zamaldelica is a hybrid of Golden Tiger * Zamal from A.C.E. (Asociación de Cultivadores Españoles), and only they make it (?).

Breadwizard

On the zamaldelica front, here's my own little tripweed hopeful cross, first lady (krinkle pheno) x zamaldelica (thai/zamal pheno) at 4ish weeks flowering, brought to flower as soon as it sexed (I was doing a germination test of a few seeds), it seems the first lady passed on shorter innernode distances. Resin starting to form, with a spicy-pepper, tropical astringent fruit smell, with an undertone of carrot/root veg from the zam father. I'm really stoked about it so far, and love the structure.
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Nice plant Breadwizard

As I go through all my personal possessions, I came across an old polaroid of a pure Afghani plant. It was quite a specimen. I just kick myself for having had a habit of pinching the tops of plants for no good reason. I never saw what this might of looked like in it's natural state except for an old photo of an Afghani from Charles Schultz's Plants of the Gods. Here is the picture of my plant:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I thought you guys would appreciate what indica looked like before it was crossed to sativa. Pure indica is hard to find these days.

ThaiBliss

xerb

If it ain't Colombian - you sure fooled me!

If it ain't Colombian - you sure fooled me!

I have grown out the strain called Chem Dawg a few times. These plants were all cuttings from friends or clubs.

I was never impressed with the health and vigor of those cutting.
The end product was unimpressive as well.

BUT, I recently received a pack of 10 Chem Dawg beans as a freebie. I grew them all outside in the California sun.

They all matured early.

Planted inside June 1st, planted outside July 10 about 2 feet tall, they got be about 6-7 feet tall when done.

All four were finished between October 1 and 15th.
The smell while growing was mild and seemed rather bland, a little spice maybe, but no skunk at all. They got hung with the rest and forgotten for a bit.

Of the four females one proved to be really exceptional.

She tastes GREAT and is mentally devastating.
I can't believe that a plant with so little smell can taste so great.

I recognized the taste immediately.

It was the good Colombian we were getting in San Francisco back in the seventies.

The first time I tried this girl, I took three good hits. The high was immediate, but kept building, peaking and peaking for the next hour or more.

I was alone in a mountain meadow without another person for miles, relaxing in nature. Mellow as can be.

SUDDENLY, after 3 tokes,

I am having the most paranoid thoughts!

Where is my babysitter? Whaaaa!

In my mind, this is total trip weed. I had gone somewhere else, out of my head, friggin' smashed. I was a nervous, frightened, anti-social, NERD. Who dresses me anyway?

Wow, pretty sure this could be called a terror inducing Sativa, eh?

I promise to take a few bong rips and get back to you later with a second report on the effects.

What good is having a beer to bring you back to earth if you forget to drink it? It's good ballast, ya know?

Xerb

Latest posts

Latest posts