What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
15 seems to be the number in my neighborhood too. hope you didn't beat up your plug too bad when numbers were down these last few years, vengeance will now be theirs hahaha.

This made me laugh, ive def been sticking it to those who gave me a hard time this past few years. Basically a feeding frenzy rn, anyone who wants to argue can pound sand. Enjoy having nothing instead of top shelf :) im glad were finally getting respect for busting and risking our ass. If you weathered the storm wo hanging your hat its a good time to be alive.

furrywall11

What do you guys think in for Cali and Oregon October-December prices? Drop back down to 1k/unit for fire gas? Or hang out in in the 12's for gas?

I've heard some wild theories about prices going to shoot up to the 2k/unit range because the drought hasn't fully set in yet.

What do you think?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is an exodus out of nor cal. Many farmers of many years just got raided and their lives as they know it have to change. Those who make it to the end w no permits this year need to make serious site choices next year. It will get harder and harder and this will drive up the numbers over the next couple years until big business can buy in. That will drop prices most likely but could also raise it on boutique stuff. Think oreo vs the most boutique cookies you can buy. 2 cookies for 6 bucks or two whole packs of oreos same price. Thats happening.

What do you guys think in for Cali and Oregon October-December prices? Drop back down to 1k/unit for fire gas? Or hang out in in the 12's for gas?

I've heard some wild theories about prices going to shoot up to the 2k/unit range because the drought hasn't fully set in yet.

What do you think?

No dog in the fight, as buyer nor seller but I would guess you are closer at 12 than at $2k. :2cents:

furrywall11

This is the story I've heard floated, as well. Massive raids - even National Guard- in the emerald triangle shutting those super flagrant wayyyyy over the theorized legal amount grows. And that's what created the big drought that kicked in around April of this year where lbs of outdoors were going for 12-15 without hesitation and higher for deps. In 2013 I would've said OK, business as usual...prices picking up in March-April.....but, around May-June I started hearing things like "I have 20 year connections deep in the woods in the Triangle and there is simply NOTHING to be had." I'd never heard that before in my 9 years in Norcal and Oregon. And I've seen some shit. ;)

The Dep season this year was pretty normal 15-16 for gas (was 19 for gas deps in 2015-2016) but the business seemed super brisk. Like there were a lot of hungry guys from out of town.

There's also this thing I'm seeing that's a new one on me where the 1000-1200 price point gets you a whole range of good bud from kinda bleh to dam that's fire but not gas and people are eating that up like crazy but as soon as you want 1400-1600 for a lb, even if it's some botique outdoor Fire OG COOKIES perfectly trimmed people are balking at it like nah can't go that high. My reaction is like wtf, this is something that's legit 2x as good and you won't pay 300 more for it? that's nuts.
I'm thinking there's a whole bunch of people that are looking for inexpensive units that are just OKAY....kinds sucks because my niche is growing gas, hand trimming it, growing an outdoor plant so well that it looks like indoor. I'll figure something out though!

And then this other market that wants ACTUAL indoor boutique strains and are willing to pay 2500-3000 for them. still.

There's something going on.

Anyways, I just got the opening salvo for the Oregon grow season boxes of Kush crosses at 1250. Storefront purchase, walk in, look at them and play with them as you will in downtown with security guards all legit.

It takes so much work and financial investment to grow cannabis. I hope the prices stay above 1200/unit for outdoor gas this year. Any lower and you have to be using slave labor, cutting corners, whatever.

Best of luck to everyone!!! Lets keep it roots

There is an exodus out of nor cal. Many farmers of many years just got raided and their lives as they know it have to change. Those who make it to the end w no permits this year need to make serious site choices next year. It will get harder and harder and this will drive up the numbers over the next couple years until big business can buy in. That will drop prices most likely but could also raise it on boutique stuff. Think oreo vs the most boutique cookies you can buy. 2 cookies for 6 bucks or two whole packs of oreos same price. Thats happening.

HHILL

So the prices I am hearing full term is 1100-1200 per. That, to me is applling. Less than minimum wage with all said and done.

This is in the SF Bay ara. I am shocked and appalled. F this for carefully grown organic flowers.
Seems like eagle 20 is back in charge, as are the bullshit regs"...."..

HHILL

I guess, at my wage, as owner, grower and producer, I can make more money working at McDonalds.... that is a sad day indeed.

Flip a burger, flip an ounce....

HHILL

True but I know what I’d rather do all day..

So I guess you’d rather make minimum wages for a complex flower? Throw some seeds in some arbitrary dirt and make a bunch of money?

I’m sorry, it is really hard to accept the reality of pricing of the miracle grow farms, and compare the prices to the flowers that are good

So I guess you’d rather make minimum wages for a complex flower? Throw some seeds in some arbitrary dirt and make a bunch of money?

I’m sorry, it is really hard to accept the reality of pricing of the miracle grow farms, and compare the prices to the flowers that are good

Then let people smoke shit. I see both sides of the coin,, guys hawking outdoor mids (for what SHOULD be) lower GH/LD pricing...as well as guys who have exceptional outdoor that is superior. There are individuals in illegal states, as well as in other legal states who will obviously pay more. Increased profit generally involves a corresponding increase in exposure.

It doesn't really matter if you are a supplier or a consumer, removing a middleman or two can sometimes get you where you want to be. Food for thought....

JetLife175

Veteran
And this is why we got ours in early. You always gotta beat the flood to market to get what you want or you’ll be holding boxes until April.

A lot of people have gotten popped. They came to our property a week after the last box left the hill and they were quite pissed.

Looks like we are back in the CAMP days.....

PDX Dopesmoker

One of the crazy things is that I pay $100 for a carton of cigarettes, and my neighbor goes through and ounce of cannabis for $100 at the same rate.

Tobacco is as expensive or more so than cannabis these days. At last in the States

With those kinda prices, California would be a great locations to run a cigarette smuggling or illegal production racket.

Very true then. It is what it is... the market will bear what the market will bear.

I have no idea wohat I am saying,
Just that offered 1100 a unit, way too cheap. I feel that 1500/unit is fair and reasonable,able to earn a decent living, that’s all....

Honestly, I’m happy passing z’s for a buck these days. Quality in, quality period.

But that ain’t no wholesale unit or units and such.... seems way too cheap at 1000-1100 for quality. You gotta have a rapport with the grower, go back years with the grower, some dealings with the grower... then after all this time the flowers somehow become substandard, then you are shit out of luck.....

True that, indeed. You can’t produce crap flowers in the triangle and hope to get more than the Hmong’s. Jus5 the way it is.

But you can produce amazing flowers and be offered crap prices like the Hmong’s.

I wish people would be honest, and fair in the traditional market. That’d be cool.....

I completely understand where you're coming from. I refuse to commit felonies for peanuts. It seems that these days, everybody wants something for nothing. It's not like it's exclusive to weed culture. Haha

There's really some irony in all of this, as well. The medical dispensary by me charges $50 -$60 an 1/8 for anything half decent.

THMQ always came before Ask Ed for me as a kid. I hadn't even tried cannabis yet at that age, but it grew into a fascination to my analytical mind. I lived in flyover country most of my life, and I've never even been to the triangle. I can tell you this, though. From where I stand, it appears that those who have decided to stay in the game basically have two choices. Either to subsist, or to get creative and figure out a way to avoid involvement in the race to the bottom. You've got the product to differentiate yourself, find yourself some good thought-provoking herb, imbibe and let your mind bubble on it.

I am fairly centered, as it comes to the environment. With that being said, there are people like myself that have a notable respect for people like you who are doing things right and not cutting corners. I.e. organics, concern for your impact on the environment, etc. That doesn't pay the bills, but it is a feather in your cap nevertheless.

I'm wishing for a great croptober for all you guys and gals out there! Hang in there.

:plant grow:

Latest posts

Latest posts