What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

MedResearcher

Veteran
So far way less spring Hmong activity around here. Should be interesting if that many won't plant this year, or if they will just rush in June/July and come plant. Also curious where they went, I had heard they bought a lot of high desert property a couple years ago, maybe less code enforcement there.

The cheap hydro electricity always cracked me up. Really surprised the big corp guys haven't figured it out. Cheap property, cheap electricity, canna friendly'ish for the most part... The article did mention, that if your over 10k kwh per month, they are going to bump you into a commercial rate, which is still low, think 7 cents kwh before the other crap they add on.Not sure if you caught it, but they also hinted, that anyone using over 10k most be doing something "commercial." To me, it was forewarning that if your on that list, be prepared for code enforcement at some point in the future.

Was about this time last year, the market picked up a bunch. Couple more months, even more so. The dep just isn't enough. Also dep season can raise the price on good full term that passes for dep.. :biggrin:

Mr^^

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
my outdoors are almost gone. phone is ringing off the hook. getting offers for up to 1k per pound. seems pretty dry all of a sudden or maybe it's just me.

JVonChron

Can’t figure out how to get a picture on here on this damn phone. The mk is purple and frosty and reaks like skunk not that fruity purp. The bd is as good as bd gets. Everyone that grew shitty/fake bd really did people a disservice

JVonChron

What we been asking ain’t quite what we been getting but close. Just keeping the bills paid and hoping for better numbers. All the sours and ogs went for float rides at 11 with a “supposed” 4week turn around but that month turned into 3 last go round

cryptop

So far way less spring Hmong activity around here. Should be interesting if that many won't plant this year, or if they will just rush in June/July and come plant. Also curious where they went, I had heard they bought a lot of high desert property a couple years ago, maybe less code enforcement there.

The cheap hydro electricity always cracked me up. Really surprised the big corp guys haven't figured it out. Cheap property, cheap electricity, canna friendly'ish for the most part... The article did mention, that if your over 10k kwh per month, they are going to bump you into a commercial rate, which is still low, think 7 cents kwh before the other crap they add on.Not sure if you caught it, but they also hinted, that anyone using over 10k most be doing something "commercial." To me, it was forewarning that if your on that list, be prepared for code enforcement at some point in the future.

Was about this time last year, the market picked up a bunch. Couple more months, even more so. The dep just isn't enough. Also dep season can raise the price on good full term that passes for dep.. :biggrin:

Mr^^

Yeah a lot of those "big corp" guys are building out facilities in the remote desert BEFORE talking to PG&E/etc about getting power. They assume the companies will build out entire power stations just for them when that's not in their best interests one bit. Baffling.

Thescroggf...you know anyone growing at less than 200/lb?

TheScrogf... do even know anyone who grows multiple pounds? Or is it just east coast l.e.d. crap? Because if you can read (unlike Green404) you would know this thread is for Cali growers who grow multiple pounds. Please, come on people. We aren’t talking about ounces and we aren’t talking about CO and we aren’t talking about 2023. We are trying to talk about 2018 wholesale pound prices.

Green404, didn’t Babba tell you to stop fucking up this thread? Can you atleast respect Babba?

Last edited:

green404

Because if you can read (unlike Green404) you would know this thread is for Cali growers who grow multiple pounds. Please, come on people. We aren’t talking about ounces and we aren’t talking about CO and we aren’t talking about 2023. We are trying to talk about 2018 wholesale pound prices.

1- The mention of CO prices are in relation to the market as a whole and a market that is ahead of Cal.
Prices have plummeted because MJ is legal and legal to grow in places. This means that MJ is turning into a agricultural commodity.
Expect Colorado prices in Cali in a year.

This is a discussion on a market and prices. Try to think beyond "this guy said he got ___ for some dank."

2-The mention of oz prices was in relation to what retailers are getting, the retail prices were put out there as a gauge on how much a wholesaler might get.
Again Try to think beyond the guy that says "I got 15 dude..." If someone says they get 15 for 1lb and the retailer sells a 16th of that for $100. ?? the math/reality calls BS..

--Bottom line is the market is changing, inflated prices that were made were made from legal risk- legal risk is gone and not coming back.

This thread is full of a lot of misinformation from people desperately clinging to an past inflated market.

*Reality check* get a real business(the kind that employees people and deals in real wholesale) if you want to make money. The 90s are gone.

Green404, didn’t Babba tell you to stop fucking up this thread? Can you atleast respect Babba?

Yes Babba reminded me to stick to Cali prices and the thread subject.

Expect Colorado prices in a year

This is a discussion on a market and prices.

*Reality check*

1. Nobody needs your reality check. We are living reality everyday. It’s not great but it is still profitable. Our day to day IS reality, not some shit we think up in our mom’s basement.

2. This has never been a theoretical discussion about the future. Nobody can predict the future. Dab cartridges didn’t exist 5 years ago, now they are almost 50% of the California retail market. Just post that shit somewhere else.

3. Anybody interested in retail prices can simply look on a dispensary website. Harborside runs like 6 registers and sells the shit out of weed. They are offering 1 strain on sale at $150 (49% off), 2 strains in the $200’s and many others ranging from $340-$420. This is no bullshit “one time I saw $50 ounces, dude.”

And ya, Cali wholesale prices are like “my bro got 900 for 10” or “I’m getting a lot of calls at 1000”. It’s the only way.

theJointedOne

Veteran
yo bros and girls, please dont publicly ask for sales, if anything you could pm the people who you think might help you, but posting openly on a thread publicly asking for a pm to get sales is technically a tou violation. No biggie just keep it on the dl please

cheers