What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
It can start also rumors and gossips about certain lines because it ruined their grow.. or smoked like trash... Its damage is not impacting the genepool or wut but ...

kro-magnon

Veteran
I said it's no big deal, do what you want, the gene pool globally can't be hurt really...some guy in Cincinnati that's new and can only grow 4 plants can mess up his locales gene pool...then hop on overgrow trade thread "hey i got gsc forum cut x chemd crosses, anyone want to trade

Fk...he selfed a fem and got a shit pheno and...poof
I think bad breeders are more damageable than tent growers in this case because they can spread in bigger numbers their rotten creations. But the % it represents compared to the global gene pool is not high enough to be a real threat, no?

eastcoastjoe

No...selfing the fem they got from a reputable source

Then playing with it

Applied STS, got a pile of seeds but can only grow 4...

OK, so let’s go here. I would be willing to agree that mutations an undesirable traits can show up when selfing. But, the same thing can happen when you line breed to the point you see in breeding depression. I have personally seen that happen more then with feminized seeds. So I’m not really seeing the detriment everyone is speaking of because it can still exist in male to female breeding.

mudballs

Yep, but that hasn't been my stance this whole time...im just trying to educate that bottlenecking and line lock is a thing...i dont care how anyone plays with their plants...rip leaves off, you wont see me chasing people down telling them it's stupid...spray STS on a fem you bought from Ace Seeds, cross one of the s1's with something and then trade those seeds...idgaf...i care that i said something on it

eastcoastjoe

Yep, but that hasn't been my stance this whole time...im just trying to educate that bottlenecking and line lock is a thing...i dont care how anyone plays with their plants...rip leaves off, you wont see me chasing people down telling them it's stupid...spray STS on a fem you bought from Ace Seeds, cross one of the s1's with something and then trade those seeds...idgaf...i care that i said something on it

But you are using small growers to try to make your argument and it’s a reach bro. Bottle necking is definitely a thing. But to that point, is it always a detriment?

mudballs

I am making no argument..genetics works that way...it's an irreversible bottlerocket when breeding, once fuse is lit, ur done...it is a tool, that when used right can produce superior plants, but you need to hunt...cant hunt with 4 plant counts

mudballs

So we need those growers to know ..hey, 4 plant counts on selfed offspring may not give you the best 4 plants to keep working with...check urselves

eastcoastjoe

I am making no argument..genetics works that way...it's an irreversible bottlerocket when breeding, once fuse is lit, ur done...it is a tool, that when used right can produce superior plants, but you need to hunt...cant hunt with 4 plant counts

So we need those growers to know ..hey, 4 plant counts on selfed offspring may not give you the best 4 plants to keep working with...check urselves

That scenario becomes even worse with regular seeds. Much higher probability of finding quality with fems in that situation, but even so, you only need two plants to make magic.

El Timbo

Again... fems are not necessarily selfed - If a breeder does the work to maintain 2 distinct ibls (and offers them to the public) and then makes a feminised F1 (after stress testing the female pollen donor) with an outstanding female from each line what harm is being done?

mudballs

Again... fems are not necessarily selfed - If a breeder does the work to maintain 2 distinct ibls (and offers them to the public) and then makes a feminised F1 (after stress testing the female pollen donor) with an outstanding female from each line what harm is being done?
None whatsoever...we want everyone to think that way

Latest posts

Latest posts