What's new

Zamaldelica

Common Sense

A classic-looking phenotype from the feminized version @Common Sense :)
Glad the sweet, fruity terpenes are strong and the resin sticky! How many days has she been flowering?
Zamaldelica fem version's genetic recipe has not changed in all these years.
Hello @dubi , the pictures are 42 days after switch to 11/13. But before that, there was a first 11/13 period of 24 days, followed by another 24 days with 3.5h of light during nighttime. So, a little difficult to judge and either day 90 or day 42. From the appearance, I would say she is somewhere in between and from my impression during flower development, she is of the fast finishing type. I will watch closely for mold and go by the trichomes.No amber, yet. Maybe 2 to 3 more weeks?
In general, I have seen rather premature browning of the stigmas in this tent, even in the new growth, especially in the Super Congo (see thread below), much less on the New Caledonia. Don't know where that comes from. No signs of bananas or pollination anywhere.

Common Sense

From what I see, the ripening is equally distributed, even in the shady areas. Temperatures are between 29 (mostly 27-28) during the day and around 21-22 °C in the mornings before light. There have been a couple hotter days when I was gone, temps might have gone a little over 30 then. Humidity is 65-72%, due to the wet weather.
I have a fan inside causing slight motion of the leafs.
Light is 125 W LED from Migro.
I mixed the soil a bit too rich, but now watering with EC 0.7-0.8 (tap water comes with 0.5) at pH 6.0 to 6.5 seems to suit their needs and compensate for that. Just pHed water for a while led to signs of potassium deficiency in some leafs, so I am adding a bit of 3+7+8 mineral NPK fertilizer.

My fem Zamaldelica at 79 days of flower. Single plant topped and trained to an 8 branched bush, organically grown in soil in a 50L fabric pot. Over-ripe mango and other fruity notes. The plant has been notably healthier than other plants grown in same conditions. Just a luscious, voluptuous beauty. Judging by mass, it’s close, even though she’s still flowering heavily. Risk of mold with buds this dense is high, I would think.

Attachments

• IMG_3306.jpeg
    IMG_3306.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3308.jpeg
    IMG_3308.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 141

Sensistar42

My fem Zamaldelica at 79 days of flower. Single plant topped and trained to an 8 branched bush, organically grown in soil in a 50L fabric pot. Over-ripe mango and other fruity notes. The plant has been notably healthier than other plants grown in same conditions. Just a luscious, voluptuous beauty. Judging by mass, it’s close, even though she’s still flowering heavily. Risk of mold with buds this dense is high, I would think.
How long of veg for that bug of pot did you do?

I have a question about ripeness. I'm an indoor grower in a legal jurisdiction in the US. Growing in a closet with good ventilation, no CO2. I typically run four plants each in a separate 15 gallon pot of organic soil under LEDs, for personal use. I returned to growing about 5 years ago after my state legalized growing for personal use.

This is my second time growing the Zamaldelica feminized strain. Having never grown a true sativa before, I harvested the first plant last year at about 11 weeks, which was a couple of weeks later than the other plants in the room. The effect was the best of everything I grew that run, but not the powerful effect I was hoping for. I did not understand the need to let these run longer to fully mature; I came up growing hybrids with the fear of ruining the harvest by waiting too long.

This time, I let it run well beyond the other plants. The Panama actually was harvested between 11 and 12 weeks. The Zamaldelica was still going strong. It's now at 13 weeks. The plant has been trouble-free; when other plants showed deficiencies, it just kept plugging along. Still throwing lots of white pistils in the topmost tier of buds, so my plan has been to let it go longer (one week more, max; I have to chop no later than 14 weeks for reasons unrelated to the plant's maturity). This thread was dominated early by people who felt strongly that Zamaldelica should be flowered until she has no white pistils left. My sense from the thread is that the fem version has a shorter flowering time and not the same scary edge as some of the regular phenotypes and may not need this extreme of a ripening. So I have been uncertain about timing of harvest, as this plant keeps throwing a lot of new pistils at the topmost levels.

The smell is predominantly fruity, not much carrot. Over-ripe mango, grape bubble gum . . . A lot of side branching; this plant took up the space of any two of the other plants in the room, it got so bushy, but still with that sativa leaf structure that lets light penetrate deeper into the plant.

One more data point: today, when inspecting her, I noticed some lower buds that had strangely lost their pistils seemingly overnight, and as I poked around in that vicinity, found nanners. And looking around the plant, there are several spots on her that are sprouting the occasional male parts, mostly on the lower branches.

I have no other plants growing now in this room and won't start up again for a few months, so I'm not worried about fertilizing other flowers. I know I will get a few immature seeds even if I wait another week before chopping. The question is really about ripening. Based on these pictures (taken 36 hours ago, day 88 of flower), should I harvest now, or let it go up to another week? Is there any uphill left? Or is it all downhill from here? Hoping @dubi might chime in . . .

IMG_3379.jpg
IMG_3384.jpg

I’m pretty sure the hermies are from stress. I mistakenly left a room light on through the dark period recently. Also been having lots of trouble keeping temps below 28C.

I’m starting to harvest the lowers, which is where the nanners mostly are anyway.

Lebanizer

A question about the Zamaldelica high : how narcotic is it ? I ask because it has Malawi genes and that one is a narcotic beast for sure. How does Zamaledelica compare ?

Common Sense

Those are looking very good @Windjammer. I think you are approaching harvest window time frame. In the end, it comes down to personal preference, but a too early harvest in my experience can result in an effect that feels a little "flat" and one dimensional. Lack of character. I especially experienced that with some commercially grown medical strains which were clearly harvested early. I think it can also be of shorter duration. On the other hand, it may be less narcotic and associated with less groggieness the next day. Dubi recommends to harvest at peak terpene levels, which is certainly a good advice, but I find it hard to judge with my limited level of experience. I like to go by the trichomes and regard amber or brown as degraded cannabinoids. Overripeness so to speak, where the CBN content starts to increase.

Common Sense

A question about the Zamaldelica high : how narcotic is it ? I ask because it has Malawi genes and that one is a narcotic beast for sure. How does Zamaledelica compare ?
I have never tried straight Malawi and just from my limited experience, but found Zamaldelica not very narcotic at all @Lebanizer . Rather clear and the term "soaring" in the official description describes it best IMHO. Definitely one of my favorites.
Can get psychedelic. Among Zamaldelica, Honduras x Panama, Kali China, Bubba Hash, Z was the least narcotic for me and had the least leftover effect the next morning.

@Windjammer : if you expect "powerful" like hitting you hard and overwhelming, knock you out grade stuf, I have not experienced Zamaldelica to be like that so far.

Those are looking very good @Windjammer. I think you are approaching harvest window time frame. In the end, it comes down to personal preference, but a too early harvest in my experience can result in an effect that feels a little "flat" and one dimensional. Lack of character. I especially experienced that with some commercially grown medical strains which were clearly harvested early. I think it can also be of shorter duration. On the other hand, it may be less narcotic and associated with less groggieness the next day. Dubi recommends to harvest at peak terpene levels, which is certainly a good advice, but I find it hard to judge with my limited level of experience. I like to go by the trichomes and regard amber or brown as degraded cannabinoids. Overripeness so to speak, where the CBN content starts to increase.
Thanks, @Common Sense. I have trouble judging terpene level intensity because I am running ventilation almost constantly for cooling. I’m not looking for either racy or narcotic effects, rather, the soaring, clear and potentially psychedelic effects I’ve seen described so often. I’m doing a slow harvest, taking lower branches that are fairly well done first.

the trichomes are mostly cloudy, still some clear, maybe 10% amber, and no big increase in ambers yet.

today is 13 weeks. It’s all gotta come down by 14 weeks anyway, so I’ll let the big colas keep going while I clean out the more larfy stuff.