What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammerhead, this is a thread about wholesale market prices, and is not exclusively limited to the prices that we receive for our own product. None of the numbers I have quoted are for product that I personally grew, I share this feedback to participate in the community in what I hope is a helpful constructive manner.

Your mention of number seemed in response to critter's question about in state wedding cake light dep prices which is why I responded in the manner that I did.

You "dont see why" dep doesnt get indoor prices, but this exposes your lack of familiarity with the local marketplace. Your personal opinion, just like mine, is 100% useless for the purposes of sharing with others actual facts and experiences. Speculation is not helpful on this case.

Leave your ego at the door. This is not the first time I received an unwarranted attitude from you.

Im sorry, hammer been around here a looooong time. He knows a thing or two about outdoor as should anyone with mastery of indoor. His opinion is worth something and I agree if someone had the sickest deps they could go for near indoor prices. All respect of course.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok ive deleted 10 post since i last asked you guys to stay on topic. Please show the site some respect.. The topic is Wholesale Prices In California.

What are y’all gonna do as the rest of the country starts producing more, won’t that effect the ability to export? The reason the prices are bunk is overproduction. Good outs should never be under the 14-16 area. The brokers are getting way more than that. New York ate up everything on the east coast this year and bulk was 2-28. Why drive the price down?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here in CALI no one I know sales there quality for less than 2 lol. I never vend to a broker that just stupid if your producing less then 5lb a harvest. If your growing boof that's why you cant sale your weed every year. Have fun with that. If your asking 1k for top quality there's something wrong with it. Than you add on its cured so you can sale it. Its all boof. If people want quality they will pay for it. If I got some of you thinking that's good,you better up your game. I don't even bother with those producing 250lb a month. These are the guys that will put all the boof growers out of business. You few shouldn't want to argue what someone else gets for there top shelf. I think its great when any can get what they think there weed is worth. I'll let you continue arguing about it. It looks like people just don't listen. Happy Thanksgiving..

Last edited:

zoo

This is one of the best threads on here. Interesting watching how things are unfolding in Cali, sorry to stray off topic. Keep it coming

Business needs to work together not try to overproduce and take others out. It’s ridiculous to marginalize this medicine just for #takeover. Growers union might help protect the diminishing returns.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Business needs to work together not try to overproduce and take others out. It’s ridiculous to marginalize this medicine just for #takeover. Growers union might help protect the diminishing returns.

People need to start concentrating on producing the most unique high quality product they can. Teaching others that love the plant how to also do the same and let the commercial minded growers race to the bottom.

Create something the consumer offers to pay extra for.

CrushnYuba

Crooked8: you are right. The best depps are about the same as indoor prices. Indoors isn't 2 either in BULK. The nicest depps this summer maxed out at about 12. They were indistinguishable from top shelf indoor. And indoor was probably about 13 this summer.
Hammerhead is talking about only pulling 5 lb a harvest. And says he never vends to brokers. So whatever he is talking about is not within our broker driven state market. 2 is not the MARKET value. Maybe he is selling ounces to smokers.

I'm sure it's really great weed. And I'm sure he does get 2 for his few lbs. But that's because his extraordinary connection, and because he it's very small scale. Its not because his is just worth 2 and everyone else's outs worth 12.

That's like when i buy holloween candy of my kids. I give them 1$ for a mini piece of candy that costs 50 cents at the store. I don't want them to eat all that sugar and I'm hungry. It works for us so i pay it. Doesn't mean the MARKET value of that candy is 1$. It's still 50 cents. I do it every year.

If you gave. 50 lbs of hamerheads weed to 99.99% of the guys in this business, they couldn't get more then 13-14. Shit, if you gave 1 lb of that weed to 99% of those guys, they couldn't get more. Why would they buy it for 2 if they can get it for 13 from someone else.

We are talking about market value. Not flukes

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope I don't sale oz. I'm not a commercial supplier. I'm artisan exotic supplier. This is the market value for all of us.. I would recommend everyone start supporting your local exotic suppliers who knows what there doing . Let all these commercial ops do there own work. Let them have that "legal market". I'm no fan of that cluster fuk. Stop supplying everyone with your best clones. Sharing is fine but not with the world. They will end up someplace that shouldn't have it. You will get screwed in the end every time. Anytime I find B grade or I fuk up a run and get boof its donated no charge. All my trim is donated.

Low balling your top shelf ruins the market value. If your are selling really good top shelf at those prices your hurting the whole market not just yourselves. If people would stop doing that prices would go back up. I can understand when some are in a rut and needs cash.. For the most part stop taking those low ball offers. Those growing boof can have that market. Quality above all else you will get your $$. unfortunately many are satisfied with that crap. This shit ain't rocket science.

Ask yourself What is my time and skills worth. Stick to ur guns. If brokers are your game your not in my market im good with that. There's always gonna be someone sealing boof. Let then have that market. You cant compete with a op that can grow major lbs a month. They can make a huge profit vending lb for pennies. There's more than a single broker driven market. I don't want any part of it. It's a lose lose arrangement.

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

If brokers are your game your not in my market im good with that.

The name of this thread is "wholesale pot prices". Brokers are people who sell cannabis wholesale. The wholesale market IS the broker market.

I'm really glad that you actually get what your weed is truly worth. I wish we all did. But what it is worth to a broker, is what the wholesale market value is. Im sure your weed is great, but no one would buy 100 lbs from you at 2k.
You aren't talking wholesale. You also said you have less then 5 lb harvests.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope not to me. Brokers shouldn't even be part of the discussion. I don't need a middle man to vend my flowers. Like I said using a broker is lose lose. IMO its not necessary to use one. I put in allot of attention to ea plant. No way I could do what I do with 100lb harvest. 5lb is about ave for the quality I vend from a run. Allot doesn't meet my quality standards so its donated. Most are test runs from my seed projects. Maybe there should be a separate thread for quality Wholesale in cali :D. It takes a long time to find ,make,test plants. My goal is to create,grow the best quality cannabis I can. For the most part everything is made and grown by me. That's worth every penny I ask for.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hammerhead, you need a thread for street prices.

Not everyone is hobby grower. I'm not commercial, but even I have a middle man up here. I give away more than 5 lbs, but what in the name of dying fuck will I do with 100lbs? Enter the middle man.

I don't care if you grow corn, wheat or weed, that's how it works with all crops and that's not gonna change. Ever.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like I said you all can have that " legal market" I don't want any part of it. I don't vend to people on the street:D. The people I vend to are long term relationships. I wouldn't paint what I do as a hobby its allot of hard ass work. If my product is not what it should be customers will go to the next guy and there are many including brokers. Since I'm not commercial I cant meet there demands. Enter commercial growers here to fill that demand. There will always be a market for what I do. IMO there should be many more doing the same. This isn't a get rick quick business. Enter the commercial op here thinking it is. If this thread is about Commercial wholesale operations then ya those are the prices they can charge and still make millions in profits. The more you grow the cheaper u can sale it for. I must be in the wrong thread oops.

Peace

HH

Last edited:

theJointedOne

Veteran
Brokers are far from legal and are likely taking the biggest risks,

Here's an idea for this thread.. maybe post number of units u saw, the type, and how much they went for..if you like maybe the general area of CA,

:)

That way we can tell if someone is getting 2 for 5 of craft indoor hammerheadkush in the valley. Or 1.2 for 50 of light dep sherbet in NorCal. Or maybe 800 for 200 full sun full term sour d in the triangle..

Something like that, I dunno could be ur own way but good info can be found in those stats.

Just an idea... obviously we will side track here and there.

I love discussion as much as anyone but this thread is almost a tool now for many members and even more non member/guests (which make up the majority of icmag daily readers fwiw)

Enjoy the rain

CrushnYuba

What in very curious to know... Is how much the New licenced stuff is going for. All the numbers we have been talking have been unlicensed broker numbers. I want to know what the licenced producers are getting from licenced clubs through the states seed to shelf tracking system or whatever u want to call it.

gh0stm0de

Hey Yuba,

Hearing 26-28 for licensed fire indoor keep in mind this is gross before taxes, not net. Think this means they take home 13-14 before production expenses. This was before full season harvest so it may have possibly dipped.

What I am curious to know is what tiers are you guys seeing what kinda breaks at? I get clowned when I ask them to show me love on 20. Is this typical for you guys? Not so long ago I'd expect and receive a break for just 2 units.

CrushnYuba

I don't really see you getting a break on 20 units. I don't see allot of breaks based of volume in General. But most buyers i see are buying way more then 20. It more depends on how bad they want to make it happen. I personally hate haggling.
But most brokers are only putting 25$ on each unit. Up to 50$ on small orders though. So on 20 units, I wouldn't think they would want it to come out of their end. As a grower, i mark my price. I'm not going to give a break on volume. I don't care if 2 people buy 50 lbs or 1 guy buys 100.

F

Fermented

This isn't a get rick quick business.

that statement reminds me of the Trailer Park Boys.