What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

theJointedOne

Veteran
on the hill deps for 13-14 for some serious high grade gas, plenty low to make decent margins on the ship out

full term im not gonna take less than 12, all the way up,

calisun

The best prices I'm seeing in norcal is 9 full term fire outs. I'm hearing of 12 but I can't find those people yet. it's all who you know I guess.

trippn

got shown some stuff that was kinda wack full term for 1k, showed him my stuff i am asking 13 for, much better, they agreed worth it. def sticking with 12- 13 this year.

central coast ca

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just jacked our ins up to 28, people are irritated but they also said “everyone keeps doing this shit to us”. Thats fuckin right. Your prices stayed the same while we got hustled all these years. If you dont want it someone else does. The supply during harvest season this year will be the shortest lived in a long time. Mark my words, come Dec/Jan prices will move up even higher.

I

i0dineAlf

I just started following this thread.

Not because I live in California, I just find it interesting.

After a few hours of going through the pages, I only came to one conclusion:

If Calgrower killed himself, this thread would be a lot better.

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting this.

If so, I will remove the comment.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Fuck for name brand indo it’s taxed I just paid 350 for a zip of Mac 1 and I was lucky to be able to buy a zip. Shit biscotti Mac gelatos they all go for old school prices. I’m not ashamed to say I’ll pay 100 for a 7 if it’s bomb. So much boof here people don’t know what good herb is. I’m sure with medical being passed the quality of herb will go up. But I hope not. Because. I’ll get 3 maybe 32 for my indoor if I let a unit go. Sorry fellas your deft getting fucked on your ticket. If I had the bread I did back in the day I’d come help out lol.

HHILL

I keep hearing 11-12 for outdoor in the Bay Area, People need to pay bills, etc. Nickel and Dimes to get the price down.... whatever

This is upsetting on many levels. First, the price is set by the lowest common denomiter....ie, the cheapest weed. That product may be inferior to what you have, but that is the going rate.

Secondly, I, as do many of us here in ICMAG, practice organic methods for our outdoor crops, sometimes biodynamic, sometimes KNF, sometimes a bit of all of the above. It’s hard to competer with those that use miracle grow and almond/pistachio fertilizers and the associated pesticides /fungicides (not to mention morally wrong on the pesticides).

Thirdly, we take pride in our flowers, do not thrash them about during harvest, rather we treat each plant as a personal harvest rather than a commodity.

Fourth, did I mention commodity? These are not pork bellies yet, nor corn futures. These are individual plants, with unique charactists which differ from one another..... usually in a good way.
(I love my own unique hybrid strains, they are generally pretty darn good).

Anyway, leave the cheap boof to the growers who do not have a heart, who ar not passionate. Just leave it. Stick to the price you feel you need in order to put food on your table, earn a small modest (supplemental) income for the year.

Peace and hope the cannabis gods shine on everyone....

Last edited:

palmeezy

widespread availability of cali/WC OD is the new driving force behind lower prices in michigan, at least from my perspective. legalization plays into it as well.

what i've seen is usually pretty decent in terms of smell, bag appeal, burn, taste.

F

Fermented

Apologies in advance, this post is off topic and refers to the lack of mention about the quality of the high as a selection criteria for wholesale and retail buyers of Californian bud

"in terms of smell, bag appeal, burn, taste."

The quality of the high is worth a vast majority of any bud purchase evaluation, plus you can add or minus a few points for the duration of the high and it's come down effects......but smell, taste, bag appeal etc (which don't make my brain dance) are barely a consideration...why should they? This has always baffled me since I first started hearing and reading about this in the 90's.

If cannabis didn't get you high and only had great smell, bag appeal, burn & taste then zero people would want to smoke it.

I always thought that the relaxing of laws in the west coast of the US (the epicenter of modern cannabis) over the past 25 years would mean and increase in the production of trippy, happy, active, intelligent highs from 70's Asian sativas, haze hybrids, African strains etc but I was wrong as it seems that it's still a market based on yield, speed of flowering, bag appeal, name etc with the quality of the high being way down the selection criteria list!

I also thought that when corporate cannabis captures most of the market, lots of small growers would fill the niche with 20 week flowering with excellent "wow" highs and this bud would command 3 ~ 5 times the price of corporate bud so we would see hundreds of new hybrids with lots of variation of highs. (I haven't grown any Ace seeds, but from all reports I've read, these guys are definitely pursuing the quality of the high when making hybrids)....but this hasn't really happened either, but maybe as tropical countries legalize, then we might see the resurgence of active, smart, happy highs? But maybe not, as people are less active now, lifestyles have changed and they now need the dulling, deeeeep, dumbing down, soothing warmth couchy-ness from a good indica instead of a high that highlights sounds, touch, colors, positive thoughts etc.

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I always thought that the relaxing of laws in the west coast of the US (the epicenter of modern cannabis) over the past 25 years would mean and increase in the production of trippy, happy, active, intelligent highs from 70's Asian sativas, haze hybrids, African strains etc but I was wrong as it seems that it's still a market based on yield, speed of flowering, bag appeal, name etc with the quality of the high being way down the selection criteria list!

did u really think that we were going to see kick-ass 20week sativa's from yesteryear... what grower in his rite mind is going to have '2' harvest's a year, when he can have '5'... unless people are willing to pay up (i for one, would def pay for some 20week sativa)... in my travels to calif, i have tried a number of so-called 'sativa's' ... they mite have some sativa in it... probably about as much as eliz warren has indian in her blood..

if u want sativa... u gotta grow it yourself..

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Im in California, and I grow all kinds weed. We probably had 150 plants this year. The Indicas and hybrids came down long ago. The Sativas and hazes are still rockin out. I have some Ace plants out there right now. Malawi, Hunnan , Vietnamese Black, Panama to mention a few. I also have a big plant from seed Nevil sent me. Nevilles Haze x Oax.

Its just all in who you know

budsicles

did u really think that we were going to see kick-ass 20week sativa's from yesteryear... what grower in his rite mind is going to have '2' harvest's a year, when he can have '5'... unless people are willing to pay up (i for one, would def pay for some 20week sativa)...

It's not just the growers. I have provided very uplifting 75%+ sativa hybrids to friends and found that many of them hate the racy, energetic high. They complain about it producing anxiety and providing very little relaxation. Seems like the modern market demands more narcotic type strains. Most people nowadays seem to want indica heavy varieties that feel like opiates rather than sativas that feel like meth/lsd. I know there are people out there that want sativas...but I get numerous complaints when I hand out racy sativa hybrids, and zero complaints with narcotic indica hybrids.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
It's not just the growers. I have provided very uplifting 75%+ sativa hybrids to friends and found that many of them hate the racy, energetic high. They complain about it producing anxiety and providing very little relaxation. Seems like the modern market demands more narcotic type strains. Most people nowadays seem to want indica heavy varieties that feel like opiates rather than sativas that feel like meth/lsd. I know there are people out there that want sativas...but I get numerous complaints when I hand out racy sativa hybrids, and zero complaints with narcotic indica hybrids.

I will smoke your racy trip weed

Latest posts

Latest posts