What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

packerfan79

Veteran
Iam just gonna go ahead and say what everyone is feeling but don't want to say it because they will get bashed and it isnt the "correct" way to think. I really bit myself in the ass all them years...believing the political "cause" from the High Times/ NORML camp and legalization efforts a little later from the MPP. I dont want to see anyone go to jail. I dont want to see Operation Black Merchant all over again but dammit..this isnt what I necessarily had in mind with legal weed. A whole way of life my farmer pals and I have or had is disappearing. A way of life and culture we took the chance and risked freedom to build. We built it alone. No one else was there. And not only that but some wanted us thrown in cages. Again I dont want to see anyone go to jail for weed..ever. But to watch these cocksucking politicians and corporations (who where nowhere decades ago or were the enemy) champion this thing we built because of money..my fucking money I lived on...really rubs me wrong. More and more I wish it would go back to the old days. I know that is selfish but damn man. Thats just how I personally feel about this.

The government was never going to allow weed to be legal. They will still be locking people up for weed. I was a ardent supporter of the Jack Herer initiative. We got a crap corporate tax scheme.

As a libertarian I belive we should be all be allowed to compete in a free market. The cream will rise to the top. The corporate crap will inevitably fail, but when the government picks the player you get cronyism not free market.

I have a friend who works at a legal grow in Arizona, he post pics of the buds. They are middle shelf at best. They grow stuff like northern lights, white widow, green crack, big bud. Nothing less than 20 years old. No cookies, no OG, no glue. Freaking funny, but sad for the folks who buy it. I sure hope that's not what happens here in California

h.h.

Veteran
Every step forward we take gets us closer to the flying monkeys, but forward we must go. Having done a little support work for CalNorml in the 70's. I could see the writing on the wall. Not everybody was a brother.
Now we're in the middle of a bubble, business and governments all looking for that same dollar. Your freedom at a price. The collapse starts at the bottom as wholesale prices tumble.
Woe is me, doom and gloom and wicked witches and the wizard is a fraud...
Oh well. What's it all about Mr. Natural? Don't mean sheeet...
You have to do for yourselves. We have to do for ourselves. Fuck them like they don't exist.
I don't sell to them and I don't buy from them.

calisun

The government was never going to allow weed to be legal. They will still be locking people up for weed. I was a ardent supporter of the Jack Herer initiative. We got a crap corporate tax scheme.

As a libertarian I belive we should be all be allowed to compete in a free market. The cream will rise to the top. The corporate crap will inevitably fail, but when the government picks the player you get cronyism not free market.

I have a friend who works at a legal grow in Arizona, he post pics of the buds. They are middle shelf at best. They grow stuff like northern lights, white widow, green crack, big bud. Nothing less than 20 years old. No cookies, no OG, no glue. Freaking funny, but sad for the folks who buy it. I sure hope that's not what happens here in California

I agree the Jack Herer initiative was the best out and I wish it had more support.
On another note cookies and glue birthday cake and all the new ones are not nearly as good as the real white widow and northern lights from the 90's and earlier imo.

Rondon

I dont know about that. White Widow and NL were damn good and still are..They were popular for sure. But the stuff nowadays is way beyond those strains I think. I ran the hell out of Widow and even more NL back then. Big pots of Promix and rockwool slabs. Grew all them classics every which way I could muster. And the stuff I grow now...the newer stuff blows it out of the way. I think so. My family & friends that were around back then and still are do as well.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
.the newer stuff blows it out of the way. I think so. My family & friends that were around back then and still are do as well.
this is off topic but i smoked some white widow bho recently and it's just as good as i remember... the batch had loud citrus flavor, just as good as any comparable "new" strains like Kosher Tangie or Sunset Sherbert. Saw a great batch of blueberry recently too. Old strains are still commercially viable if your shit is on point. of course OG has been around since the 90's so that could be considered old as well

Wendull C.

Veteran
Off topic too, but blueberry is some of the finest pot I have smoked.

Grown right it is hard to beat. Nice to see some of the old stalwarts coming back into fashion as people want more and more variety.

theJointedOne

Veteran
i still have old dna in the stable..blue dream, old betsy..few others...i like new cars but theres a reason why people collect the classics..

back on topic 10 for 8 of machine molested

h.h.

Veteran
Some of that old no name Mexican bag seed worked pretty well when treated like a lady.

packerfan79

Veteran
I do love the blueberry from back in the day. Taste like you ate a hand full of slightly over ripe blueberries. Man I wish it wasn't such a pain to grow. I had a buddy that lived up in the mountains who had garbage bags full of super dank blueberry, the good old days.

Rondon

The original BB was and still is a kick ass plant to run. That over ripe blueberry and warm muffin mixed with oaty Cheerios cereal smell. I ran that one back in the day alot as well. The real one from back then was easy for me to grow. Real indica the cut i had. Big chunker buds. But there are mostly indys now that have better less tolerant potency in my opinion. Bubba..Cataract/L.A. Affie/Confidential..etc. (Some of these are just as old as BB or older but I didnt hear about them or run them until way later). These all yield slightly less..no blueberry smell. More danky Kush but the stone just floors me the more I smoke. Old school BB had a ceiling. It only got you so baked. The indys I run now..damn.

bamboogardner

Anyone have updates on Nor Cali sungrown outs and indoor pricing? I know units are down, but what has everyone been hearing? Cali pricing only please!!!!!

Wendull C.

Veteran
No, if you have the rarity and quality you can still pull 27 to 28 on a regular basis. Tickets are up if you have a license in some shops. Most guys cant pass the testing requirements also.

Rondon

Well Iam in Michigan and a caregiver with 5 patients. Iam compensated well monthly for my products and service. I try and isolate plant specific cultivars for patient specific ailments. Always growing out and testing new gear. I have been growing for almost 30 years nonstop and on a serious level though. Recreation legal is coming here soon as well. I have family and friends in Cali that have been growing indoors and out for a long long time and they all tell me only the best of the best super high quality fetches the high dollar anymore. It has to be perfectly grown and the end product has to be trimmed dried and cured to a very high level. And those prices are falling as well. Quality is highly subjective anymore. There is no standard. And I think alot of it is hype and pot snobbery myself. Everyone thinks they got the best these days. And everyone thinks they are the best grower on the planet. And in reality its all smoke and mirrors and a huge overhyped dog and pony show with money involved. Especially on the pot growing forums. Been that way since the early days of Overgrow.com.

different

No, if you have the rarity and quality you can still pull 27 to 28 on a regular basis. Tickets are up if you have a license in some shops.

I would love to know which NorCal dispensaries are paying 2800.
That does not sound realistic anywhere within a couple hundred miles from Humboldt.

Rondon

I too think its horseshit. Even in med only Michigan really good growers are getting 2500 at the most for super quality indoor grown to perfection. And it has to be cured well for at least 3 or 4 weeks.