What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
fvasquez my mistake it was 1550 and i bought it because i had already purchased from the same source many times before

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fva i think just meant “tried it out” as in tested the product to see if it was any good like smoking it lol

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It been 12 for outs (maybe dep) mendo divided between 2 diff strains each time, for variety, the last bunch o years. Same number through thick and thin. Sight unseen, always excellent. That is how you build loyalty and trust in a customer.

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

Usually there is a price rise after xmas and new years. People need money for holidays. This year is no different. I know some people that were scrambling to move packs so they can get their kids junk. And there are some shoppers in town trying to take advantage of that last minute shopping before prices rise.

Prices go up after holidays, and it goes up consistently as supply diminishes until depps come out.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
if i bought an ounce of this particular indoor stuff i would not have bought fifteen more you have a really good point there Crooked8
i don't think i had an option to buy 1/2 oz of three or four different varieties at that time, more like take it or leave it big price to pay

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
North Central California:

Im getting 16 to 18. Its kind of slow, but it will pick up later. The market is far less flooded then it has been for years. A lot of big grows were taken down

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Interesting concept, comparing my small hobby grow from last year to flowers I bought from others is a stretch in the sense of quantity or consistent access, convenience if you will. Growing even as a proof of concept of affordability or out of curiosity.

I am no Dr. Purpur or many other top growers here in any sense. With that said I am happier with my own home grown than bud from dispensaries I purchased. Maybe when I was 12 years old I could say ok this is a bud I grew and top shelf cannabis is better. Where we are today is it looks like a lot of the market is flooded with less educated and/or less motivated growers, if I add in the words looking to make a buck it is redundant.

Suppose I grow five or ten pounds in the yard here, I'll sell it for the same price as the next person, wholesale. Without using the p word we can think of the price or the cost as arbitrary given some explanation and understanding. If my uncle pulls up out of nowhere to a guerrilla grow spot in the sticks and drops off a dump truck of manure, well the "cost" of producing the cannabis is zero. Now instead suppose I commute and work in a cubicle 50+ hours a week and pay rent on a third story apartment where I have a closet or tent grow going. That apartment cannabis is already expensive by itself, before a seedling sprouts. This kind of market or cost/price influence is an idea distinct/separate from the quality of the product from the grower. Meaning the large scale manure grow may turn out awesome quality or it could be grass clippings. Same thing with the expensive apartment grow it may be done very well or not so much but at the end of the day is the grower going to base their asking price on what it cost them to produce or how well it turned out? There may be some people that would tend to have it all laid out in the open as one big market or bazaar. Of course all the sucky growers would not favor such an open market because they are trying to peddle stuff people won't buy for a price they won't pay in any way they can.

Last edited:

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Orange county California...

Retail Oz from Santa Ana greenhouse delivered 60 to 160 .

Retail Dispensary 20 to 60 1/8 indoor

Wholsale Light DEP 900 to 1200

Zero hemp paks.

Hemp shops 25 to 40 an 1/8.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
indoor is actually garbage most of the time and people get really into it just look who is bragging :fail:
in between the lines, under their breath, some people act like it is a competition and they are delighted the asking price is higher
not sure how else to compare it than people attempting to sell gold foil card packs with a stick of gum inside, hobby grower indoor hobby shop seeds :tiphat:
brand name and sticker before you even see what the bud looks like :facepalm:
all this nonsense about flower and terpenes like it is an auto body paint store and you need a degree to be there to understand :no:

CrushnYuba

Wtf? Indoor is not garbage most of the time. I can grow better weed most of the time inside then with sun. And it's always consistent from batch to batch and grower to grower.
You got to start watching the topics of threads!

I'm in Santa Rosa right now. Second rate shit is 1150. Supply has dwindled. Haven't seen much nice things. In a couple more weeks I'll start offering some of my nice stuff at 1350

Lyfespan

Wtf? Indoor is not garbage most of the time. I can grow better weed most of the time inside then with sun. And it's always consistent from batch to batch and grower to grower.
You got to start watching the topics of threads!

I'm in Santa Rosa right now. Second rate shit is 1150. Supply has dwindled. Haven't seen much nice things. In a couple more weeks I'll start offering some of my nice stuff at 1350

just offed some of my less terpy indoor units for 17 in socal