What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been seeing ins up for sure in so cal. Its that time of year. 2000 for decent ins, badass units for 27-3000

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soooo.......what ahhhh.....what happens now? Numbers? Compassion? Survival? Whats the score? Whats next?

Lyfespan

dispensaries took quite the run this week, with people stocking up, look to see all prices jump.

units are definitely going to be flying again

HHILL

I think the state may limit dispos to necessity only, as in you need a med card again. That’s what I hear in Oakland at least. Though I expect to see an uptick in delivery service which is all good i heard.

I recalled some of my packs as they were sitting at 12 still.

rolandomota

Veteran
I would rather buy a pound of Mexico than an ounce of bullshit I say I'm lucky ....most think the opposite lol to them

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still seeing the top fire ins around 24-26 and some well preserved deps/fullsun between 14-16
Some cheaper work too but those are the high end #s

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
It sounds like some of you guys are quoting the highest price ever heard of for cannabis including inflation this year's price etc. Ten or twenty years ago when it was still illegal you might pay 3k or 3500 for a pound of outdoor. With super high variability between all of the buyers and sellers in the black market supply chain. Markup from 500 or 1500 to 3500 perhaps. Nowadays as long as security isn't a major concern (police are kind of like neutral or they can be used against people like pawns or chess like strategy) about $1000 a pound sounds about right fair able to make a living. Indoor or outdoor doesn't really matter because there aren't too many issues with sterile rooms that run themselves, only paying bills and going to the hydro store for more bottles. Instead outdoors in the wild you have to prepare for deal with protect the plants from the elements and nature. Outdoor requires just as much time energy and money to produce as indoor if not more. Indoor is simply more expensive because of electricity cost and space limit (using a building for 18" plants instead of people or a hotel or shelter). It is starting to sound to me like a lot of the California outdoor doesn't make it to the Los Angeles area, instead they have their own much smaller supply only it is grown under lights and costs a lot more to consume. That may happen in your network your workplace. As a consumer (and personal hobby grower) I want the price to be lower, honestly speaking. I want better quality, more time and effort invested into the plant. More love and care for the trees. And with a lower price point to show compassion. Such astronomical price tags for indoor bud these numbers are only for who? A combination of high end black market and overzealous capitalist recreational shops? I support legalization I support everyone's right to grow and choose and pay taxes for full and part time employees with benefits who earn social security dental vision full fledged members of society. Not someone's cousin who just trimmed some crap in the basement and now wants 200 or 300 an ounce for it, the same person who was against legalization just a little while ago. No thanks I'll stick with my 100% Legal $25-35 1/8ths $200 ounces $25-40 grams of live resin co2 extract foot rubs drinks bath bombs et cetera. 2400 for one pound sixteen ounces of indoor flower is something I won't ever see most likely, not buying or selling or the slightest interest. It's for the birds you can keep it you can have it. Maybe there are San Diego or Beverly Hills 'clients' who don't really smoke with more printed paper money than brains. I've thought about it a few times, same thing. It could be the whole southern California culture, of not using the natural sunlight for some reason. Running generators crude oil wells and indoor electricity in Los Angeles county is the stupidest thing you can be doing for the environment and for your own wallet simultaneously. They don't want to hear that because a rockwool grower is not likely able to transition seamlessly to a natural farmer. Apples and oranges..and little purplish fuzzy grapes..

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
May I ask that we keep this thread on topic. The topic is the wholesale price of cannabis in Calif. Not the price of 8ths or ounces ... WHOLESALE only please. This is not a place to rant about how you feel about the industry or the sunshine in certain parts of the country ... this is about Wholesale Cannabis Prices in California ... please please stay on topic.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
May I ask that we keep this thread on topic. The topic is the wholesale price of cannabis in Calif. Not the price of 8ths or ounces ... WHOLESALE only please. This is not a place to rant about how you feel about the industry or the sunshine in certain parts of the country ... this is about Wholesale Cannabis Prices in California ... please please stay on topic.
Thank you! :tiphat:

CrushnYuba

It would be helpful if people could remember to say what general area of CA it is and what it looks like. The state is big. There's a big difference between ins, fresh deps ( don't know if there is any really yet), well preserved nice outdoor, and lower end stuff. This is a really strange time and i really appreciate any info u guys can come up with. Covid is slowing down the out of town shoppers.

Artspliff: i doubt you will even read this, but u need to cut the shit out. It's nothing but diarea of the keyboard that you post every single time. Someone needs to talk to a moderater about this dude. He needs to be banned or at least warned. At first i was entertained by it but this guy seriously has never contributed anything. Never asked a question. I don't think this guy has learned anything about cultivation from this forum. It seems like he locks random threads to rant about good knows what. He needs to hire a therapist If he needs to talk to someone. Who can i report this to?