What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

mudballs

I'm not sure that's what charleys getting at. We've seen plenty of shit plants come by, that's what i think he's on about...natural M/F keeps EVERYONES gene pool intact...play with selfing but know what ur doing and dont fk us all by putting out line locked shit traits, i think is what he's on

I Care

I love regs, but id be lying if i said i wasnt looking forward to going back to fems for a few grows after this one
if you can still find the GKMxDOC I just grew, it’s gig that more hard to find nostalgic sweet flavors. Looks like the GKM basically backcrosses the Double OG Chem when I was looking at it. double mint triple double OG Chem
Line breeding is fine. As long as breeder is aware of bottleneck concept (mentioned earlier)..and again once outcrossed it could be considered a new, perfectly fine and functional line, but traits are locked in
ohh so if it’s missed in pollen selection then you creat the variability, but as a breeder the real intent would normally be to isolate.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I still just don’t see any basis for the argument that the author of this thread is trying to make. If we are not talking about preserving, or locking traits into a line, the rest is just hogwash really.
Some of the best cultivars that have stood the test of time all seem to have come from reversals/hermie accidents/accidental pollinations. If what was being said about feminized breeding is true, how come in the last 30 years we haven’t had things come out of line breeding that has just blown chemdawg, sour diesel,OG Kush out of the water?
Can you provide a example of any single cannabis strain that breeds true.
The standard I hold is cherry tomatoes........ every single seed produces consistent cherry tomatoes.
I have yet to see a line of cannabis exhibit anything even close.

eastcoastjoe

Can you provide a example of any single cannabis strain that breeds true.
The standard I hold is cherry tomatoes........ every single seed produces consistent cherry tomatoes.
I have yet to see a line of cannabis exhibit anything even close.

Black Rose is pretty close, but not cherry tomato close lol. I’m at F13 now. The traits are surely locked in at this point, but it means nothing at all to the end-user in regards to quality. Unless all you want it for is to guarantee the same look ,I think we could all agree that the general consensus is quality over everything.

320ABCEF-532A-4FBE-9C92-5561507990E0.jpeg
A64BC5A0-7DFF-40E0-B42A-6FB355772EE7.jpeg
CFEB57F7-89B4-4699-AB1B-5097051C0FD7.jpeg
29B6679D-9F4A-4E9C-AA6C-4304C9D8DF78.jpeg

Last edited:

eastcoastjoe

Time will have the final say.

I think it already has. 30 years is surely long enough to make a comparison. Over 30 years later chemdog is still considered very potent, and an excellent cultivar, which many other great things were made from. How come in 2024 we are still talking about that but there doesn’t seem to be a single northern lights number one clone still in existence that rivals some of these things in quality? Riddle me that

One could easily make the argument that if you use that same parent in line breeding, the same thing could happen.
I can tell you another thing that is a little strange. Some of these super star plants that came from hermie accidents, sometimes tend to be sterile and extremely hard to reverse. Just goes to show us all how much the average grower has no idea about genetics lol.
exodus cheese being a prime example of that. hard to reverse

eastcoastjoe

Only if breeder included some wonky shit we dont want out in general pop

It’s almost impossible to know what that outcome will be though until the progeny of that pairing can be grown and observed. I’ve seen way more genetic mutations in some of these landrace lines and IBL lines than I have ever seen from a feminized hybrid. I think the author of this thread is just a troll

mudballs

It’s almost impossible to know what that outcome will be though until the progeny of that pairing can be grown and observed. I’ve seen way more genetic mutations in some of these landrace lines and IBL lines than I have ever seen from a feminized hybrid. I think the author of this thread is just a troll
We can make some assumptions...like the pro old guy with f8s home made...he aint fkn us by selfing a sweet one

eastcoastjoe

We can make some assumptions...like the pro old guy with f8s home made...he aint fkn us by selfing a sweet one

The feminized hybrids aren’t fucking us either. quite the opposite actually. We have more quality available now than ever in history. We can’t assume that’s the wrong way when the evidence proves otherwise.

If traditional breeding is so much more superior, why does the majority of what is considered elite come from feminized breeding or herm related incidents ?

mudballs

It isn't superior insomuch as trying to 'make' gold but superior in keeping our highly restricted and limited seed producers in check.
Those elites are tweaking the gene lotto...M/F dont tweak so much so you wont really find gold often. These things like normal ditchweed sturdy status...we have to make it a drug worth a shit by playing with gene pool. I agree with you, play all you want...but both sides of argument have something to take away from i think

mudballs

I dont like being super judgmental or outting people but i could grab some pics and easily convince all if those plants were to be selfed and perpetuated by unknown growers making hybrids we'd cry

Latest posts

Latest posts