What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

OregonBorn

Been reading lately about yeast being developed to produce THC at an insane rate. I think all Cannabis growing may soon become completely obsolete.

In fact, THC appears to be such an amazing medical agent, researchers are working on breeding genetically modified yeast that can produce it way more efficiently than it would be to make synthetic versions.

Just like how raising cattle is obsolete from lab made meat? Fuck outta here....

6-8 for most outs, 8-1 for fresh deps. Hoping the track and trace program allows for some inflated prices, overhead for legal farmers is high.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Thanks for the info on trim prices. I’ve started giving away my trim locally to friends and friends of friends. The goodwill is worth more than driving a bunch of pounds across the state for a new bucks and free dabs and RSO are nice too.

As for the quality of outdoor in state, it is much higher than a few years ago. I was looking at Humboldtlocals grow from 2010 on another site the other day. High times did a story and footage of the grow was used in an Aljazeera documentary. It was mind blowing at the time but now would probably end up back east now. It would be a fairly routine procedure for most growers I know to put together and work an operation like that these days (thanks partly to that 2010 grow). Nobody wants to smoke Mr. Nice anymore and certainly no dispo would buy it. Now everyone is growing Og’s, diesel, gg4, amazing fruity strains like skittles and fire crosses from seed banks like South Fork Seeds. Competition for a place in the market has made everyone I know like a million times better growers than they were in 2010. I’d love to see what humboldtlocal is doing these days. I bet is equally mind blowing for the times.

I agree that garden blew some minds and opened the eyes of a lot of folks as to what was possible...lets give credit where credit is due though...ganja d and his girl took care of one of those gardens, and some other guys did the big one with the giant pond...humboldtlocal just owned the land.

On a diff wholesale subject, clones are going 4-7 each depending on variety. Saw a list was pretty fat selection and orders were like min 10 trays. Legal op but they getting rid on the side

cryptop

Thanks for the info on trim prices. I’ve started giving away my trim locally to friends and friends of friends. The goodwill is worth more than driving a bunch of pounds across the state for a new bucks and free dabs and RSO are nice too.

As for the quality of outdoor in state, it is much higher than a few years ago. I was looking at Humboldtlocals grow from 2010 on another site the other day. High times did a story and footage of the grow was used in an Aljazeera documentary. It was mind blowing at the time but now would probably end up back east now. It would be a fairly routine procedure for most growers I know to put together and work an operation like that these days (thanks partly to that 2010 grow). Nobody wants to smoke Mr. Nice anymore and certainly no dispo would buy it. Now everyone is growing Og’s, diesel, gg4, amazing fruity strains like skittles and fire crosses from seed banks like South Fork Seeds. Competition for a place in the market has made everyone I know like a million times better growers than they were in 2010. I’d love to see what humboldtlocal is doing these days. I bet is equally mind blowing for the times.

I think(?) his current spot is @mendohideout on instagram

MedResearcher

Veteran
Hoping the track and trace program allows for some inflated prices, overhead for legal farmers is high.

Craziest part of the legal overhead for a farmer, is the flat rate tax applied per pound. I think its 160 or 140 tax on every pound.

If a pound is wholesaled for 2k or 200, the farmer pays the same amount of tax on each pound. They were trying to suspend the tax for a few years, but seems the bill has stalled, and honestly suspending it is a joke, it should be changed, and should have never been written that way in the first place.

Imo, the tax was orchestrated to help shut down the many many current farmers, to make way for a few companies. A small or medium sized farmer, who wholesales the entire crop that 160 per pound is or will be a giant chunk of profit. If the prices get much lower, that chunk may be the difference between being worth the effort to farm or not.

A large company/corporation with vertical integration, breaking their own farmed product down to the gram. The 160 per pound is nothing, its cheaper than when they had to buy pounds from farmers.

I don't think the flat rate was a mistake, prop 64 was orchestrated, planned, combed over, and changed by politicians and lawyers. The idea that nobody brought up a flat rate versus a %, seems very unlikely to me.

Had a friend last season, driving 50# of trim. Pulled over by park ranger on the highway passing by federal land. Lost the trim, and caught a case. Don't think he showed up to court... well see what happens eventually.

Mr^^

furrywall11

NBK--- talking bout Norcal. Definitely getting lots of buyers over here..... hitting my homie up he's still trimming 2017's crop! Lookin' for all I can get my hands on at the right price!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
deps are flying and i dont see an end to that demand anytime soon..

yeah @ $300 per pound & as much as U want if you go pick it up ... i was offered this just yesterday it's 2017 light dep & smells old & kind of brown & musty ...it's real crap & looks exactly like the beasters i knew from upstate NY coming in via Canada from 20 years ago...he also offered me (unlimited supplies in bulk for pennies on the dollar) that this shit is being turned into distillate vape cartridges (the wave of the future?) i feel sorry for the generation of peeps that will be served this shit..i have pics if U want to see his samples ..

Storm Shadow

Veteran
50 pack Loud Dank Light Deps that look like indoors going for 1200 and these are top notch coming out of deep in NorCal

theJointedOne

Veteran
yeah @ $300 per pound & as much as U want if you go pick it up ... i was offered this just yesterday it's 2017 light dep & smells old & kind of brown & musty ...it's real crap & looks exactly like the beasters i knew from upstate NY coming in via Canada from 20 years ago...he also offered me (unlimited supplies in bulk for pennies on the dollar) that this shit is being turned into distillate vape cartridges (the wave of the future?) i feel sorry for the generation of peeps that will be served this shit..i have pics if U want to see his samples ..

im talking 2018 stuff..

cryptop

Are you all on the licensed side of things seeing a big saturation of people trying to offload bulk before July 1st?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Feel like the other shoe just dropped, one of my brokers just got his biz cut in half because his guys can't sell into the back door of dispensaries any more, "don't call us, we'll call you." Fuuuuuuck.

soil margin

Veteran
Feel like the other shoe just dropped, one of my brokers just got his biz cut in half because his guys can't sell into the back door of dispensaries any more, "don't call us, we'll call you." Fuuuuuuck.

That's exactly what all the big business want. Try and starve out the small guys so they can consolidate, take that shit over and turn it into coca cola.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Same thing happened here (Ontario) last year. Created a glut and killed prices.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
deps are flying and i dont see an end to that demand anytime soon..

Yeah, good fresh weed got dry all of a sudden. Im getting ready to pull a dep in about a week. Its amazing how good the quality from a dep can be, if its done right.

Most of mine will be processed as live rosin, so Im not sure how much pounds are going for. Im being offered 150 a zip, for flower before its even been picked, if that is any indicator.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah, good fresh weed got dry all of a sudden. Im getting ready to pull a dep in about a week. Its amazing how good the quality from a dep can be, if its done right.

Most of mine will be processed as live rosin, so Im not sure how much pounds are going for. Im being offered 150 a zip, for flower before its even been picked, if that is any indicator.

I heard about a gal buying wet frozen material to make into live rosin last month too, crazy. Where you located Doc?