What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Skip

Veteran
People should READ UP on what smoke from THOUSANDS of house fires contains, and what it leaves on crops (of any kind).

Gee could that be why growers in Norcal have been TREATING their smoke damaged pot?

And what does this treated pot taste like?

Also read the ongoing stories about what the firefighters inhaled, and the medical issues they're having now.

This is a health issue, and people need to be aware.

There's more than one reason why outdoor pot is so cheap this year.

As I said b4, I ain't buyin' it!

Oh and many vineyards had to dump their crops due to smoke damage, but cannabis is fine?

N

naturalbornkilr

i know of a legal entity purchasing licensed cannabis, they paid 1300 for some amazing organic outdoor, and 100 of them.

That may be true but I haven't heard of any dispensary buying bulk outdoor after the new year, some are buying prepackaged 8th and prerolls but not by the pound. According to the two business owners in my immediate vicinity said they haven't sold anything for less than 28 and some things up to 38 in large bulk, thats coming from 3x 22k sqft indoors.

calisun

Yeah some low ballers really belong in hell. I seen someone sell a 8 pack of outdoor for 8800 in Fl. Fucking rough action.

It's good to hear what it's going for back east. It' helps to figure out who's stuffing their pockets. The Brokers or destination? or are the lower prices a sign of the time all over and people are being fair. In my neighborhood in Ca i'm seeing outs 1000-1200. hand trimmed good quality.
Try not to give in to low ball bids if you can help it.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
California ( San Joaquin Valley Bud) Outdoor GG4= No smoke damage- all organic- $15,000 for 15 lbs. $120 a zip to friends.

GG4 Live Rosin (Pressed Ice Wax) $50 per gram
Watermelon Head Live Rosin ( Headband x GG4 x Headband, pressed Ice Wax) $120 per gram

Storm Shadow

Veteran
All Tumbleweed becomes Hot Dog Juice these days....

Those Distillate carts pure Garbage clean or not... Pure HOT DOG JUICE

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
No tumble weed here
picture.php

JVonChron

waiting/hoping/praying that numbers go up. folks i been working with have no shame in tellin' me theyre doubling/tripling up, then have the audacity to start trying to shave points off of an already ridiculous price. having trouble predicting weather black market prices will rebound because clubs only wanna buy licensed units now, or if that will further glut the black market because fewer and fewer folks got permits and all those units gotta go somewhere. Will CA get the track and trace implemented in July like they claim?

different

Wholesale prices will continue to drop.
It such an easy crop to grow and it will be impossible to maintain inflated prices with legalization snowballing.

frostqueen

People saying outdoor can be better than indoor make me laugh. It's like the old timers who swear that weed was stronger in the 70's because they got super high once and never forget about it. When your goal is to have certain environmental conditions for your cannabis, having control over those conditions will always produce better cannabis than not having control over them. There is nothing that exists outdoors that can't be replicated more precisely and with more control in an indoor environment. Indoor always trumps outdoor and every grower who has done both with an unbiased perspective knows this from experience. It's common sense.

While I respect all subjective opinions about this indoor vs. outdoor debate, my personal feeling is that the warmer nights from an indoor environment alone create a better end product. I also don't think 90+ degree or hotter temps outside do much to promote a quality flower. Obviously cannabis has evolved and adapted to growing in those temps, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the flower aesthetics are favored by it.

There is a reason that outdoor weed sells for less $ than indoor or light dep. Many people know how to grow some great outdoor weed, but generally speaking, consistent indoor quality is the clincher in the market. Especially now with legalization in many states.

Rondon

Will indoor quality trump the cost to produce it forever? I hardly think so as prices continue to fall. For all quality..indoor or out. Supplemented greenhouse/light dep is the future for quality at best.

frostqueen

Will indoor quality trump the cost to produce it forever? I hardly think so as prices continue to fall. For all quality..indoor or out. Supplemented greenhouse/light dep is the future for quality at best.

This is a good point. I also suspect that many of the top dollar nutrient and supplement companies are going to be really hard hit by legalization. Most smaller growers only used those products because they made bank selling the results. When flower prices are at basement levels or there is no flower market at all it gets harder to justify those expensive products. Canna, BioBizz, Great White and Advanced, I'm talking about you guys.

Yes, people will still use those products on a small scale for their own stash, but I question whether large flower production outfits will pay those high prices when keeping overhead down is such a big factor.

packerfan79

Veteran
This is a good point. I also suspect that many of the top dollar nutrient and supplement companies are going to be really hard hit by legalization. Most smaller growers only used those products because they made bank selling the results. When flower prices are at basement levels or there is no flower market at all it gets harder to justify those expensive products. Canna, BioBizz, Great White and Advanced, I'm talking about you guys.

Yes, people will still use those products on a small scale for their own stash, but I question whether large flower production outfits will pay those high prices when keeping overhead down is such a big factor.

I can't imagine to many large operations are using overpriced snake oil. I actually have seen help wanted signs at the local hydroshops. I would bet shops make more money off of home growers, very small discounts for regular Joe's.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
kinda funny that people don't see a big enough market that all of these dynamics won't all occur at the same time

theJointedOne

Veteran
kinda funny that people don't see a big enough market that all of these dynamics won't all occur at the same time

I'm sure they will occur concurrently.

Thread back on track.

Thanks for the pm's from people and the rep and neg rep ;) all good. I'm not a big timer, actually the opposite.. just a fading breed that's grasping for strands of this industry's shoe laces.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
outdoor flowers holding pretty steady around 700-800 in my area. Really nice packs can still get up to 1200 but it's rare. I've also been getting about $150/oz for trimrun shatter, and 500/oz for fresh-frozen "sauce"

I might put some shatter into cartridges .. there is a high demand for those things in some places. anybody know the process for doing this?

packerfan79

Veteran
outdoor flowers holding pretty steady around 700-800 in my area. Really nice packs can still get up to 1200 but it's rare. I've also been getting about $150/oz for trimrun shatter, and 500/oz for fresh-frozen "sauce"

I might put some shatter into cartridges .. there is a high demand for those things in some places. anybody know the process for doing this?

Come to so cal that shatter goes for 400 an ounce here

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Come to so cal that shatter goes for 400 an ounce here
I grew up in LA.... i dont have time or energy to drive around that shithole city and slang ounces anymore, that's how i spent my highschool years..:laughing: We only sell shatter in bulk now. got 1200 for a half pound of trimrun last weekend and thats fine with me

Latest posts

Latest posts