What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

kro-magnon

Veteran
I grow my own medicine for pennies to most growers dollars, the only things i buy that is additional is perilite for my potting mixes, every other thing i buy as a base ingredient, for example. i make all my soil mixes from base ingredients, buy all my amendments in bulk and by themselves, rock phosphate, k mag, and leonardite i buy them all in 25-50kg sacks cheap. my compost i make myself with a specialized mix from our chicken house. I make my own liqioud organic fertilizer with fish emulsion, dry yeast, and molasess that i purchase the molasses from surgar cane factory cheap , fish emulsion in 5 gallon jug from the fish processing factory its extra work but when you buy ingredients one purchase last 1-2 years in that size. knowledge is power.
You produce only for you or maybe a little more, it is not the same job when you produce many Kg, the amount of work is huge, as I already said you have no clue of the effort needed to create a big crop. Farming in your country is very different than the rest of the world. You're forgetting to easily the value of the work provided.

Verdant Whisperer

You fail to realize they sell at those because they have no other choice but at this rate they make a ridiculously small profit. The work they provide has a value, from your private message you're young and it seems your generation has forgotten the value of work, they deserve to be paid a decent price for their effort at this rate it's not the case. Farmers all the world today work hard for very small returns so less and less people want to do this job, it will soon be a real problem.
If you had to count the hourly salary of the farmer on top of all the other costs the resell price would be much higher than what it is today where you live.
I agree farmers don't get payed fairly, our currernt setup in western world is backwards, the construction workers and farmers, get payed very little while the people who sit on there ass who know how to work system get rich, the honest hardworking man doesnt get rich anymore like in the fathers generation, any man who worked hard had enough to live a good life and support a family. I agree my generation is lacking and alot weaker, I moved to central america in my mid 20's myself to find a different lifestyle, I work construction side job of soil buisness and im looking into creating outdoor genetics that thrive in my region as a buisness as well. the amount of effort it takes to harvest 1kg of coffee is not much more than to pick the buds and throw them in a trimmer machine and on a dry rack. here every coffee bean is picked by hand. and when the farmer sells it they get maybe 1$ a kg max where the same coffee is sold in usa for 20$ a bag.. thats just how it is. i buy that coffee here for 4$ a bag. now to me that coffee isnt worth more than 5$ while to someone in a spot different may not understand the value i find in it.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I agree farmers don't get payed fairly, our currernt setup in western world is backwards, the construction workers and farmers, get payed very little while the people who sit on there ass who know how to work system get rich, the honest hardworking man doesnt get rich anymore like in the fathers generation, any man who worked hard had enough to live a good life and support a family. I agree my generation is lacking and alot weaker, I moved to central america in my mid 20's myself to find a different lifestyle, I work construction side job of soil buisness and im looking into creating outdoor genetics that thrive in my region as a buisness as well. the amount of effort it takes to harvest 1kg of coffee is not much more than to pick the buds and throw them in a trimmer machine and on a dry rack. here every coffee bean is picked by hand. and when the farmer sells it they get maybe 1$ a kg max where the same coffee is sold in usa for 20$ a bag.. thats just how it is. i buy that coffee here for 4$ a bag. now to me that coffee isnt worth more than 5$ while to someone in a spot different may not understand the value i find in it.
It works this way sadly that's why when you can make a difference , make it. Pay the farmer a bit over the local market price, he will be grateful. Me I choose to sell under the local market price when I sell buds because I still make a decent profit and the buyer has a fair price.
The way some people earn money today can be so effortless they forget the value of hard work.Not everybody get rich by uploading feet pics.

Last edited:

linde

It works this way sadly that's why when you can make a difference , make it. Pay the farmer a bit over the local market price, he will be grateful. Me I choose to sell under the local market price when I sell buds because I still make a decent profit and the buyer has a fair price.
The way people earn money today can be so effortless they forget the value of hard work.
Here in Michigan dope goes for $50 an ounce. No money to be made here. Most of my long term fellow growers gave up and sold their equipment. It's cheaper for them to buy it than grow it. Never thought I would see the day. Hate to say it but legalization took all the fun out of it.

eastcoastjoe

Here in Michigan dope goes for $50 an ounce. No money to be made here. Most of my long term fellow growers gave up and sold their equipment. It's cheaper for them to buy it than grow it. Never thought I would see the day. Hate to say it but legalization took all the fun out of it.

I would definitely agree, legalization ruined the market for small growers. $800 pounds though are not more expensive than growing your own for personal use.

For me though, I think there is more to it to consider than money. Just like any service in life, when you get to a certain level, you get what you pay for. Cost can only be cut so much to stay competitive in business. At some point, the only way you can cut more cost is by cutting corners. And I think everyone reading this knows the fuckery that happens in farming when it comes to that.

linde

I would definitely agree, legalization ruined the market for small growers. $800 pounds though are not more expensive than growing your own for personal use.

For me though, I think there is more to it to consider than money. Just like any service in life, when you get to a certain level, you get what you pay for. Cost can only be cut so much to stay competitive in business. At some point, the only way you can cut more cost is by cutting corners. And I think everyone reading this knows the fuckery that happens in farming when it comes to that.
I grow for the hobby more than anything else.

kro-magnon

Veteran
When it becomes cheaper to buy than produce yourself there is definitely something very wrong. In my country it's still very illegal but if it was legal there would so much taxes the legal buds would end up more expensive than illegal ones. They sell CBD buds, the best indoor quality is around 15€/G, that's more than the equivalent illegal ones.
I grow for myself first and because I love that, I have another income I don't rely on selling buds for a living.

Verdant Whisperer

The way some people earn money today can be so effortless they forget the value of hard work.Not everyb
I agree if i bought directly from the farmer and they where struggling financially i would do my best to support them and give them more than they ask. I have never been into effortless forms of making money i am part of that generation that lacks the focus and ethic. I believe in the law of energy you get what you give. you can't escape energy sometimes people think they have found shortcuts, but they forget to add in the energy that we are ourselves. everything is not black and white, i live on a low income, but i have my family, my animals and my garden and we have food to eat, all my shoes are half destoryed and most of my clothes are old and ratty and i am so much happier than any millionaire. I am kinda like forest gump man i just try and live simple and honest life and the world has taken care of me thus far.

mudballs

We should reward the workers with better wages instead of increasing constantly the profit of investors, the 1% have more than half the wealth of their country, that's insane.
What's so insane about it? If you just run a cash register your efforts in maintaining a system that needs a cash register is not inline with the people making connections, deciding lawfully binding contracts and clauses that could have a detrimental impact on that cashier. So the person that went thru the stress to learn what a bad clause is in a legally binding contract gets just same amount as cashier?

Last edited:

eastcoastjoe

The disconnection from reality is alarming. I think something in the male stamens is affecting the brain chemistry of people who smoke conventional weed. We need more fem seeds ASAP

mudballs

That's called a logic gate...you have to decide...but to do so you are no longer a passive participant...ur the fkn tyrant everyone hates cuz you decided to actively insert urself into other peoples lives and decisions and dont care if you hurt people so long as it looks morally just on paper

kro-magnon

Veteran
What's so insane about it? If you just run a cash register your efforts in maintaining a system that needs a cash register is not inline with the people making connections, deciding lawfully binding contracts and clauses that could have a detrimental impact on that cashier. So the person that went thru the stress to learn what a bad clause is in a legally binding contract gets just same amount as cashier?
I didn't say the same income for everybody but better, that's different.

Latest posts

Latest posts