What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

Bushweed: Thank you, sir, I blush. May be more due to to the plant I'm holding, though! :tongue:

Re trippy: For me, weed that sends you on a powerful brain trip, seeing solutions, etc, is NOT what I call trippy, though it's my favourite type. I call that sort of high "cerebral". A very close relative is what I call "warrior weed", the sort of stuff you want to have at hand if you're leading a demo or a revolution, or having to address a huge gathering, makes you see why being brave is the only thing that makes sense. Love this stuff, too.

For me trippy, is when you actually hallucinate stuff that's not there, a mild form of it is when you see people's faces as cartoons, or caricatures of themselves, in stronger forms you can see or believe whole scenarios that are not there...

I remember someone on this board telling the story of how he went through his friend's old school photos, remembering who everybody was. When he sobered up he realised that he didn't even go to that school! Another example was someone staying at a remote lake in Malawi. It was idyllic, except he was bothered by the occasional low-flying jet-liner that was taking off. Later he realised he was hundreds of miles from the nearest airport! Now, that's trippy!!! :biggrin:

For this reason, trippy weed (as defined above) is not really my favourite, though it does have its its time and place (rarely), when you want to be entertained by how weird the human mind can be. For me, it's warrior weed and cerebral weed all the way FTW! That stuff really improves my quality of life, the rest is just harmless entertainment.

What pure sativas would you classify warrior, cerebral, trippy?

Oh Boy! Now you've really got me going.
:laughing:

First of all, I do know what you are talking about with regards to tolerance. I had a strain once, that was mightily impressive. I put soo many dicks in the dirt with that stuff. It made your head swim. The problem was that if you smoked it more than once a week, it would seem pretty average.

I have had many other strains that were also very good where there was no noticeable tolerance build up at all. Every time we smoked it, it was killer good. I know that the weed of my youth was so good because I grew what may have been the best I ever smoked only ten years ago. Ten years is a relatively short time ago since I have been smoking for more than forty five years.
:biggrin:

I think the situation with regards to my tolerance is exactly the opposite of what you are surmising. When I was much younger, and getting very potent Thai Sticks, Jamaican, and Colombians, I was smoking several times a day. During high school, I smoked two joints on the way to school, smoked two joints at lunch, and smoked two joints after dinner. That was when I had shitty pot. I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. If I had Thai Stick, it was more like two hits at each time of day.

Now that I am older, I smoke three hits about once every month or two. If it doesn't get me blasted, I throw that weed away. I don't tolerate the bland, average, or crappy weed anymore. It is a waste of my time and energy. I smoke to feel good and make me forget my pain, not to "relax". When you get old, relaxing is way too easy. Staying interested and thrilled is the hard part. I've only grown one killer good weed in ten years, and have only smoked other peoples killer weed about three times in the last ten years. Twenty years ago, I found really good weed at least once every year. Before that, I'd find great weed multiple times a year. I consider it a great tragedy that all the weed has become very average. You really don't know what you have been missing. The real problem may be that my standards have become more strict. It has to be at the level of what I grew up on, or it is too average for my tastes. I probably discount, or forget all the real shitty weed I was smoking when I was young. But I remember well enough to realize that the average quality has increased in the last few decades. Unfortunately, it is at the expense of having the very high quality weeds around.

Another possible "tolerance" type of situation that I sincerely believe in, is that couch-lock smokers are infused with a cannabinoid or other chemical in some weed that moderates the high somehow. Heavy use of couch-lock must prevent the full experience of THC. Daily smokers of couch-lock just don't seem to be able to distinguish the subtle differences of different kinds of highs. These subtle differences are not so subtle to me because I have smoked it all. When I was young, Indica was very rare, weed came to me from all over the world, and now Indica hybridized is well over 90% of what I can find, and is almost always domestic. I rarely smoke weed from other parts of the world. I think if I found a pure Indica, I would be pleasantly surprised, but of course it is far down on my list of priorities.

I have a young friend who is a very talented grower, but thinks most pot is very similar and it is all about taste and aroma with him. When I find something exceptional, I'm going to ask/plead with him to abstain for a week before trying to smoke the good stuff, and only smoke the good stuff for the next week after that. It is my belief that this will turn him into a trip weed aficionado. He will never be able to smoke weed again without a discerning eye for quality. This is going to be my little experiment with my couch-lock blood pollution theory.

I really yearn to share some truly great weed with all the doubters out there. I'm hoping that when it is legal, I'll be able to show as many people as possible, because I believe that educating people will change the market. Also, more people growing without commercial interests in mind will change the landscape.

Keep on Tripping,

ThaiBliss

After trying multiple imported supposedly pure sativas and one domestic mangobiche. 2 stood out, imported lesotho and thai. The shroomy, clear headed, mystical, euphoric, soaring feeling, timeless, peaceful, enchanting high was unlike any cannabis I have ever had, these 2 should be classified as a totally different plant. The thai was so strong, I was tripping from one hit, and it looked like shwag, seedy and leafy too.

I dont use weed anymore because I cant stand hybrids, it doesnt get me high, I realised this after trying lesotho and thai, now thats a high. As soon as i can grow some pure sativas though... Cant wait

Oh and I'm in my 20s , I don't think people my age will appreciate a strong trippy sativa even if they tried it, I think allot of them dont even believe it exists. I think they like feeling opiated, I once had a friend try some imported swazi herb, he just smoked a bit and didn't like it, he said it didnt get him stoned, it got him high but he wnted that doped up valium like stone, though the swazi had a really bland high, but the lesotho though, its like you entered a differnt universe and were in a very cosmic mind state, its really special, though the thai was way stronger and shroomier but also much more mellow

Both very mystical, evrything seemed so mystical and enchanting, no drug has ever done this before. I dont do shrooms any more, and why would i, when these plants are still on earth thank god

:plant grow:

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The closest cannabis can come to LSD is found in sativas and in Thais IMO and no matter how strong they maybe your still not going to see little green men and if you are it is time to hang the pipe up.

romanoweed

each has its own experience. my best weed experiences were stronger than any other substance i tried. in every aspect. thats my 100 percent honest sentence. propper term for it is ;Hallucinogenic. seeing things

Lolo94

What pure sativas would you classify warrior, cerebral, trippy?

I would cassify old school Swazi as warrior weed. It gives you the motivation to get up off your butt and makes difficult things seem easier. Conversely it makes you irritable sitting on your butt. Here's a recent example from yesterday: Smoked 3 hits of indoor grown Swazi (cured since May). Attempted to do last minute online Christmas shopping that I had totally forgotten about (a mistake). Couldn't concentrate on this simple task, got totally distracted thinking about other things and felt like all my synapses were firing at once. Became paranoid that I'd screwed up the order and address and had to double check it multiple times. After spending 15 minutes doing what should have been done in less than 5 minutes, I started working out doing bodyweight circuit training for 45 minutes or so. The energy of the high matched the exertion of the exercise and it was created a clear focus. Eventually had to stop because I could feel a little soreness in my shoulders (Unfortunate reality of being over 50). Still had plenty of energy, so ended up going on a walk for the next hour or so. By this time the energy had calmed down enough to start cleaning house. after 3.5 hours or so the high faded away. I did have to check my Christmas order one last time afterwards to make absolutely sure I didn't screw it up.
I couldn't imagine smoking weed that glued me to the couch now. The older you get the easier it is to do that on your own.

As far as trippy weed, the trippiest I tried was in the hills of Northwestern Thailand. It was only one time, so I'm not sure if part of it was setting induced. The strength/effect matched that of some of the best mushrooms I've had. It alternated between tearful laughter, paranoia, and deep introspection and seemed to last all night. My trekking partners were seriously pissed that I kept them awake.

Not sure exactly what the cerebral effects are.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
at everyone: has anyone ever seen an old Laos Strain in a Pic?

I would love to just know how these look. Never seen 70s Laos..
Only Thai, Cambod, Viet
Romanoweed - The Thai and Laos strains look very much alike. The best thread for pictures of these S.E. Asian beauties, IMHO, is Kangtiva's "The Thai":
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4585297#post4585297

Here is Kangtiva's selected Gypsy Thai Stick crossed with Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness. It is 50% Gypsy Thai Stick selected by Kangtiva. This particular one was selected by me for the most Thai looking and smelling phenotype. I smoked and grew Thai stick back in the 70s. The look, smell, and highs are burned into my memory because of the unbelievably strong and high quality highs:
picture.php

picture.php

Here is pure Laos collected by a friend of someone I trust, Donald Mallard, grown in the tropics, and photographed by Donald:
picture.php

I love the recent posts focusing on descriptions of Thai/Laos plants, and the highs they have.

My selected plant, a male, self pollinated and has a few seeds. I plan on using these males to cross to the few remaining Laos seeds I have. Both are so precious to me.

There are some calyx clusters with resin on them. The plant reeks of Thai goodness, surprisingly so. Much more than last year, probably due to the good weather this year and the earlier start. In a few weeks I'm going to smoke test them. I don't expect much, due to the growing conditions, but I'll be ecstatic if it even is an inkling of what Thai Stick was.

ThaiBliss

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Absolutely gorgeous looking plants...love those long, thin leaves! I too remember that 70’s Thai stick...to this day (50 years) it’s still the best pot I’ve ever smoked, emblazoned into my memory as well ThaiBlis...hope you find something close to it Brutha!

Romanoweed - The Thai and Laos strains look very much alike. The best thread for pictures of these S.E. Asian beauties, IMHO, is Kangtiva's "The Thai":
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4585297#post4585297

Here is Kangtiva's selected Gypsy Thai Stick crossed with Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness. It is 50% Gypsy Thai Stick selected by Kangtiva. This particular one was selected by me for the most Thai looking and smelling phenotype. I smoked and grew Thai stick back in the 70s. The look, smell, and highs are burned into my memory because of the unbelievably strong and high quality highs:
View Image
View Image

Here is pure Laos collected by a friend of someone I trust, Donald Mallard, grown in the tropics, and photographed by Donald:
View Image

I love the recent posts focusing on descriptions of Thai/Laos plants, and the highs they have.

My selected plant, a male, self pollinated and has a few seeds. I plan on using these males to cross to the few remaining Laos seeds I have. Both are so precious to me.

There are some calyx clusters with resin on them. The plant reeks of Thai goodness, surprisingly so. Much more than last year, probably due to the good weather this year and the earlier start. In a few weeks I'm going to smoke test them. I don't expect much, due to the growing conditions, but I'll be ecstatic if it even is an inkling of what Thai Stick was.

ThaiBliss

I want to believe its a pure sativa but i dont know if I can. I got weird feelings right now

Mimpi Manis

ThaiBliss said:
I smoked and grew Thai stick back in the 70s. The look, smell, and highs are burned into my memory because of the unbelievably strong and high quality highs.

You got that right. My experience to a tee. Absolute benchmark cannabis strain IMHO. Ditto your thoughts re Mr Mallard. Absolute gentleman.

Dr.King

Veteran
Hey all, I wonder how the Thai Stick from the 70s holds up to Ace seeds Thai Stick. I know not to many people have grow her out properly so the smoke reports very here and there. The seeds are no longer available so to the people that have how does it compare? Thanks and happy growing.

ThaiBliss said:

You got that right. My experience to a tee. Absolute benchmark cannabis strain IMHO. Ditto your thoughts re Mr Mallard. Absolute gentleman.

Mimpi Manis

Dr Kng said:
Hey all, I wonder how the Thai Stick from the 70s holds up to Ace seeds Thai Stick. I know not to many people have grow her out properly so the smoke reports very here and there. The seeds are no longer available so to the people that have how does it compare? Thanks and happy growing.

Not sure if this was post was directed at me for a response... but just in case:
Haven't smoked real Thai stick in a long while. But it's not something you forget. That stuff is the business. Not having tried any other versions, Ace in particular, would be difficult to offer much in the way of decent comparison. I reckon a few others in this place could chime in tho? Maha, Mr Mallard, Dubi and a few others perhaps? Sadly I'm not able to offer much in this regard. Maybe we could ask here: "OK you guys, which one of you smoked some real deal Thai Stick recently... and how did it compare"?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
laos x mangohz
picture.php

Wow! Really nice. I know Donald thinks highly of his both his Mango Haze and the Loas. I haven't tried Mango Haze yet, but I got to take some seeds of that with me. I know I've asked him, probably more than once, but I think the Laos is a cleaner high, with no hangover, but both really strong. I wouldn't mind hearing it again Wally.

The only success I've ever had growing something like Thai Stick, was... well, Thai Stick, and a special Neville's Haze pheno that I believe people refer to as the "Acid Pheno". I've seen some Zamaldelica phenos that look very much like the pictures I posted of the Gypsy Thai Stick cross and Laos. I haven't hit on a Thai pheno high yet. I've only gotten the very spooky highs which are like Thai but lacking the exhilarating/speedy euphoria. I believe Yoss33 has. Everyone should check out his grows.

All smoke reports should be taken with a grain of salt, as these S.E. Asian plants are extremely difficult to grow outside the subtropics or tropics. I'm been trying my whole long life, and have only had success a couple of times. The scarcity of these genetics hasn't helped much. I'm not the best grower, so that's why I'm heading to the tropics. LOL

Merry Christmas Everyone. All the Best in the search!

ThaiBliss

Red October

Thaibliss have you had a chance to smoke some good Lesotho or transkei? Would appreciate to hear how they stack up against good Thai.

potty1

View Image

All smoke reports should be taken with a grain of salt, as these S.E. Asian plants are extremely difficult to grow outside the subtropics or tropics. I'm been trying my whole long life, and have only had success a couple of times. The scarcity of these genetics hasn't helped much. I'm not the best grower, so that's why I'm heading to the tropics. LOL

ThaiBliss

Now that is what i call "comitment to the cause" :headbanger:
:bow: