What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

Porky82

Thats how it is an everyone seems happy including myself and the farmers. there happy, im happy, if you lived in a spot with good mexican brick you would understand and be happy also.
You know these Mexican farmers from deep in Cartel land do you?
They tell you they happy with being ripped of did they?

kro-magnon

Veteran
When I was growing outdoor in France I was selling the buds for 3€ /G and if someone had proposed me to buy it for less it would have been a big no no, I was already well under the market prices.This was more than 10 years ago so it would be obviously higher today thanks to stupid inflation
In poorer countries farmers are struggling, often they are in debt so not offering them a decent price is life changing for them. They can't grow another crop on the marijuana field once it's harvested, agriculture don't work this way, it's obvious many of you don't know how it works.
I know farmers in Mexico have to deal with cartels who crushes them under their iron fist so when you have the occasion make a difference. But I doubt you buy straight from the farmers in this country anyway. It is an awful situation and thankfully it's different in other places of the world. All I want to say is if you straight from a farmer offer them a decent deal, coming from a rich country you have a lot more money than them don't rip them off by buying at the lowest price possible because too much farmers sell at a loss that's why many things are so cheaop.
Tabocco is cheap because many farmers don't earn anything anymore growing it and most of it come from China today where all is cheap because they use a kind of slavery. My family made tobacco for decades before stopping because the hand work was too expensive and they didn't earn any money the las years growing it, I don't want that for cannabis farmers.

kro-magnon

Veteran
That's awful saying farmers family don't need more than 1$/G because they grow and raise their own food, if they had more money they could send their kids to school with decent clothes instead of being forced to live like our ancestors because they too poor, they could pay for medicine when they are sick instead of dying from sickness easily cured in rich countries. This mentality is disgusting.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I think the quality of effect was much better in the 90's early 00's. Most strains today have a muddled hybrid short lived effect that gets really old really fast.
Do you think it comes from the buds or you built up a high tolerance ? Personally I started smoking in the 90's and I don't see too much difference in the effects of the crosses I grow but I don't have access to as much variety as you. I grow some old and more recent strains but I don't find the high this different, I just have a much higher tolerance specially after growing my own buds for decades. I agree some type of high have more or less disappeared but hybrids have the same type of high they always had for me. Recently I have grown some Sowahh from Karma and the high reminds me the good old Dutch crosses I loved in the 90's; maybe you should try some of those seeds.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Do you think it comes from the buds or you built up a high tolerance ? Personally I started smoking in the 90's and I don't see too much difference in the effects of the crosses I grow but I don't have access to as much variety as you. I grow some old and more recent strains but I don't find the high this different, I just have a much higher tolerance specially after growing my own buds for decades. I agree some type of high have more or less disappeared but hybrids have the same type of high they always had for me. Recently I have grown some Sowahh from Karma and the high reminds me the good old Dutch crosses I loved in the 90's; maybe you should try some of those seeds.

I am currently smoking some ECSD and it is definitely one of my favorites. That being said the effect was always damn near the same as a great skunk cut. A lot of the skunks I grew back then were definitely more potent.

I don't think it's tolerance. I missed one day smoking since '97 and smoke all day.

Last Summer I had the pleasure of smoking Haze grown by Flower Power and it was glorious. Having a nice selection of GSC, OG, Cake, etc, at the same time, I realized I was missing that amazing happy, creative, not a care in the world high. Same with the Blueberry. Incredible effect and duration.

I like it all. I guess my point is for me I like the more inspiring effects. GSC and it's crosses makes me a dummy couch pilot. Which is nice and all but I want to stare at things in wonderment.

I guess that is why C99 is my favorite strain and my go to daily driver. Works every time like it should and brightens the day.
20230815_173540.jpg

Haze, Blueberry and my old Skunk cut because this thread is so far off track it could at least use some pics.

Blueberry
20220503_143423.jpg
image_1404457.jpg
image_1404456.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
I am currently smoking some ECSD and it is definitely one of my favorites. That being said the effect was always damn near the same as a great skunk cut. A lot of the skunks I grew back then were definitely more potent.

I don't think it's tolerance. I missed one day smoking since '97 and smoke all day.

Last Summer I had the pleasure of smoking Haze grown by Flower Power and it was glorious. Having a nice selection of GSC, OG, Cake, etc, at the same time, I realized I was missing that amazing happy, creative, not a care in the world high. Same with the Blueberry. Incredible effect and duration.

I like it all. I guess my point is for me I like the more inspiring effects. GSC and it's crosses makes me a dummy couch pilot. Which is nice and all but I want to stare at things in wonderment.

I guess that is why C99 is my favorite strain and my go to daily driver. Works every time like it should and brightens the day. View attachment 19038720

Haze, Blueberry and my old Skunk cut because this thread is so far off track it could at least use some pics.

Blueberry
View attachment 19038716 View attachment 19038719 View attachment 19038718
I agree 100% about Diesel and Skunk being very similar in many aspects. I have grown many different Skunk in the 90's/00's that's my favorite hybrid. I don't grow or smoke stuff like GSC very often because that's not the type of effect I want to have on a daily basis, I don't want to smoke stuff who make me dumber than I already am.Last year I had a Rocky Melon heavily influenced by the Flo in the mix and the high was magical, strong but easy to ride and inspiring, very good sensations. I tend to prefer the stuff with this type of high, similar to the C99.
Here is the Rocky Melon with Blueberry influence in smell and high
Rocky Melon #2.jpg

Edit Your Skunk is looking really good, what type of Skunk is it ? Me I like the sweet version of it without the atrocious smell of decaying cadaver or other abominations some describe.

Last edited:

Verdant Whisperer

That's awful saying farmers family don't need more than 1$/G because they grow and raise their own food, if they had more money they could send their kids to school with decent clothes instead of being forced to live like our ancestors because they too poor, they could pay for medicine when they are sick instead of dying from sickness easily cured in rich countries. This mentality is disgust

You know these Mexican farmers from deep in Cartel land do you?
They tell you they happy with being ripped of did they?
You both are clueless. No point trying to keep EXPLAINING something to someone who can't comprehend the concept.

kro-magnon

Veteran
You're the one being clueless of how agriculture and economics work. You have never work in a farm you have no idea of the costs of production for any products.Stating cannabis should cost 1$/G all over the world is a good example of your total lack of understanding, in countries like mine you would have to pay trimmers at hourly rates which would increase greatly the cost of a gram, tobacco leaves have to be separated by quality by hand, you need workers to do that and pay them.

eastcoastjoe

any farmer that can make 1$ a gram from the farm is doing good for outdoor, anywhere in the world, they sell it for much less, that is just my cost after it moves many hands. but for the cost of the land, fertilizers, and cost for the grow the mexicans wouldnt be in the buisness if it didnt work for them. for them its better to have a field of cannabis and get 5000$ from that entire field than have a field of another crop, and 5000$ a year for a family that cooks with wood and also has livestock and grows their own vegetables like alot of farming oldschool familiys do goes alot farther, they probably live in cartel controled territory as well and do not pay taxes on their lands. It gives them a better lifestyle more likely than whatever they where farming before cannabis. why should 20 grams of tobacco be 10$ or less and cannabis be 10X that price generally? it takes the same amount of space uses similiar amounts of nutrients in the soil and the actual large scale harvest and cure take similiar amounts of energy. the reason cannabis prices are so high is because it was illegal for so long and there was less supply as growers had to grow in stealth, when cannabis is free the prices will be friendlier to the masses, as well as quality improving for the reason of more competition and less regulation, people prefer the sweeter and more red cherries.

$1 / gram finished product ? Dried , Trimmed ready for the market ?

Verdant Whisperer

$1 / gram finished product ? Dried , Trimmed ready for the market ?
This is for outdoor grown buds, yes, even cali outdoor you can find for 400-500 a pound excellent stuff. the mexican is similiar level for the good stuff. But prices are lower than cali farmers. they get 400-500$ a kg probably at most. Like the other guy said most farmers sell cheap this same buds in dispensary would be 3-5$ a gram , but i am talking about the street prices if you buy in bulk not from dispensary. i don't but 1/8 at a time i prefer to get a good deal and buy bulk every couple months than having to call my connect every other week. saves money and time.

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is for outdoor grown buds, yes, even cali outdoor you can find for 400-500 a pound excellent stuff. the mexican is similiar level for the good stuff. But prices are lower than cali farmers. they get 400-500$ a kg probably at most.
You fail to realize they sell at those because they have no other choice but at this rate they make a ridiculously small profit. The work they provide has a value, from your private message you're young and it seems your generation has forgotten the value of work, they deserve to be paid a decent price for their effort at this rate it's not the case. Farmers all the world today work hard for very small returns so less and less people want to do this job, it will soon be a real problem.
If you had to count the hourly salary of the farmer on top of all the other costs the resell price would be much higher than what it is today where you live.

Verdant Whisperer

You're the one being clueless of how agriculture and economics work. You have never work in a farm you have no idea of the costs of production for any products.Stating cannabis should cost 1$/G all over the world is a good example of your total lack of understanding, in countries like mine you would have to pay trimmers at hourly rates which would increase greatly the cost of a gram, tobacco leaves have to be separated by quality by hand, you need workers to do that and pay them.
I grow my own medicine for pennies to most growers dollars, the only things i buy that is additional is perilite for my potting mixes, every other thing i buy as a base ingredient, for example. i make all my soil mixes from base ingredients, buy all my amendments in bulk and by themselves, rock phosphate, k mag, and leonardite i buy them all in 25-50kg sacks cheap. my compost i make myself with a specialized mix from our chicken house. I make my own liqioud organic fertilizer with fish emulsion, dry yeast, and molasess that i purchase the molasses from surgar cane factory cheap , fish emulsion in 5 gallon jug from the fish processing factory its extra work but when you buy ingredients one purchase last 1-2 years in that size. knowledge is power.

eastcoastjoe

This is for outdoor grown buds, yes, even cali outdoor you can find for 400-500 a pound excellent stuff. the mexican is similiar level for the good stuff. But prices are lower than cali farmers. they get 400-500$ a kg probably at most. Like the other guy said most farmers sell cheap this same buds in dispensary would be 3-5$ a gram , but i am talking about the street prices if you buy in bulk not from dispensary. i don't but 1/8 at a time i prefer to get a good deal and buy bulk every couple months than having to call my connect every other week. saves money and time.

If you think about the cost of living in America , ( especially California) and the time / labor it takes to grow a crop , then trim it. I would really be asking myself why it’s so cheap and why type of quality can you really expect to get.

I’d love to see random lab tests done on $400 lbs to see what’s there as far as pathogens , pesticides, fungicides.

Latest posts

Latest posts