What's new

Zamaldelica

Theorganicguy

ilovegrowing

Zamaldelica in her final 40L pot, enjoying all the new nutrients. Topping is mostly being applied to reduce bud sizes and mould in flowering. I've recently got a new lens and I've used this opportunity to take the soon-to-be clone to a photoshooting.

View media item 18720061View media item 18720062View media item 18720063View media item 18720064View media item 18720065
You can still see a touch of purple on the stem.
View media item 18720066View media item 18720067

:tiphat:
Is that a smartphone adapter lens and you use it with a tripod?

Great pictures! 👍

MrHamilton

Veteran
My fem Zam got up-potted to a 7gal, thinking she’s about to blast off 🫶🏼
IMG_2684.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have a question about ripeness. I'm an indoor grower in a legal jurisdiction in the US. Growing in a closet with good ventilation, no CO2. I typically run four plants each in a separate 15 gallon pot of organic soil under LEDs, for personal use. I returned to growing about 5 years ago after my state legalized growing for personal use.

This is my second time growing the Zamaldelica feminized strain. Having never grown a true sativa before, I harvested the first plant last year at about 11 weeks, which was a couple of weeks later than the other plants in the room. The effect was the best of everything I grew that run, but not the powerful effect I was hoping for. I did not understand the need to let these run longer to fully mature; I came up growing hybrids with the fear of ruining the harvest by waiting too long.

This time, I let it run well beyond the other plants. The Panama actually was harvested between 11 and 12 weeks. The Zamaldelica was still going strong. It's now at 13 weeks. The plant has been trouble-free; when other plants showed deficiencies, it just kept plugging along. Still throwing lots of white pistils in the topmost tier of buds, so my plan has been to let it go longer (one week more, max; I have to chop no later than 14 weeks for reasons unrelated to the plant's maturity). This thread was dominated early by people who felt strongly that Zamaldelica should be flowered until she has no white pistils left. My sense from the thread is that the fem version has a shorter flowering time and not the same scary edge as some of the regular phenotypes and may not need this extreme of a ripening. So I have been uncertain about timing of harvest, as this plant keeps throwing a lot of new pistils at the topmost levels.

The smell is predominantly fruity, not much carrot. Over-ripe mango, grape bubble gum . . . A lot of side branching; this plant took up the space of any two of the other plants in the room, it got so bushy, but still with that sativa leaf structure that lets light penetrate deeper into the plant.

One more data point: today, when inspecting her, I noticed some lower buds that had strangely lost their pistils seemingly overnight, and as I poked around in that vicinity, found nanners. And looking around the plant, there are several spots on her that are sprouting the occasional male parts, mostly on the lower branches.

I have no other plants growing now in this room and won't start up again for a few months, so I'm not worried about fertilizing other flowers. I know I will get a few immature seeds even if I wait another week before chopping. The question is really about ripening. Based on these pictures (taken 36 hours ago, day 88 of flower), should I harvest now, or let it go up to another week? Is there any uphill left? Or is it all downhill from here? Hoping @dubi might chime in . . .

View attachment 19031777 View attachment 19031778

Welcome to Icmag, @Windjammer :) and thanks for sharing your Zamaldelica experience with us. Glad you wanted to repeat after your first experience with her.
I'm sorry for not responding in time regarding the harvest; it's been busy days.

It's not necessary to let all the pistils ripen before harvesting. I usually recommend harvesting sativas during their last reflowering phase when the terpenes are at their peak and by checking the trichomes. If the buds become too large and dense, as often happens with these super sativa hybrids, the plant's life and terpenes may decline if you wait too long (and conditions are not super), which is something you want to avoid. The flowers should still be vibrant, healthy, and fragrant, with the trichomes at your preferred stage.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Finally harvested my Zamaldelica four days ago. Very happy with the overall result so far, but have only tried a small sample that was harvested very prematurely three weeks earlier.
View attachment 19032362 View attachment 19032363 View attachment 19032364 View attachment 19032365 View attachment 19032366 View attachment 19032367 View attachment 19032368 View attachment 19032369 View attachment 19032370 View attachment 19032371

Congrats on your harvest @Common Sense ;) It should be great smoke for the summer!

She really did a final reflowering hehe. I was surprised she wanted to finish so fast.
Let the harvest dry and cure for 2-3 months, and please share with us your opinion about her.

Enjoy ☀️

Theorganicguy

Theorganicguy

By placing a cutten branch into a cup of water, the plant's organism is shut down, confined to a closed circle. Having lost all contacts to virtually all of nature, nutrients only gravitate inbetween the plant's venations. Just like that, elements stored in the leaves begin descending to the stalk, once again, creating life where and when necessary.

The touches of purple evenly distributed, the (smaller) miracle of life finding it's, way, how trichomes already inhabit the surface of the leaves...
I adore these pictures. I hope you will like them too.

View media item 18720381View media item 18720382View media item 18720383View media item 18720385View media item 18720384View media item 18720386View media item 18720387View media item 18720388

Theorganicguy

I am trying one feminized Zamaldelica again this year, but guerilla style.
The spot is in Vienna, lat 48, and she should finish just fine here.
Lat 47N here. Curious to see how they compare.

Similarly to a Summer thunderstorm, Zamaldelica took me by surprise. I'm topping every new node I see. Hopefully, she'll start flowering before September.

View media item 18720570View media item 18720571

Latest posts

Latest posts