What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

packerfan79

Veteran
I was thinking the outbreak of broad mites around the triangle was going to create a shortage. Mabey I am wrong, a lot of great growers who can adapt so mabey I am wrong

MedResearcher

Veteran
I was thinking the outbreak of broad mites around the triangle was going to create a shortage. Mabey I am wrong, a lot of great growers who can adapt so mabey I am wrong

Think it just lowers the quality and price. Most of the great growers are retired imo. The new commercial cash croppers don't throw away anything. Broad mites attack their 1000+ pound grow, they spray Avid/Forbid, and harvest poison crap and dump it on the market.

Have friends who every year work on random commercial farms. They are almost always owned by guys from Florida or NY, and they all spray Avid/Forbid. The owners are so far removed from the grow, nobody even meets them. Doubt they care about anything but the profit margins, and the turn around on their investments.

Think a lot of the really low priced stuff belongs in the trash can. People won't throw it away though, so they keep it on the market leading to panic and price drops when people hear the prices.

Was a ton of units for 6, hanging around for quite a while. Turned out they were seeded. So for months people said, "oh I can get some for 600 why pay more," the reality was ya you can get trash at 600.

Think the low ticket dep is trash as well. Dep can be easier, and can turn out better. It also can be trash and belong in a compost pile.

Market is rough though. Best route imo, open a store front. Then use that cash flow to start grows. Can buy low tickets, then when you harvest straight to the shelves for top dollar. Those are the guys with a bright future. Without that vertical monopoly the days are limited.

Mr^^

JVonChron

haha learned my lesson on that one. any time someone says they got 6 dollar packs, I tell em to bring me 10. sight unseen. suffice to say it has never happened. they either dont exist, or they are way shittier than let on and they never come back with em. not to say its not possible, but just my experience.

oldchuck

Veteran
Why aren't you guys talking about the Napa, Sonoma, etc. fires that seem to be torching crops? Will they do anything to prices?

HHILL

Last years outdoor small packs 9, this years packs was offered 1k per, seems low to me. 16 to certain Bay Area clubs still

HHILL

Now I'm seeing 900-1000 per here in the Bay Area for good outdoor organic Anyone else seeing low numbers this season? I'm going to hold out for 12 if I can, 14-16 to dispensary.

My buyer for the last several years says he's not interested in my OD. At any price. Says he's buying deps at 1600 and ID at 1800. Gonna be a tough one for me this year.

geneva_sativa

Veteran
evolve how ?

packaging with 1000 times more petroleum crap than is neccasary ? or maybe fake terpenes ?

I would happily prefer the wandering yogis stash of 1000 years ago, than the crap that pervades the marketplace today

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
evolve how ?

packaging with 1000 times more petroleum crap than is neccasary ? or maybe fake terpenes ?

I would happily prefer the wandering yogis stash of 1000 years ago, than the crap that pervades the marketplace today

I hear you, but as growers we must evolve to stay in the game at least through good marketing strategies and aligning yourself with the right storefronts or like MedResearcher said, starting your own storefront.

I think it will get hard to stick with your regularly scheduled program soon.

Think it just lowers the quality and price. Most of the great growers are retired imo. The new commercial cash croppers don't throw away anything. Broad mites attack their 1000+ pound grow, they spray Avid/Forbid, and harvest poison crap and dump it on the market.

Have friends who every year work on random commercial farms. They are almost always owned by guys from Florida or NY, and they all spray Avid/Forbid. The owners are so far removed from the grow, nobody even meets them. Doubt they care about anything but the profit margins, and the turn around on their investments.

Think a lot of the really low priced stuff belongs in the trash can. People won't throw it away though, so they keep it on the market leading to panic and price drops when people hear the prices.

Was a ton of units for 6, hanging around for quite a while. Turned out they were seeded. So for months people said, "oh I can get some for 600 why pay more," the reality was ya you can get trash at 600.

Think the low ticket dep is trash as well. Dep can be easier, and can turn out better. It also can be trash and belong in a compost pile.

Market is rough though. Best route imo, open a store front. Then use that cash flow to start grows. Can buy low tickets, then when you harvest straight to the shelves for top dollar. Those are the guys with a bright future. Without that vertical monopoly the days are limited.

Mr^^

theJointedOne

Veteran
lowest prices ive ever seen currently. Market is saturated and its not even halloween. The new norm i guess.So far ive seen 9 for a handful, not expecting more than that tbh. I cant see prices this time next year being over 6 or 7, at most, for full term, 1k for deps, 1500 for indoor

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Last week I heard talk of 20 packs in Humbolt for $200/unit and people still sitting on last years units.

Wonder what the reality is out there...

packerfan79

Veteran
Last week I heard talk of 20 packs in Humbolt for $200/unit and people still sitting on last years units.

Wonder what the reality is out there...

I imagine most people would send it back east befor giving it away for a few hundred a pack. I think a lot of the low ball talk is just greedy fucks trying to get over on people. I am in so cal I haven't heard of anything even close to that. Then again I don't buy weed just grow and sell it. At 200 it must be trash. Even 6-7 probably isn't even worth making extracts.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Those prices.... It has to be garbage. Good bud can be made into top dollar Ice wax, and hash rosin. One of our plants yields 25% rosin from bud. There is a lot of money to be made on quality extracts

JVonChron

sheeeit....just had some workers show up from humbo....i swear to you they claimed the same thing...decently stored, green chunky last year buds for 200/#. nothing special, but they showed me pictures and it is worth almost 8x. big buds, very duffy looking but would make you some duckets. dont make no sense

Latest posts

Latest posts