What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

CrushnYuba

Plenty of rosin threads.. Lot of overstock with my local distributors atm. Black mkt lower than ever, 375-425 for bd, tangle, etc. Deps around 8-1000

That's weird. Depps in late December. I kind of feel like "depps" has become a term to describe nicer outdoor
I don't know anyone still holding onto depps. Kind doesn't make sense to harvest something in June-sept when the market is at it's peak, and sell an aging product when the market it's at it's lowest. It makes more sense to sell It when it's still fresh and when It can get the highest price.

theJointedOne

Veteran
That's weird. Depps in late December. I kind of feel like "depps" has become a term to describe nicer outdoor
I don't know anyone still holding onto depps. Kind doesn't make sense to harvest something in June-sept when the market is at it's peak, and sell an aging product when the market it's at it's lowest. It makes more sense to sell It when it's still fresh and when It can get the highest price.

I was just in Salinas and Monterey yesterday touring some hugeeee operations. Most of the newer setups were equipped with blackout systems. Imo if the cost is low.like it is for them at that point it's better to do covering rather than natural flowering during acceptable photoperiods.

I'm talking about acres and acres and acres..the future..

calisun

I was just in Salinas and Monterey yesterday touring some hugeeee operations. Most of the newer setups were equipped with blackout systems. Imo if the cost is low.like it is for them at that point it's better to do covering rather than natural flowering during acceptable photoperiods.

Make sure to do you DD if you are looking to invest. I ran into a scam there. I didn't invest because we cought the company in a bunch of lies.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Make sure to do you DD if you are looking to invest. I ran into a scam there. I didn't invest because we cought the company in a bunch of lies.

The only thing any of these companies can do is try to produce the most for the least amount of investment or to try to grow the best. Unless they have some sort of political pull I do not see how anyone can predict who survives in big cannabusiness. Many will fail hard and try to drag the others down with them.

calisun

The only thing any of these companies can do is try to produce the most for the least amount of investment or to try to grow the best. Unless they have some sort of political pull I do not see how anyone can predict who survives in big cannabusiness. Many will fail hard and try to drag the others down with them.

I agree mostly but if someone takes a tour of their facility and looks over their prospectus etc..they can make a educated prediction how that company will fair.

packerfan79

Veteran
I got a buddy that took over 1000 lights recently. The owners have been up and running for a year and haven't managed to finish a crop. To try and salvage the business they had to find a group that has experience with large scale cultivation. I wonder how many people with go broke trying to make it happen?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I agree mostly but if someone takes a tour of their facility and looks over their prospectus etc..they can make a educated prediction how that company will fair.

Yeah. I'm more of the see how to run the big boys out of business type. Just looking out for small family size farms and my favorite plant.

CrushnYuba

It is the future. No one really does full term plants in greenhouses in California anymore.
But the keyword is during acceptable photo periods. The last runs in a greenhouse that finish past oct 1st are not depps.. And there are is no quality difference between oct/nov greenhouse runs and outdoor. Not here where we have mediteranian climate. We didn't even get rain until thanksgiving this year. And my greenhouses on thermostats didn't close vents or kick on heat until mid nov. In fact, my greenhouse runs pulled just before thanksgiving are not as good as my full terms pulled on holoween. My greenhouse runs that were pulled at the same time as outdoor were the same quality. The only greenhouse runs that were actually better then full terms were the actual light depps. Runs pulled between June and oct 1st.

Depps at this time of the year has just become a marketing term to describe top shelf Sun grown.

calisun

Yeah. I'm more of the see how to run the big boys out of business type. Just looking out for small family size farms and my favorite plant.

I agree totally, I want to see the same thing. Growing has always been a hobbie and passion for me.
We got to keep the great strains out of their hands
Back to the thread topic
Been seeing 800-950 for this years outs in NorCal

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your product is unique and perfect indoor loaded with flavor and bag appeal 2k should be no problem

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i don't see how prices will rise.. as each state goes legal, there is more supply- the % of people who smoke now non-legal, n the % of people who will smoke legal will remain more or less the same... ie a small % of non-smokers mite become occasional smokers, but they will not take up the slack of the new production of weed...

maybe i'm wrong... its happened b4

Wendull C.

Veteran
If your product is unique and perfect indoor loaded with flavor and bag appeal 2k should be no problem

I can get 2 per on perfect Jack here let's say, and 15 per on sherbert. It's all how its grown and handled. For fucks sake guys, hand trim your shit. I don't care if you have to hire the whole fucking family. Quit machine molesting buds.

Personally , I only touch the stem and twist the bud.

My buddy from Michigan was out to experience an outdoor grow on an okay scale. He couldn't believe the amount of people I fired for not trimming right. Or as he told his wife when she picked him up and wanted to try trimming, " just don't finger fuck his buds." Lmfao , she thought it was a vulgar comment.

I'm high and ramblin again, sorry. Hand trim that shit!:tiphat:

Wendull C.

Veteran
i don't see how prices will rise.. as each state goes legal, there is more supply- the % of people who smoke now non-legal, n the % of people who will smoke legal will remain more or less the same... ie a small % of non-smokers mite become occasional smokers, but they will not take up the slack of the new production of weed...

maybe i'm wrong... its happened b4

Prices are already rising if your product has demand.

ion

its all about goalposts

you grow great weed, but then you finally stumble across a specimen that makes you feel like a kid in science class with a solo cup and a sunflower seed.

im east coast, theres packs and packs of ME coming in, MA coming in and still packs+ coming from out west.....

the bag is there, the smell is there, you sample it and go for a ride around the block then.......you reach for your own 20min later.

yes, there will be a deluge of pot forthhence, but its all budweiser. if'n you can grow bona fide, you will be liked and rewarded.

methinks.