What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

Verdant Whisperer

Ahh so because Mexican farmers are poor you don't think they don't deserve anymore than $1 a gram!
So Mexicans just accept the status quo and be happy with earning far less than their crop is worth?
When their weed reaches the US I'll be it is on sold at a far higher rate making the buyer far more than the $1 a gram your paying. I think it's worth far more than that and the grower who does 95% of the work should get more for their efforts.
Thats how it is an everyone seems happy including myself and the farmers. there happy, im happy, if you lived in a spot with good mexican brick you would understand and be happy also.

Brother Nature

I think the quality of effect was much better in the 90's early 00's. Most strains today have a muddled hybrid short lived effect that gets really old really fast.
I think a lot of that is due to the instant gratification of the internet age. Back in those days it was around but not in such a prevalent way, a quality strain was heard about mostly from word of mouth and that was due to effect, looks and smells were definitely cared about, but if the high wasn't there to back it up you didn't really move much. Now I have people pop over and grab stuff here and there and one of the first things most consumers do is look up the strain on leafly or whatever review site is popular, some only want to buy stuff they've heard about on instagram or in rap songs. When I don't tell people the names and give them something like a good c99 or afghan, it blows them away. I have a friend who buys a lot wholesale, then moves it in smaller amounts, he never asks or cares for the actual strain names, he just calls it whatever sells the best at the moment.

I don't think it's the fault of feminized lines though, I think it's more the consumerist culture that surrounds cannabis now that it is much more socially acceptable. There are still some exceptional new strains coming out, but it seems like a lot more are growing to look and smell good for marketing purposes, all style and no substance.

Shua1991

Exploiting others misfortune is the american way… so sad that its happening to us now via china and Saudi Arabia buying up our farmland to send food back to their motherland…the irony is unbelievable
You just learned what capitalism is and why it rots everything?

FYI, those farm lands are sold to chinese businesses/firms, by american investment groups like blackrock, because they don't interfere with local markets.

if you believe american agricultural and land holding companies have your best interest at heart and not profits above all else, I'm sorry for ya. Eventually Americans will demand nationalizing some of these big agra farmlands, I hope it happens in my lifetime, but rich white people hate the idea of the poor being able to feed themselves. This goes back to the 1500's in Britain and the government pushing the poor out of the most productive farmlands.

>The practice of enclosure began in the 16th century, but it wasn't until the 17th century that Parliament began to authorize enclosures through Acts. Between 1604 and 1914, Parliament passed over 5,200 enclosure bills that affected more than a fifth of England's land, or about 6.8 million acres. The Enclosure Acts were often initiated by landowners who wanted to increase their rental income, or by tenant farmers who wanted to improve their farms. However, the acts had a harsh impact on the poor, who had previously been allowed to cultivate land without owning it. Some peasants were forced off their land, and many were deprived of their only means of subsistence, forcing them to move to cities and towns. On the other hand, some historians believe that the enclosure of common land led to productivity gains that were necessary for the Industrial Revolution."

--------

It's an old model.

mudballs

Economic models are simplified representations of the real world designed to help us understand ... More
Screenshot_20240726-204400_Chrome.jpg

I did like you...now i just respect you

mudballs

You don't know economic models, the people that work on it, you just know politicians are bad and tax the rich

Latest posts

Latest posts