What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Click the link to join now and let's grow together! https://discord.gg/2RRJW2XCZU
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Yara actisil dose rate?

Does anyone run Yara actisil (0.6% orthosilicic acid) and can recommend a dose rate? Kinda hard to scale down from acre/hectare fertigation directions

Just flipped to flower 4 or 5 days ago. Been reading it can inhibit stretch which is not something I want, as I'm doing vert grows. Do I just leave it out now or can I go cautiously.. do I start adding after stretch or best to use it veg only?

Would prefer to use as a root drench rather than foliar for ease. Can do foliar easily in veg but not so much flower...

Running Yara kristalon brown and calcnit 1.2 - 1.4EC, organic acids and kelp in PPK

Cheers

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Does anyone run Yara actisil (0.6% orthosilicic acid) and can recommend a dose rate? Kinda hard to scale down from acre/hectare fertigation directions

Just flipped to flower 4 or 5 days ago. Been reading it can inhibit stretch which is not something I want, as I'm doing vert grows. Do I just leave it out now or can I go cautiously.. do I start adding after stretch or best to use it veg only?

Would prefer to use as a root drench rather than foliar for ease. Can do foliar easily in veg but not so much flower...

Running Yara kristalon brown and calcnit 1.2 - 1.4EC, organic acids and kelp in PPK

Cheers
That's a good question, I would like to know that myself.

Orange's Greenhouse

Usual application rate is 20 ppm (mg/kg) Si via fertigation. You can do more, you can do less but 20 ppm works. I have not read about Si inhibiting growth/stretch. Foliar does not offer much benefit over root application. Adding it to every watering is preferred.

That stuff contains 6,72 g/L Si, so you want 3 mL/L in your reservoir. One Caveat is that it is stabilised with cholin, an organic molecule. It can cause significant microbial growth (think half a centimeter on biofilm on every surface) in the reservoir. The cholin is food for them. That growth (when it happens) causes pH swings.

Last edited:

Grapefruitroop

I was using silicic acid (Aptus) all thru the grow many times but there has been a couple times that i ran out of it in flowering and i got heavier yields, so i stopped using it in flower and i just add it during veg to streighten the branches......
Whats the exact reccomendation for ....liters x hectares?

I run pond zyme as well so microbial growth should be kept in check by that? Might run it half that strength (1.5ml/L) during stretch then cut it I think. Or just start my next cycle on it in veg, so any microbial build up is contained in a significantly smaller hydroponic system. Will go with one of the stronger concentration brands once it runs out if I see it of any benefit. Just kind of bought it on a whim, as I know monosilicic is the the Si we want, and I'm fairly impressed with the kristalon brown so figured Yara is probably the way to go for Si too

Biggest plants (almost trees) I've ever had and 25kg of brown and calcnit cost me round the same as yer average 5L of liquid base.. :LOL:

Power Si lists dose rate to slow vertical growth as 1.6ml/L. Have read people's experiences with it actually working quite well, although that could be whatever else they have put in the mix..

Latest posts

Latest posts