What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

mudballs

If fems are 5th rated trash, why do they make up almost 100% of the gene pool that has stood the test of time ? I’ll be here waiting
I didnt say fems are trash...i am saying a tent grower trying to make their own stuff...be aware of these things...im not talking to greenhouse seeds

mudballs

Cuz they can only grow 4 plants...the avg tent grower out there trying to follow laws, we need them to know how things could play out to their detriment..their friends detriment if they pass out the cut or seeds from a cross
If tent growers that can only grow 4 plants, but the output of a punnet square of a selfed plant is 1:16...

eastcoastjoe

Can we establish something right now. What is the “genepool” ? Let’s define it. That term gets thrown around loosely with no real definition of what it actually is

kro-magnon

Veteran
None of those tent growers are contributing to the gene pool. The gene pool is what is commercially available. All private growers like on this site, doing projects, aren’t adding anything to the gene pool because it’s not readily available to anyone. so Please make it make sense.
IMO the cannabis gene pool is much bigger than what is commercialy available, it is also composed by all the different seeds grown all over the world who will hardly be commercialy available to us western growers. And in many places there is not a single fem seeds grown but only locally sourced regular seeds. It's always difficult to have a real discussion if we don't define precisely the term we are using.
The guys crying wolf don't think of themself as shortsighted when they see only what's happening in front of them and not many miles away, that's quite ironic.

mudballs

I said it's no big deal, do what you want, the gene pool globally can't be hurt really...some guy in Cincinnati that's new and can only grow 4 plants can mess up his locales gene pool...then hop on overgrow trade thread "hey i got gsc forum cut x chemd crosses, anyone want to trade?"

eastcoastjoe

IMO the cannabis gene pool is much bigger than what is commercialy available, it is also composed by all the different seeds grown all over the world who will hardly be commercialy available to us western growers. And in many places there is not a single fem seeds grown but only locally sourced regular seeds. It's always difficult to have a real discussion if we don't define precisely the term we are using.
The guys crying wolf don't think of themself as shortsighted when they see only what's happening in front of them and not many miles away, that's quite ironic.

That’s what I was getting at. Their argument of a tent grower ruining the “genepool” by growing fems is ridiculous and very shortsighted. I have yet to even hear a single argument why it is even true

Latest posts

Latest posts