What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Why are you preaching doom? maybe you are one of the guys who just set up a million dollar warehouse grow and you want to scare away the outdoor growers by telling us our shit is worthless...

Or maybe your outdoor just sucks....

Good outdoor weed will always be worth money for the same reason as good indoor weed, and at the end of the day the cost of production is much lower for outdoors while the quality can be very comparable.

I've been selling my 2017 outdoors for 700+ per pound since last fall.. just sold 15 last week, and then a couple days later i got rid of 3 pounds for 1k each. Just got another order for 20 pounds at 700 each but i have to drive it down to LA so will probably try to charge extra.

My point exactly! The game isn't over for the independent grower. We just gotta get out there and do a little more foot work. The lazy days are over. Just like the indoor 4k unit days are long gone. Gotta change with the times. "Only the strong will survive"..

OP

green404

Why are you preaching doom? maybe you are one of the guys who just set up a million dollar warehouse grow and you want to scare away the outdoor growers by telling us our shit is worthless...

Or maybe your outdoor just sucks....

Good outdoor weed will always be worth money for the same reason as good indoor weed, and at the end of the day the cost of production is much lower for outdoors while the quality can be very comparable.

As of now everywhere I know in Cali and Colorado is flooded with MJ. People are only buy top shelf and buying their personal favorite strains.

Outdoor is just not as good as quality as indoor. I have never seen outdoor make it to the top shelf. I have lived in Hawaii and Humboldt where outdoor is good, but still not as good as indoor.

Everyone and their dog has plants in their yard now days. In fall they harvest and have more then they and their friends and family can smoke all winter. They don't want to buy more outdoor stuff. They want to buy the exotic crystally stuff off of the top shelf.

I have friends that keep trying to tell me their outdoor is "as good as the dispensary pot" "they don't use chemicals" etc. It is outdoor pot it smells like outdoor, it looks like outdoor, it tastes like outdoor.
After a couple of years they throw the extra into the compost pile.

If anyone with a yard can legally grow it in a few months of minimal care - How much is it worth ?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
\
Outdoor is just not as good as quality as indoor. I have never seen outdoor make it to the top shelf.

picture.php

And now you have:tiphat:

beta

Veteran
As of now everywhere I know in Cali and Colorado is flooded with MJ. People are only buy top shelf and buying their personal favorite strains.

Outdoor is just not as good as quality as indoor. I have never seen outdoor make it to the top shelf. I have lived in Hawaii and Humboldt where outdoor is good, but still not as good as indoor.

Everyone and their dog has plants in their yard now days. In fall they harvest and have more then they and their friends and family can smoke all winter. They don't want to buy more outdoor stuff. They want to buy the exotic crystally stuff off of the top shelf.

I have friends that keep trying to tell me their outdoor is "as good as the dispensary pot" "they don't use chemicals" etc. It is outdoor pot it smells like outdoor, it looks like outdoor, it tastes like outdoor.
After a couple of years they throw the extra into the compost pile.

If anyone with a yard can legally grow it in a few months of minimal care - How much is it worth ?

Outdoor growers will swear up and down that their product is equivalent or even superior to indoor.

Weird how the market consistently disagrees. I have never ever ever seen outdoor go for a premium over indoor. Why do you suppose that is?

oldhaole

Veteran

You may have visited as a tourist, but I doubt you lived here for long.... or you just didn't know what your doing back then. Living in Hawaii for 50 years, I can tell you, nobody's first choice is to smoke indoor weed. You can do that anywhere on the Mainland.

Outdoor growers will swear up and down that their product is equivalent or even superior to indoor.

Weird how the market consistently disagrees. I have never ever ever seen outdoor go for a premium over indoor. Why do you suppose that is?

Ahhh... your wrong there Big Guy. Here in Hawaii the market has constantly valued outdoor over indoor. A unit of outdoor, will seldom, (I don't want to say never, and tempt the gods) fall below 2k. One or ten....price stays the same. There's just not that much of it around this time of year. Come Summer the price may fall. It hasn't yet. But it may.

As for exporting to California... we do that. When inventory is available.

It's not like there is no indoor here. Some is actually grown here. That is far better than the crap they ship us, but it still doesn't fetch top dollar. It's fresh, and hasn't been messed up in transit. Prices for indoor are all over the place. Depends who you know. Units of indoor go between 6-16. Like the price, quality is also all over the place.

If the playing field were to be totally level, and product from any place was freely allowed to go wherever the demand was, Hawaii would be where California is today. It's not like were any better growers, were not. What we are is 1000 miles closer to the equator.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The Hole in Ozone Layer above Hawaii ... that's what makes their outdoor so dank... Trees from that part of the world is an ultra premium

h.h.

Veteran
Falbrook, IV, Big Sur, Humboldt. Lots of good outdoor. Indoor can be excellent, yet it so often misses the mark. More so than outdoor.

There will always be a market. There will be profit, but it will take a lot more investment of time, skill, and money.

jidoka

10 yrs from now indoor will not exist (cost). Get ready now or still be telling that indo myth when you don’t grow anymore. Top shelf will be black boxes at altitude. Already is

BigBudMan

10 yrs from now indoor will not exist (cost). Get ready now or still be telling that indo myth when you don’t grow anymore. Top shelf will be black boxes at altitude. Already is

^^^^Wishful thinking^^^^
Anyway...new dispensary across the street from the house..$50 eighths..it's plenty money rotating in LA INDOOR FTW..

Wendull C.

Veteran

Can I get an amen.

Prices 12 for bulk ins. A lot more for rare phenos and quality. I will say it again, Quality.

I just saw the norcal icmag dosido cut go at 6500 for 5. Perfect lookin nug too. Proper cure. Everything. But there is a reason we call this broker low ball so and so.

theJointedOne

Veteran
i swear some of these fools work for russian/trump/facebook type shit, they come in here and kick up dust for nothing more than to disrupt the thread. Im not gonna rant on it more, just had to laugh as i read these fools talkin about growin is 'easy'..i agree dirt schwagg is easy, enjoy bros :wave:

BigBudMan

Can I get an amen.

Prices 12 for bulk ins. A lot more for rare phenos and quality. I will say it again, Quality.

I just saw the norcal icmag dosido cut go at 6500 for 5. Perfect lookin nug too. Proper cure. Everything. But there is a reason we call this broker low ball so and so.

Are you referring to those huge indoor grows with the lights 30' above the canopy.. I've smoked some of that type of stuff...not impressed but there is a market for that pretindo..in Michigan..yeah $50 eighths man...40minute wait... Inglewood,Ca

Wendull C.

Veteran
The weed was great. But when you have electric to pay, they smell that desperation and eat you alive. People with rec licenses are getting very good tickets fwiw.

Last edited:

h.h.

Veteran
i swear some of these fools work for russian/trump/facebook type shit, they come in here and kick up dust for nothing more than to disrupt the thread. Im not gonna rant on it more, just had to laugh as i read these fools talkin about growin is 'easy'..i agree dirt schwagg is easy, enjoy bros :wave:
What is so hard?