What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

spazspaz

colorado is killing me...the shit they send is going for 150 an ounce for garbage and i sell 200 an ounce of AAA but no one wants it...

...bumfuck Egypt...colarado [sic]

As a reminder, you should anticipate that some seriously heavy hombres from the control tower of ibustmyself.ca.gov will soon reproach you for mentioning ounces and other states (and maybe even fabled nation states), regardless of how elegantly you are able to articulate a relationship between such information and Big Time Calif. Wholesale Prices.

While some high-gloss breeders or ski lounge dope store moguls will appreciate the appelation, "colarado," I might suggest that it would be more to your point to refer to that evil place as "Colita-shita-diarrhea-rado."

green404

-

Let me try to help you shithawk420, I read many reasons of failure in your post.

fuck.colorado is killing me.you guys send your crap here and i cant sell my AAA cause the shit they send

Don't blame other for your failure. Markets are full of multiple players the collection and competition sets the price. Your price obviously too high, your pricing structure is not working - The competitions pricing structure is.

the shit they send is going for 150 an ounce for garbage

Bashing your competition and their products only makes you look bad.

its hrting honest people like me

A good merchant thinks of his customers and clients
Consumers are getting a better price why do they care about a merchant that is trying to sell product at a higher price ?
Why are you “honest” ? Because you want to harvest more money from people ? = Fail.

For years/decades growers have been selling over priced stuff. Supply was low so were standards. Times have changed.

Everyone thinks their stuff is “the” best. The reality is if no one is buying ,,,?

geneva_sativa

Veteran
so we shouldn't blame Amazon for the destruction of mom and pop shops ? but blame those lazy fucking local shopkeepers for not giving their blood away every week so they could offer prices like CIA backed Bezos ?

. . . same dynamic happening in weedworld right now, they trying to wreck the market so they can be on top. . . sorry but that's some poor fucking reasoning up there ^

green404

I am going to to keep this relevant to the topic. Cali market and prices.

thats right, don't blame Amazon for the destruction of mom and pop shops, blame those lazy fucking local shopkeepers for not giving their blood away every week so they could offer prices like CIA backed Bezos

What are the "mom and pop" shops offering customers ? the same imported goods from china at a higher price and a poor return policy.
"buy local" from a company that buys from china ?

They were a middleman now consumers can go to higher up the chain and buy the same goods from less expensive suppliers like the "mom and pop" shops did. The small time middle man died, they offered nothing but an obstacle and a fee in a changing market.

. . . same dynamic happening in weedworld right now, they trying to wreck the market so they can be on top. . . sorry but that's some poor fucking reasoning up there ^

No, it is a much different dynamic. Weed prices were high because weed was illegal. Not many wanted to take the risk to grow and sell. Now that the legal risk is gone more people will grow and sell, more competition + more product = lower price.

I do think that on a high level the weed market is getting corrupted with regulations, taxes, fees, licenses, etc. This is actually keeping prices up.

mk6

quit whoring your shit out fk!!! so fkn tired of hearing I can get it for __$, so why the fk you calling me... ya fk-m! my shit dont sell for less the 16 EVER... but then again I dont sell it in cali lol good luck, fkn whores n yes ima organic grower who fkn hates the clubs fk them n fk-m some more lol thanks for the rant!

geneva_sativa

Veteran

What are the "mom and pop" shops offering customers ? the same imported goods from china at a higher price and a poor return policy.

They were a middleman now consumers can go to higher up the chain and buy the same goods from less expensive suppliers like the "mom and pop" shops did. The small time middle man died, they offered nothing but an obstacle and a fee in a changing market.

No, it is a much different dynamic. Weed prices were high because weed was illegal. Not many wanted to take the risk to grow and sell. Now that the legal risk is gone more people will grow and sell, more competition + more product = lower price.

I do think that on a high level the weed market is getting corrupted with regulations, taxes, fees, licenses, etc. This is actually keeping prices up.

just have to disagree, i guess

shithawk420

Veteran
No, I agree, the shit exports from CO are garbage. And the price is so cheap that people don’t want to pay any more for something that might be better.

I’m sure the problem isn’t Shithawk’s growing, it’s that people think they are smoking good shit when they are smoking that garbage from CO and they don’t want to listen to people that charge more for AAA quality.
THIS RIGHT HERE!THANK YOU SIR:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
-

Let me try to help you shithawk420, I read many reasons of failure in your post.

Don't blame other for your failure. Markets are full of multiple players the collection and competition sets the price. Your price obviously too high, your pricing structure is not working - The competitions pricing structure is.

Bashing your competition and their products only makes you look bad.

A good merchant thinks of his customers and clients
Consumers are getting a better price why do they care about a merchant that is trying to sell product at a higher price ?
Why are you “honest” ? Because you want to harvest more money from people ? = Fail.

For years/decades growers have been selling over priced stuff. Supply was low so were standards. Times have changed.

Everyone thinks their stuff is “the” best. The reality is if no one is buying ,,,?
well fuck me then.i cant make a living then cause growing dope is or was my business.fuck you guys.your like big business buying out the little guy with your cheap garbage.and you just say "well thats life buddy"fuck you im a second generation grower.
just remember it was people like my FATHER risking ther ass to get people like you your dope.FUCK YOUU

h.h.

Veteran

Amazon is made up of individual sellers. Its more like a shopping center full of m&p shops. Many goods are manufactured here by small cottage industries and sold through Amazon. It gives the m&p shops a platform so they can compete.

Too many states and municipalities taking their cut. Government ran bubbles.

green404

Amazon is made up of individual sellers. Its more like a shopping center full of m&p shops. Many goods are manufactured here by small cottage industries and sold through Amazon. It gives the m&p shops a platform so they can compete.

Too many states and municipalities taking their cut. Government ran bubbles.

I agree Amazon is a platform where m&p shops can participate(many times at a loss).

Amazon is also a complex monopoly beast. I would love to discuss the different aspects and angles of Amazon and the current market.
But.. I have been warned to keep my posts on this thread to Cali and Cali prices.

Back to Cali prices. I put in "la dispensaries $99 oz" in google and was flooded with results, plenty to choose from.
What was interesting was the competition below $99. I am seeing people trying to sell product on the retail level for $75oz and even $59.oz

Looks like a saturated market to me.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
I agree Amazon is a platform where m&p shops can participate(many times at a loss).

Amazon is also a complex monopoly beast. I would love to discuss the different aspects and angles of Amazon and the current market.
But.. I have been warned to keep my posts on this thread to Cali and Cali prices.

Back to Cali prices. I put in "la dispensaries $99 oz" in google and was flooded with results, plenty to choose from.
What was interesting was the competition below $99. I am seeing people trying to sell product on the retail level for $75oz and even $59.oz

Gots to do something with that house shake.:laughing:

OregonBorn

Its that way in Oregon and Washington as well. $60 an oz. bottom shelf specials. $100 an oz mid shelf deals. 1980 prices. No more flood of people coming up from California to buy legal here. Loss leaders and break even prices to get you in the door.

green404

Had a thought here. Maybe weed will become so cheap that they will pay us to take it away? :dance013:

When I go to people houses that have gardens we will smoke some home grown, they will tell me about the garden then say "oh you should take some.." then they start fill zip lock bags of outdoor.

Just what I need, a couple more bags of outdoor. I politely take it and say "thanks".

It's like zucchinis in the fall, every time you visit a house with a garden you will leave with a box full. Then you get home and think "What am I going to do with this.. ?"

Latest posts

Latest posts