What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

CharlesU Farley

This question takes the thread completely off-topic, but what it also does is rip off a scab on a topic none of us had any involvement in.

Nevils has passed on and Sam is very unwell, do you think this benefits anyone ?

I can answer this, and or I can even use Nevils own posts to put his side to this, but does this benefit anyone.
In case you haven't noticed, this thread was completely off topic _before_ I even started posting in it.

I wasn't looking to benefit anyone, I was looking for knowledge and information, which is why I asked the question. I've read everything Nevil's posted on the Mr Nice forum, that's available now and some that isn't, via the Wayback Machine and other methods.

I found no definitive answer whether he actually _marketed_ a pure Hz product.

I've already received the answer to my question, via bigherb, so no need for any of your answers. I've already read enough of your posts on the Mr Nice forum with your favorite phrase, "Neville told me... blah blah blah blah."

That's _not_ what I was looking for.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
In case you haven't noticed, this thread was completely off topic _before_ I even started posting in it.

I wasn't looking to benefit anyone, I was looking for knowledge and information, which is why I asked the question. I've read everything Nevil's posted on the Mr Nice forum, that's available now and some that isn't, via the Wayback Machine and other methods.

I found no definitive answer whether he actually _marketed_ a pure Hz product.

I've already received the answer to my question, via bigherb, so no need for any of your answers. I've already read enough of your posts on the Mr Nice forum with your favorite phrase, "Neville told me... blah blah blah blah."

That's _not_ what I was looking for.
My response was to do with the accusation Sam told Nevil not to sell pure Haze and if you had read Nevils posts or response to that question that I believe BigHerb asked Nevil on the forum you would know the answer.

I was not having a go at you personally, but I along with others know how these topics end, and it's never a good ending.

Nevil did make pure Haze seed, but he didn't sell them commercially because non he grew and tested were as good as the parents.

Nevil even reversed the HzC male and made HzC seed that he called HzC square that grew out both males and female plants again not as good.

Sam had told Nevil you need to outcross Haze, Nevil didn't listen made pure Haze and found Sam was right that's why he out crossed HzA made selections then crossed HzC to that.

Every one acts like Sam gifted Nevil the seed and forget Nevil a seed seller paid for the seed.

1725761225652.png

1725761738588.png

CharlesU Farley

My response was to do with the accusation Sam told Nevil not to sell pure Haze and if you had read Nevils posts or response to that question that I believe BigHerb asked Nevil on the forum you would know the answer.

I was not having a go at you personally, but I along with others know how these topics end, and it's never a good ending.

Nevil did make pure Haze seed, but he didn't sell them commercially because non he grew and tested were as good as the parents.

Nevil even reversed the HzC male and made HzC seed that he called HzC square that grew out both males and female plants again not as good.

Sam had told Nevil you need to outcross Haze, Nevil didn't listen made pure Haze and found Sam was right that's why he out crossed HzA made selections then crossed HzC to that.

Every one acts like Sam gifted Nevil the seed and forget Nevil a seed seller paid for the seed.

View attachment 19062159

View attachment 19062161
I've read that... "I don't remember selling pure Hz seeds..." being the operative phrase, at least for me.

That's why I asked the question _here_, in case others might have a differing opinion/viewpoint and possess written/printed facts. I've found more knowledgeable Hz people hang in this thread than in any of the other Hz threads here, that's why I asked it _here_.

The vast majority of participants in this thread, at least since I've participated in it, possess several pairs of "big boy pants", so I'm pretty sure nobody's going to get that bent out of shape for shit that happened 40 years ago. :eek:

Well ya'll, back in Lurk mode... at least until the next question about Hz comes up in my mind. :unsure:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
People have been arguing about a business transaction between tow consenting adults for 25 years and to be honest if Nevil did sell pure Haze he would have every right to sell them if he had wanted to others did.

All the Haze originally came from Sam, and no one can argue that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Your incorrect Dubi they are the other way around HzA is to the Thai side HzC is to the Colombian side.

I know this because Nevil told me and the HzA male was like the first female haze plant Nevil found that wouldn't stop flowering even at 9 months that had airy tiny flowers like this he regretted not keeping a clone of.

View attachment 19061821

The HzC side has the fuller, larger typical Colombian flower that has from pine to fruity smells including Mango.

I know Nevil thought like you, but I have plenty of experience with both Colombians-Panamanians and Thais, and my opinion is the opposite; they differ a lot, as Tom described. Some good old Colombians and Panamanians had the leather and incense-like terpene profiles, delivering more narcotic effects similar to Haze A.

On the other hand, good lemony uplifting Thais (such as the Thai genetics in Outback Haze) are very much like Haze C—soaring, cerebral, energetic, and expansive. I have researched the Thai gene pool for 25 more years and have traveled there almost every summer.

And no, you won't find the meaty, leathery incense in Thai sativas; for thatyou need to look primarily into the prime quality American sativa gene pool, such as Oaxaca, Panama, and some good old Colombians (such as the ones involved in Haze).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
There was no connection between the Nevil's Haze, A5 or C5 cut you submitted to phylos and OT1's Gold Colombian line you also submitted.

They're clearly not related! It would be foolish to think otherwise.

Because Haze is an inbred hybrid and phylos almost never connects well distant hybrids from its parent lines (if there are in their Galaxy). Phylos detects the direct filial relationships almost 100 % well, but not the distant relationships.

Well known strains that contain Skunk such as:

Sour Diesel: https://phylos.bio/sims/variety/PGT-20175/sofresh-farms/sour-diesel
Chemdog: https://phylos.bio/sims/variety/PGT-115290/csi-humboldt/chemdog-91

do not show dirct relationship with Sam's Skunk #1:

yet both strains contain certain amount of Sam's Skunk.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
With all the Thai experienced in in this thread, not a single one of you had mentioned the Choclate Thai aka Buddha Thai circulating in 1981, in 1982 ?

Hi @flower~power I do not have experience with the Chocolate Thais that were exported there in the early 80s, and most of my homegrown Thais were not chocolaty; I thought that the the Chocolate genetics were lost. However, I just came back from a trip through Southern Thailand and found several Chocolate Thais, both in flower and brick form, with different types of effects. Loud cocoa powder smell when you smell them, brought seeds from most of them :) so yeah, they still do exist.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I know Nevil thought like you, but I have plenty of experience with both Colombians-Panamanians and Thais, and my opinion is the opposite; they differ a lot, as Tom described. Some good old Colombians and Panamanians had the leather and incense-like terpene profiles, delivering more narcotic effects similar to Haze A.

On the other hand, good lemony uplifting Thais (such as the Thai genetics in Outback Haze) are very much like Haze C—soaring, cerebral, energetic, and expansive. I have researched the Thai gene pool for 25 more years and have traveled there almost every summer.

And no, you won't find the meaty, leathery incense in Thai sativas; for thatyou need to look primarily into the prime quality American sativa gene pool, such as Oaxaca, Panama, and some good old Colombians (such as the ones involved in Haze).
I am only relating what Nevil told me for years Dubi and if we are talking Thais or Colombians even Panamas we grew up on these genetics happy to have that discussion else were.

I have grown Thais for almost 45 years now and have grown some Colombians, but smoked plenty of Colombians and others, including Panama Red. I just loved Thai over all of them, that's why I focused on growing mostly Thai.

I have never come across a lemon smelling Thai line or a lemon smelling line to be honest.

My Thai does not have a lemon smell, so it's not coming from my Thai.

You ever talk to Nevil to know the differences ?

HzC side of NH looks like a Colombian.

1725778461672.jpeg

This is to the HzA side.

1725778534657.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I tried Destroyer when it was first released, I think in 2002, and as an outcross, it was dynamite. It is my understanding that subsequent inbreeding generations were good, but not as exceptional as the first outcross. This often happens; it is challenging to reach the peaks of best F1 females when you start to inbreed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am only relating what Nevil told me for years Dubi and if we are talking Thais or Colombians even Panamas we grew up on these genetics happy to have that discussion else were.

I have grown Thais for almost 45 years now and have grown some Colombians, but smoked plenty of Colombians and others, including Panama Red. I just loved Thai over all of them, that's why I focused on growing mostly Thai.

I have never come across a lemon smelling Thai line or a lemon smelling line to be honest.

My Thai does not have a lemon smell, so it's not coming from my Thai.

You ever talk to Nevil to know the differences ?

HzC side of NH looks like a Colombian.

View attachment 19062225

This is to the HzA side.

View attachment 19062226

Hi Hempy, unfortunately, i did not have the chance to meet or talk to Nevil before he passed away :(

Although I cannot comment on the terpenes, effects, and such qualities from here, both plants in your pics look mostly Colombian to me. Original Nevil's Haze clone from Yo Sammy also belongs to such group and look.

And yes, there are lemony Thais. To mention a few: our old Koh Chang, and lemon types can easily be found in our Chiang Mai release. The Hangkarok, a famous Thai strain, which I just smoked there a few weeks ago, has a lemony, sour, and woody flavor profile. Lemony-lime flavors are common in some Thai gene pools, although I hardly found them during my last trip in the South, where chocolate types dominate.

Outback Haze, a very Thai-dominant hybrid from Nevil, clone i got from from Karel at SSSC. It's also a classic fresh, sour, lemony, woody Thai of cerebral, uplifting, non ceiling, non sedative effects. These traits lean heavily towards Haze C, rather than Haze A.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi Hempy, unfortunately, i did not have the chance to meet or talk to Nevil before he passed away :(

Although I cannot comment on the terpenes, effects, and such qualities from here, both plants in your pics look mostly Colombian to me. Original Nevil's Haze clone from Yo Sammy also belongs to such group and look.

And yes, there are lemony Thais. To mention a few: our old Koh Chang, and lemon types can easily be found in our Chiang Mai release. The Hangkarok, a famous Thai strain, which I just smoked there a few weeks ago, has a lemony, sour, and woody flavor profile. Lemony-lime flavors are common in some Thai gene pools, although I hardly found them during my last trip in the South, where chocolate types dominate.

Outback Haze, a very Thai-dominant hybrid from Nevil, clone i got from from Karel at SSSC. It's also a classic fresh, sour, lemony, woody Thai of cerebral, uplifting, non ceiling, non sedative effects. These traits lean heavily towards Haze C, rather than Haze A.
Like I said Dubi I have never grown or come across a lemon smelling Thai over ripe rotten fruit yes acrid smelling yes blood meat type smell yes just never lemon.

The Outback Haze is a Thai/NH21 x NH23 (need to check on the last, regardless it's a 1/3 Thai 2/3rds NH feminised hybrid. You posted said it the outback clone came from Nevil nope it was selected and came from Michka she collected the seed from Nevil in Australia.

I wouldn't call any of the Outback Haze heavy Thai to be honest.

Do Sammys Plants look like this Dubi ?

1725780630390.jpeg

Have flowers that look like this

1725780703197.jpeg

1725780741403.jpeg

What you guys call HzA is in fact HzC types.