What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

kro-magnon

Veteran
For me its less than 50 cent per g for 120d sativas energy cost. Iirc the first times i heard about canadian big scale production cost was about 60 cent/g. Last time it was more like 1,6$/g with all the high testing levels.
Don't know if this was only a one time thing but there was a season of less than a $/g for distillate.

Its the prohibition that causes the high prices.
How much cost your Kw of electricity,your pricing sounds really off. I never said prohibition don't play a role but it's not the only factor, each country has pricing depending on their income and production costs.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
in europe (regarding buying somewhere besides the supermarket, akin to buying from the grower) but in thailand and more impoverished countries, do you mean because of self sustaining farming, them getting food by their own hand or at lower cost rurally ?
I don't really understand your question but in poor countries it's cheaper to buy from local farmers or grow yourself specially on islands where imported merchandises is expensive.

eastcoastjoe

2nd picture, i spy with my little eye.

This is a hermie. There were no hermies on that strawberry cough

2096C91A-EE93-432C-9FDA-3DE860BC9124.jpeg

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
How much cost your Kw of electricity,your pricing sounds really off. I never said prohibition don't play a role but it's not the only factor, each country has pricing depending on their income and production costs.
About 30 cent iirc. Don't have the papers with me.

Verdant Whisperer

You don't think the Mexicans should be getting more than $1per gm for their efforts??
any farmer that can make 1$ a gram from the farm is doing good for outdoor, anywhere in the world, they sell it for much less, that is just my cost after it moves many hands. but for the cost of the land, fertilizers, and cost for the grow the mexicans wouldnt be in the buisness if it didnt work for them. for them its better to have a field of cannabis and get 5000$ from that entire field than have a field of another crop, and 5000$ a year for a family that cooks with wood and also has livestock and grows their own vegetables like alot of farming oldschool familiys do goes alot farther, they probably live in cartel controled territory as well and do not pay taxes on their lands. It gives them a better lifestyle more likely than whatever they where farming before cannabis. why should 20 grams of tobacco be 10$ or less and cannabis be 10X that price generally? it takes the same amount of space uses similiar amounts of nutrients in the soil and the actual large scale harvest and cure take similiar amounts of energy. the reason cannabis prices are so high is because it was illegal for so long and there was less supply as growers had to grow in stealth, when cannabis is free the prices will be friendlier to the masses, as well as quality improving for the reason of more competition and less regulation, people prefer the sweeter and more red cherries.

Brother Nature

If you think a dollar a gram is a rip off for the farmers, think about what cocaine sells for compared to what the farmers and jungle chemists get. Or what the farmers profit from a legal crop like coffee. I don’t live there any longer but hearing from my friends in California, that’s about what cannabis is going for wholesale too. With legalisation there’s very little need to grow indoors, it’s cost prohibitive in the current market for the most part.

Shua1991

If you think a dollar a gram is a rip off for the farmers, think about what cocaine sells for compared to what the farmers and jungle chemists get. Or what the farmers profit from a legal crop like coffee. I don’t live there any longer but hearing from my friends in California, that’s about what cannabis is going for wholesale too. With legalisation there’s very little need to grow indoors, it’s cost prohibitive in the current market for the most part.
Agreed, which is why selling seeds should be up to localities, for preservation.
Right. Just like people acting like a global genepool savior because they reproduced some seeds someone shared with them. Never claimed to be anything but these guys make it same like they are the experts. I do grow weed to 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 19038397 View attachment 19038398 View attachment 19038399 View attachment 19038400 View attachment 19038401 View attachment 19038404
He's referencing this
EFF855CA-C484-4767-B3E7-AB6FF500F11C~2.jpeg

If I were growing this variety and it only produced bananas at senescence, I would assume it was safe to grow. So long as no seeds were produced.
20211116_013553~2.jpg

I bred using this fem, after stress testing it to see what would make it produce stamen, light leaks, bad watering, heat stress and cold, it didn't get moldy and it only produced a single nanner on top, after taking it a week past harvest. If you inbreed and select against this trait, you will wind up with more stress resistant offspring, I noticed in f1 generation the trait I saw in the mother plant was absent in the mother plant's I bred with. I tested the males too, until passed their senescence.

Last edited:

Shua1991

IMG_20231031_100923.jpg

Some of the hashplant phenotypes I found in f1 were highly susceptible to intersex, I lost a bunch, but I found the same phenotype in f2's from parents that didn't show intersex traits, so a recessive phenotype which will likely give me what I wanted from the f1 Anyway.

IMG_20231023_102906.jpg
IMG_20231103_151208.jpg

Thai/Plushberry phenotype - Lemon Lime Soda, I was expecting many intersex traits to be expressed in the polyhybrid/f1 stage and weeded them all out. Some were amazing smoke, bordering on shrooms. Made the walls breathe.
IMG_20231023_102906.jpg

If you go into a project knowing it's got some intersex traits, like Thailand cultivars, or C99(which this hybrid is) then you know what to look for and select against, It's grower/breeder error that should be mitigated.

eastcoastjoe

Agreed, which is why selling seeds should be up to localities, for preservation.

He's referencing this View attachment 19038617

If I were growing this variety and it only produced bananas at senescence, I would assume it was safe to grow. So long as no seeds were produced.
View attachment 19038620
I bred using this fem, after stress testing it to see what would make it produce stamen, light leaks, bad watering, heat stress and cold, it didn't get moldy and it only produced a single nanner on top, after taking it a week past harvest. If you inbreed and select against this trait, you will wind up with more stress resistant offspring, I noticed in f1 generation the trait I saw in the mother plant was absent in the mother plant's I bred with. I tested the males too, until passed their senescence.
He said the second picture. Yeah that’s snowdog, Chem genetics. Occasionally see a late one, no seeds. Not a problem. If pollen was viable lol, maybe a different story 😆

eastcoastjoe

If you go into a project knowing it's got some intersex traits, like Thailand cultivars, or C99(which this hybrid is) then you know what to look for and select against, It's grower/breeder error that should be mitigated.
I like this statement. Far to often people blame everything but there own choices. Imagine if guys like Nevil just threw away anything with a hermie. Can’t throw out the baby with the bath water lol

Shua1991

I like this statement. Far to often people blame everything but there own choices. Imagine if guys like Nevil just threw away anything with a hermie. Can’t throw out the baby with the bath water lol
Can't make anything with landrace genetics if that were the case, I just got some "Purple zamal" hybrid seeds and that is a variety notorious for its intersex traits, but the effects are so rare that I don't give a shit if it has those traits. I'm not looking for IBL "maple leaf indica" or "silver pearl" or some Dutch homogenized indoor cash crop. If I wanted that I'd buy some nirvana seeds.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
E
View attachment 19038622
Some of the hashplant phenotypes I found in f1 were highly susceptible to intersex, I lost a bunch, but I found the same phenotype in f2's from parents that didn't show intersex traits, so a recessive phenotype which will likely give me what I wanted from the f1 Anyway.

View attachment 19038624 View attachment 19038623
Thai/Plushberry phenotype - Lemon Lime Soda, I was expecting many intersex traits to be expressed in the polyhybrid/f1 stage and weeded them all out. Some were amazing smoke, bordering on shrooms. Made the walls breathe. View attachment 19038624

C99 is one of the most stable genetics I have ever worked with. Thai yes, C99 def not.

Great looking plants !

eastcoastjoe

Can't make anything with landrace genetics if that were the case, I just got some "Purple zamal" hybrid seeds and that is a variety notorious for its intersex traits, but the effects are so rare that I don't give a shit if it has those traits. I'm not looking for IBL "maple leaf indica" or "silver pearl" or some Dutch homogenized indoor cash crop. If I wanted that I'd buy some nirvana seeds.

I’m with you. Hell, even the original release of NL1 is known to have herm issues and sensitivity to auto flowering. I’d say it’s safe to say it was worth working with because 36 years later the author of this thread is still using it as an example of why our weed today is shit and his is better quality

Porky82

any farmer that can make 1$ a gram from the farm is doing good for outdoor, anywhere in the world, they sell it for much less, that is just my cost after it moves many hands. but for the cost of the land, fertilizers, and cost for the grow the mexicans wouldnt be in the buisness if it didnt work for them. for them its better to have a field of cannabis and get 5000$ from that entire field than have a field of another crop, and 5000$ a year for a family that cooks with wood and also has livestock and grows their own vegetables like alot of farming oldschool familiys do goes alot farther, they probably live in cartel controled territory as well and do not pay taxes on their lands. It gives them a better lifestyle more likely than whatever they where farming before cannabis. why should 20 grams of tobacco be 10$ or less and cannabis be 10X that price generally? it takes the same amount of space uses similiar amounts of nutrients in the soil and the actual large scale harvest and cure take similiar amounts of energy. the reason cannabis prices are so high is because it was illegal for so long and there was less supply as growers had to grow in stealth, when cannabis is free the prices will be friendlier to the masses, as well as quality improving for the reason of more competition and less regulation, people prefer the sweeter and more red cherries.
Ahh so because Mexican farmers are poor you don't think they don't deserve anymore than $1 a gram!
So Mexicans just accept the status quo and be happy with earning far less than their crop is worth?
When their weed reaches the US I'll be it is on sold at a far higher rate making the buyer far more than the $1 a gram your paying. I think it's worth far more than that and the grower who does 95% of the work should get more for their efforts.