What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I don't think quality growers are going to have major problems. Commercial larger scale grows are not going to be the same quality.

I agree n disagree at the same time, yes some smaller boutique growers may make it but most won't n the ones who do will most likely be living comfortable from other income aswell... Most smaller growers are used to getting top dollar , they still may but top dollar is gonna drop dramatically as they already are,, say a 6 of budlight is 6bucks then u got ipa go in for 9, so if lbs are 1k for most say they can squeeze 15 maybe , if ya got a small grow and use to 2+ I dont think they will be able to take that hit n keep there kushy lifestyles n probably quit.. I've seen some super large grows putting out tons of mersh terrible buds but I've also seen some super impressive xl grows done proper n pumping out quality that is damn good so it's not impossible to believe in time more n more will start getting it right... They allready doing acres in oreg, n ca, .. In near future these small boutique craft grows are all gonna be 100+lights...

gh0stm0de

Homie i used to recop with in highschool got deported back to london bringing cash over border back in the bc bud/beasters days.

He says 4-5000k british pounds for a box aka kilo.

Not gonna lie there was a time i almost DHL him some greenhouse cheese but i just didnt have the balls

100-200 is already small for boutique grow! Sacramento allows 22,000 sq feet thats 4.5 basketball courts. Consider the scope and size.

If you havent seen, check our marijuana mania via berner on youtube. Lotta guys already doing 800 light shows

cryptop

We see microbrews and boutique small batch producers able to claw out a niche.. When i used to drink i enjoyed craft ipa.. But becaus the craft brewer survived that does not inherently mean that they flourished. Anheuser busch produces garbage but enjoys 45% of the american market share.

In my particular market place i am routinely surprised by the decisions consumers make. Price is so often the driving factor!

Also, i keep seeing people assume that the commercial products will be typical bammer. It is easy enough to hit a suitable tier of quality that i see first time growers with no background do it all the time. More often than they fail the first time. Especially with proliferation of information and quality genetics.

So you think with big money they cant hire consultants whos cultivation knowledge supercedes our own..? They are probably already dialing in their process in preparation. We are only months out now and who knows what further changes loom on the horizon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the big beer brewers (Coors, Miller, Budweiser, etc) started out fairly small, almost considered as "craft".

I think a company like Emerald Family Farms will become one of the biggest players in the long term, as their brand is more decentralized. They actually emulate what the biggest tobacco companies do (only own the branding, and set up contracts with growers to provide product for them).

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
I always enjoy tuning into the Wholesale Pot Prices & Futures forecast. There is no one in the world who can predict the cannabis future like a stoner...:smoker:

hazefreak

Homie i used to recop with in highschool got deported back to london bringing cash over border back in the bc bud/beasters days.

He says 4-5000k british pounds for a box

Thats cheap bro try 6k , real dodgy sticky cheese might be 5k!!

Ive seen ppl doing 68 for amnesia from dam.

Now we got those tuna tins going for a bomb!

The Boutique Grower has been finished up there for years (Norcal). So many have emigrated already.
Better be ethical, when ya go somewhere else. People are onto the loose ethics of Californians in the Cannabis Trade.

HHILL

So is the market drying up yet? I'm curious if people are sitting on packs like me to release them in the next few weeks. Keep them green and fresh with good storage conditions, yeehaw

gh0stm0de

I am seeing it dry up in Sac. Your mileage may vary. Not long ago I was seein em for 650,450 on good smalls. Now its 850-1000 for same packs ! Summertime blues mayne. This is for singles too
Not seeing a lot of love on 20~ so im guessing theyre shoveling all day.

Not dry in terms of supply. I suspect just taxation

Diamond og not well trimmed but good nug 1600 indo

Drying up in Trinity. Prices are not particularly high, 13-14 (to the wholesaler) but people are happy to be selling out. Quite a lot of plant chopping going on too. Permitted and not permitted, don't matter. So, what are people seeing, both prices and enforcement efforts?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the big beer brewers (Coors, Miller, Budweiser, etc) started out fairly small, almost considered as "craft".

I think a company like Emerald Family Farms will become one of the biggest players in the long term, as their brand is more decentralized. They actually emulate what the biggest tobacco companies do (only own the branding, and set up contracts with growers to provide product for them).

You're wrong. :D

There was only the bones of the biggest dogs after Prohibition which gave rise to smallish regionalesque Walmarts.

Enforcement on large, gross, environmentally damaging grows and smaller ones that get neighbor complaints. Many large farms being permitted from 10,000 sq ft to 7 acres.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Bullshit dogpound

I was growing dwc in 2005 in the east

I produced amazing quality rez seeds sour d v3

I was just a guppy then and many other bigger growers out there had much more share than me.

People in illegal states (the fact that weed is illegal is illegal imo lol) have more at risk and put a lot into their product. When i was growing hydro in dc area back then i did it like my life hung on the results.

You know why? Because it did!

I learned everything i knew off overgrow and cannabisworld and then off and running learned from experience.

No og triple og 3rd generation puppetmaster guiding my actions..

Same controllable indoor conditions exist all over the planet, and a cheap smart phone in a third world country can access information and genetics. Dont kid yourself

gotta love the internet, the great equalizer... it's a pretty awesome time to be alive..

on the cannbis front, does anyone else think its goin to be a shit show with people trying to vend before the end of the year... then the regs come into effect right, with all the transportation/middlemen BS (refrigeration trucks, canned weed, ect..)

Personally im totally ready for ~$1000 pounds, all the way down to $500, ill still be happy to do what i do...

gh0stm0de

Agreed EBG just to be able to grow is a privelege. To be able to do what you love for a living is just about a blessing.

Canned weed is already happening.

I am actually a big fan of the nitrogen sealed cans i have been seeing.

Perfectly cured bud every time... Potentially. I tested out an old supplier's nitrogen sealed cans, loved his "the sauce" perfectly cured. But his "grateful breath" was very poorly cured and was spinachy consistency. Running public 55/8th i do believe for cans. Wtf is that packaging isnt that expensive OR that valuable.

I like the tech there though. Cure, can, forget about managing humidity, storage etc great for logistics.

Any of you fellas got experiences to share with nitogen sealed cans or other new packaging techniques ?

Fwiw, around june things started drying up, and have continued to do so. Dep is around but apparently insufficient qty driving prices back up.

If i was sittin on a crop id say verify first but problably safe time to dump

shaggyballs

Veteran
A cool member here that was recently banned, tells a story of people doing this in BC.
Even named a strain for it called black tuna.
Cool tech yes, old school tech yep.
High prices like 400 an O, people gonna try shippin' it in for that price.

If You ain't made it yet, forget it. The same adage held true 10 years ago, so it is more true today. If your family doesn't already own land in NorCal, forget it. Unless you are a Trustafarian.. Doing biz there is dangerous to your health, and your opinion of Humanity.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
im also curious about the nitro cans or any other packaging that people are using to store or market their flowers
If You ain't made it yet, forget it. The same adage held true 10 years ago, so it is more true today. If your family doesn't already own land in NorCal, forget it. Unless you are a Trustafarian.. Doing biz there is dangerous to your health, and your opinion of Humanity.
i disagree. grow game is getting tougher but not impossible to get in, and theres just as many happy folks in norcal as anywhere else in the world

Mitten hates California. Ain't no reasoning with him. As far as I'm concerned he can stay away from the best place on earth. More for us that love it.

Struck out locally, theyre wanting 1k for indoor here saying the market is flooded from LA. Went into debt for this grow and tbh some days I wish I hadn't got into this. Broke AF, was making a hell of a lot more when I was still in the military lmao. When I first started construction on my room and buying all my equipment it was still 3k/lb and in the time it took me to get rolling it's fallen completely...

How the fuck is everyone getting by with this? I was gonna try LA next but if it's flooded idk how tht would help. Not that it matters cuz all these dispo bosses only work 2-3 hrs a week so being there when they are is impossible. IDK why I'm ranting to you guys I guess I'm just frustrated...

Feel like I just have to find a way to unload this to ppl myself... Screw the dispensaries.

gh0stm0de

I feel you gnarls. Part of the problem is diversion is typically easier and far more lucrative.

Whoever offered you 1k for indoor is playing you. Or trying to.

I see guys get 1500-1600 for "decent" commercial indoor in sacramento. Up to 2-22 for exquisite fire.

Sometimes when a specific buyers supply outpaces ability to distribute, their relative demand for new stock is so low that they will have the audacity to offer such unrealistic prices.

Id rather a no thank you we are stocked than offer me half price of wholesale. I suspect desperate people accept the crazy lowball figs once in a while and when you offer half price you dont need many yesses to win.

Keep pounding the pavement and be willing to expand to new outlets. I hope you push a hard line and dont let someone fuck you

Latest posts

Latest posts